How to get in touch with Palladium about the kickstarter

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kenhaun
D-Bee

How to get in touch with Palladium about the kickstarter

Unread post by Kenhaun »

Hi

Don't know if this is a stupid question... But I need to change my address for the kickstarter wave 2, only I don't know how to get in contact with them. I tried starting a ticket on their helpdesk twice, but I have gotten zero replies so far, so I am probably doing something wrong? Can anyone give me some pointers?
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Re: How to get in touch with Palladium about the kickstarter

Unread post by LtPebbles »

I've heard that calling them is the best way to contact Palladium.

734-721-2900

They also have a help page:

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=192
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Yep, Officer Pebbles is correct. You're not doing something wrong. Connecting with PB staff in a non-internet manner (phone, physical mail or fax, all addresses at the link Pebbles provided) appears to be the only way to get fast, reliable communication. Most of the varied internet ways (posts here, to the helpdesk or through the Kickstarter "Contact Me") appear to go unanswered, or are significantly delayed before getting a response. A month or more for a response isn't out of the question.

There was an address provided in Update 157 for this (kickstarter@palladiumbooks.com), but I'm not sure if that's still valid, or if it is, if it's still monitored.

It's been pointed out many times that this is bass-ackwards, but it doesn't appear that it'll change, and it means if you're an international backer, you have to be prepared to incur some expense, or accept that delay. In this case, a delay isn't that big an issue, as manufacturing hasn't started yet (and doesn't appear to be close), and there was a three month timeframe from start of manufacturing until shipping to backers commenced. So you've got time.
Kenhaun
D-Bee

Unread post by Kenhaun »

Okay, thank you for your replies!

That does sound like quite poor customer service, but I guess I'll have to try and work with the options that are available. I think I will try the kickstarter email first (I tried the help desk already, LtPebbles), because I am indeed an international customer and calling them might be quite expensive. But yeah, thanks again :)
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I would do address changes through Kickstarter because that's how they print their backer lists. So make sure its changed there, then contact PB through Kickstarter. I've had good response from PB through KS. It may take a few days for a response though.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

Addresses are managed through Backerkit, however when they shipped Wave One, the status changed to "Shipped", meaning backers can't change their address ("Shipping Info is Locked").

Messaging them through the Kickstarter page isn't a bad idea, but only because we're no longer able to alter our details on our own. If they can unlock that feature, that'd be great, but I'm not certain how Backerkit handles multi-wave shipping.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

I've done some asking and if you need an address change or anything else Kickstarter related, try kickstarter@palladiumbooks.com
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Wayne Smith
OLD ONE

Unread post by Wayne Smith »

Forar wrote:If they can unlock that feature, that'd be great, but I'm not certain how Backerkit handles multi-wave shipping.

Yeah, that's the issue, and why everyone is still marked as shipped. It's not geared toward multiple stages of shipping. We might be able to get them to add that capability, but if not, I'll change the status back when we get closer to shipping, and spread the word to have backers update their address if they haven't already had us do it.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

An Update on Kickstarter would also reach a lot of the community.

Actually, an update on Kickstarter to bring us up to speed in general would be just peachy.

It has been nearly 20 weeks since the last update, and the last substantial information was provided back in April with the SDF-1, Armored Battloid, and YF-4 prototypes. No, sorry, I don't consider the wave 2 cards on DTRPG to be particularly substantial.

Also I was very confused when I didn't remember writing that, until I realized it was from January 20th 2016.
LeperColony
D-Bee

Unread post by LeperColony »

If you're updating something for Wave Two, you might as well write a letter to the North Pole. It'll be about as effective.
Warning: For Trolling.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”