Board index » MDC Worlds » Splicers® » Splicers® Unleashed!

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:54 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Hello “SPLICERS: Unleashed” Designers:

This is the devoted thread for Discussions to the 1st SPLICERS contest see link here:
viewtopic.php?p=2236906

This thread will contain the “SPLICERS: Unleashed” debates, discussions, promotions and inquiries portion of this contest. To keep things running smooth and to avoid everyone having to scroll pass a load of entry item discussions on other threads. Please keep posts constructive, tactful, and fun as I know these are our created babies in the making and we will be attached.

NOW LET THE SPLICE FLOW...!

Last edited by Premier on Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Wanderer

Well, my submission has been posted. I must admit, the different metabolisms was one of the first things that leapt out at me when I got the book many years ago, and are most fun to think new ones up for. I hope it is the sort of thing you guys were looking for...

[DESIGN NOTES]: The idea for the Salsivore metabolism came to me while eating pretzels and reading the first Splicers Unleashed post. Isn't the chain of creativity a strange thing indeed amongst us gamers...? ;) It was a hard choice for the name, as although 'salsus' is the Latin for 'salt', the Greek 'helios' sounded better... but the mixed compound sounded off. I initially kept thinking the name was too much like 'salsavore' (desiring Mexican foodstuffs), but it has grown on me, and I don't think I would want to change it now.

Any comments, suggestions, criticisms? Please - I'd like to hear them. :D

Last edited by clockpunk on Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Adventurer

Nice idea clockpunk, very fitting with the theme.

I have ideas for a warmount, an O.C.C. to fit the season and has anyone created a new Metamorph form yet?

But I'm bad at translating my ideas into usable stats :( . If anyone could help, I will glady write a backstory for any of your ideas, if needed, as payment. :?

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

89er wrote:
Nice idea clockpunk, very fitting with the theme.

I have ideas for a warmount, an O.C.C. to fit the season and has anyone created a new Metamorph form yet?

But I'm bad at translating my ideas into usable stats :( . If anyone could help, I will glady write a backstory for any of your ideas, if needed, as payment. :?

I'll help to assist, send whatever you have.

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Adventurer

Hello fellow Splicers, I have a dilemma. I have an O.C.C. idea based on all hallows eve, but I have two ways of doing it:

First: It would be a Splicers version of the Green Goblin, only with a more Halloween theme. It would have a Jack-O-Lantern head that breathes fire, an organic glider called a Gargoyle, which acts as transportation and storage for the tricks. Said tricks include pumpkin bombs, gobwebs= crystallizing goop, razor wings, and other Halloween-themed biotech.

Second: It would revolve around a Splicers Headless Horseman; only the rider is fused to the mega-horse’s body. The brain could be in the horse’s body, allowing for the “rider’s” head to be a regenerating, pumpkin bomb.

I feel myself more attracted to the first, but voice your opinions and ideas to improve them.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:15 pm

Adventurer

i would say the first one 89er sounds kinda neat but not sure what you would call it dont think it can be called a green goblin

next a question im working on a war mount and had a question if it had horn defense would that go under the bio weapons system section
or does it just go in the discription at the begining ?

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 am

Wanderer

Thanks for the kind words, fellas. Glad you like the Salsivore - I tried to tailor it specifically for the Unleashed! theme. Jazzed up for a little bit of additional horror play, of course. ;)

Guy - I always did like your Limnivore metabolism - fully intend to use it in a future game - glad to see it again!

I truly hope the Sourcebook adds a few metabolisms (would you be open for submissions?) - or perhaps an additional Rifter piece could be cobbled together...? That is, if most of the competition entries can't be turned into a good big article in itself, of course - which is something I truly hope may happen.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Champion

Comment: Court of Tarot author
I am wondering if some things have already been covered. I read the Splicers RPG book and some of the Rifter articles, but I don't have them all. I am thinking about a submission that deals with bio-engineering on the cellular-microscopic level. I am also kicking around the concept of a new religious cult. Have either of these topics yet been explored in any canon or non-canon materials?

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:30 am

Adventurer

dont think those things have been covered in any book i have

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:21 am

Palladin

religious cult sounds kinda similar to some stuff that i've heard about, but not read. i could be wrong though.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:19 am

Adventurer

ok my submission is up and i really want to thank nmi and 89er or there help on this one
but i thought a smaller turtle war mount was a cool idea and see these things used as
a first wave to soften up the enemy line before the krakens come in

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:59 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
I'm going to be posting a warmount this weekend.

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:
The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Champion

Okay, I typed a first draft of my first submission last night. I have decided to blatantly exploit some of the vagueness in the rules wording about what we are supposed to submit.

The rules read...
Quote:
You can write up any wicked design of biotechnology rather it be... All write-ups will require completed stats and a well-written description on the design and how it operates and the incorporation of the dark mysterious Krakens unleashing your creation(s) as part of the introduction to the shorelines and where they went, infiltrated or rampaged from there.

It does not say that the has to be an item, just a design of biotechnology and a creation which can be carried by a Kraken. I am working on a sociological creation, a concept which is being exported by the new Great House. Specifically, it is a new social movement in the Splicers world; part political, part religious, and part new alignment.

The catch is this -- without being given massive spoilers, I have no way of knowing if this creation is compatible with the motives and philosophies of the new Great House. It's sort of a gamble, I admit. If the judges have problem with this, someone please let me know now before I sink too much more time into the entry.

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:06 am

Wanderer

There's some nice ideas flowing! Keep up the good work, everyone!

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:45 pm

Champion

First draft --> bio-link.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 pm

Lord Z wrote:
First draft --> bio-link.

Very impressive read there Lord Z. I was hesistant on the cult thing at first but you have such a great foundation here and it opens up doors for the Dark House's infrastructure & society, even if the Soothsayers are a segment of the House it is still a very intriguing facet to ponder. There are several other Great Houses that will also have a cultist or reigious direction on things, Great House Charlemagne will certainly illustrate this. So I say go for it, if it's voted it will certainly open up some interesting concepts & debates among the Resistance!

Just for clarity however, the winning entries most likely wont end up in a sourcebook though a Rifter article is a possibility. It all depends on how good the material is and what Kevin says about the results. I would also like to say, If anyone wants there personal material to be in a future sourcebook of any setting, then it is not recommended to post your criteria here for public view. Material for a Rifters issue is OK.

Keep the awesome entries coming!

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Champion

Thank you for that clarification, Premier. The sourcebook reference was my mistake. I'll correct that wherever I've mentioned it elsewhere.

I am pleased to know that I am probably not creating an blatant contradictions with other materials.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:42 am

Lord Z wrote:
Thank you for that clarification, Premier. The sourcebook reference was my mistake. I'll correct that wherever I've mentioned it elsewhere.

I am pleased to know that I am probably not creating an blatant contradictions with other materials.

Oh By all means you are good to go in my book and its great to see such awesome ideas coming forth from everyone! I am already seeing visions of these concepts! Keep em coming! BTW, don't forget you guys/gals can enter up to three so go for broke!
:D

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:47 am

When is the deadline?

Ninjabunny wrote:
You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:51 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

The Galactus Kid wrote:
When is the deadline?

Deadline for entries is Sept. 30. Get to work, GK! :D

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:53 am

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
When is the deadline?

hahaha. I'm all over this, man.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:09 am

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:
When is the deadline?

hahaha. I'm all over this, man.

We expect nothing less :D
I can only imagine whats brewing...

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:30 pm

So far we have (8) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray thus far.

Summary:

Clockpunk – (1) Salsivore Host Armor

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnbivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Quantum07- (1) Ragdoll OCC

Kevarin - (1) Iron Shell Warmount

Snake Eyes - (1) Nautilus Trooper OCC

89er – (1) Akhult Warmount

Krispy – (1) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor

Hellbound of SLB - (1) Nightmares Biotics

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person, and PLEASE POLISH (Complete) what you need to for the next phase of marketing them. I know a few of you are still fine tuning your entries and that is great. I just want to make sure that this first Splicers Unleashed takes off like it should as Unleashed will be an event in SPLICERS that will surely be talked about for along time to come.

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:35 pm

OK Splice Heads, we have just stumbled acrossed the half way mark for this first deadline. We have (9) AWESOME Ideas/Entries thus far, but lets get the rest of the Entries flowing in soon. Also, for those of you who have several avaialble Entry slots left over, I advise you to fill em as a storm is coming!!!

BY the Way, I may be introducing a NEW Guest Artist on board for this Contest and SHE is AWESOME!!!! So bring your A-GAME ENTRIES as this "might" open possible slots for more than just 3 winners.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 am

Hey Hellbound to SLB

Re: The Nightmares
Quote:
Dragon/lizardman role Heavy combat
Bonuses: +2d6x10mdc, +1initiative and perception, +3 strike with either range or melee and parry, +4d6 supernatural STR and PE(yes not splicer scared heck out of Grendal pilot), Bio mod Combat tail. additional skill package per role support man or weapons training with no restrictions. Note since This nightmare is not a mammal it can touch metal and use machine weaponry ( give a different twist and allow allies/help for TJ's)"

Please note:
Splicers Sourcebook Pg. 13
Quote:
“Likewise, intelligent beings who are not mammalian or similar organic life forms – i.e., silicon/rock or plant/vegetation beings- do not trigger the plague reaction and can use metal devices and salvaged metal weapons and parts. All others, however, including Deevils, demons, dragons, Faerie Folk, Lizard Men, Dog Boys, and most other flesh and blood beings will trigger the hostile response of the nanobot plague.”

So it would appear that the Dragon/lizard man/reptilian & Gargoyle Nightmares would also rigger the nanobot reaction. Only the insectoids like the Xiticix would have a “delayed” trigger time with the nanobot plague. Pretty much if its made of flesh & blood and not a TJ, Juicer or Crazy it will trigger the Nanobot plague. Sorry. :-(

Last edited by Premier on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 am

Hey Splice-heads!
I just wanted to say that just because the Dark House is utilizing the fleet of Krakens doesn’t mean their Biotech needs to be aquatic based. The Krakens are just the means in which they deploy the various infantry, Warmounts, etc. The Dark House is releasing these Biotech designs during a very bad & abnormal winter storm, which is going to allow them to cement some nice sized forces onto land as the weather is going to challenge the Machines.

So feel free to design & utilize what you see fit. BTW, Really loving ALL of the ideas you guys are creating, just wanted to make sure no one was limiting themselves.

Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:45 pm

Champion

Thank you for the reminders, Capital P!

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 am

Dungeon Crawler

Sorry premier didn't read the crossing dimension thing.

Went off information on page 11 under game mechanics for handling nanobot plague.
it does not say all organic material but specifically states mammals.

However even reading what you list can be understood several different ways especially coming from palladium where common sense is not common.
in the third paragraph after the note about bio-systems ...likewise intellegent beings who are not mammalian or similar organic life forms - ie silicon/rock or plant vegetation beings do not trigger the plaque reaction...

one could argue that palladium considers all those beings listed are considered mammal since in none of their books indicate they must act like cold blooded reptiles and spend several hours sunning themselves to get warm or other such habits of coldblooded reptiles.

Either way I will remove the part about mammal being the reason I will list such alien dna as to not be recognized by the plague or a new masking ability discovered by this house for the nightmares only. will that be suffice for the description?

hb

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Hellbound of SLB wrote:
Sorry premier didn't read the crossing dimension thing.

Went off information on page 11 under game mechanics for handling nanobot plague.
it does not say all organic material but specifically states mammals.

However even reading what you list can be understood several different ways especially coming from palladium where common sense is not common.
in the third paragraph after the note about bio-systems ...likewise intellegent beings who are not mammalian or similar organic life forms - ie silicon/rock or plant vegetation beings do not trigger the plaque reaction...

one could argue that palladium considers all those beings listed are considered mammal since in none of their books indicate they must act like cold blooded reptiles and spend several hours sunning themselves to get warm or other such habits of coldblooded reptiles.

Either way I will remove the part about mammal being the reason I will list such alien dna as to not be recognized by the plague or a new masking ability discovered by this house for the nightmares only. will that be suffice for the description?

hb

Ah…I no problem HB

I can understand, especially if you haven’t read the Pg 13 section.

However, I must respectfully disagree as to how Pg 13 could be misinterpreted as to only refer to mammalians as it clearly states “Dragons”, “Lizard Folk”, “demons”, and “most other flesh and blood beings will trigger the hostile response.” I wouldn’t insinuate or suggest anyone assume that any of the creatures listed above, have to sun themselves or conduct other common cold blooded activities to still be considered susceptible to the nanobot plague. I haven't read any information dictating that being cold blooded or warm blooded has anything to do with being vulnerable to the Nanoplague. More so that the morphology of a being "consisting of flesh & blood" as Pg.13 states.

On Pg. 10 it also states:

“Even using thick gloves and insulation, like ceramic handles or plastic tongs, to prevent direct contact has proven to be only partial effective, approximately doubling the time before the plague response occurs. The nanobots seem to be smart enough, if that is the word for it, to detect nay such methods of indirect contact and still respond by attacking humans. The plague has thwarted all attempts by humanity to reuse any of the machines technology and components.”

This is a good indication that even using insulations to mask yourself, only delay the plague’s hostile response, they don’t block it nor stop it. The reason I am keen on this aspect is because “if” this were to be allotted, then WE should intelligently go back & ask ourselves, why does Host Armor or Warmount (reptilian, biotech alien, insectivore, etc.) contact activate the nanobot plague?

“if” this were the case then it would be quite easy for Librarians to simply make Everything Insectivore, cold-blooded, etc. to negate the nanobot response and fight the Machine or use Machine technology at will. I am quite sure however that the Zephyr Warmount, Swarmlords & their insects, or even the Gardener are ALL susceptible to the nanobot plague. There is clear emphasis on Technojackers, juicers & Crazies being the only exception immune for this setting and it’s with good reason and sacrifice. So if a Nightmare Biotic were to get this immunity, plus beginning Bio-enhancements, plus a good load of Bio-E to spend, then at what healthy cost/sacrifice is it to a Nightmare if they get access to both - Machine tech and Biotech?

See if we state that this (Librarian produced) masking ability or strange derelict DNA is only for Nightmares, well that’s all good for what, several months, before blood samples are unwillingly obtained in the field by other Great Houses and reverse engineered and then re-produced by rival Librarians. The next thing you know the nanobot plague challenge has been solved or nearly dismissed by the Splicers militia as everyone will just say I am getting the nanobot mask enhancement or my new Warmount or Biotic design has the Nightmare mask or better yet, I can easily hear it being said, this is the NEWEST version of the Nanobot Mask that supercedes the original Nightmare’s Mask ability. I have watched & learned way too often that if you give an inch on MAJOR parts of a game’s mechanics, it will end up a mile later on.

Fortunately, this is only my 2 cents and in the end it’s up to you all and what everyone decides and votes on. I say submit it as you see fit and if it is voted on then it is and if it wins, hey it will be one of the newest crazes in the setting.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Lord Z wrote:
Thank you for the reminders, Capital P!

:D No problem Capital L or would it be Z?
BTW, how goes the new religion concept? Will there be missionaries, ceremonies, New O.C.C.s/R.C.C.s, Biotech, Warmounts that go along with it? Interested minds want to know...

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:00 am

Dungeon Crawler

Ah…I no problem HB

I can understand, especially if you haven’t read the Pg 13 section.

In fact I was keeping splicers out of the megaverse so I didn't read any of the sections on alternate characters. Its seems I should now.

However, I must respectfully disagree as to how Pg 13 could be misinterpreted as to only refer to mammalians as it clearly states “Dragons”, “Lizard Folk”, “demons”, and “most other flesh and blood beings will trigger the hostile response.” I wouldn’t insinuate or suggest anyone assume that any of the creatures listed above, have to sun themselves or conduct other common cold blooded activities to still be considered susceptible to the nanobot plague. I haven't read any information dictating that being cold blooded or warm blooded has anything to do with being vulnerable to the Nanoplague. More so that the morphology of a being "consisting of flesh & blood" as Pg.13 states.

Ok this one you are not seeing what I am trying to say and I don't care enough to explain what I am trying to say because in the end there are simpler ways to explain what I am trying to do.

On Pg. 10 it also states:
“Even using thick gloves and insulation, like ceramic handles or plastic tongs, to prevent direct contact has proven to be only partial effective, approximately doubling the time before the plague response occurs. The nanobots seem to be smart enough, if that is the word for it, to detect nay such methods of indirect contact and still respond by attacking humans. The plague has thwarted all attempts by humanity to reuse any of the machines technology and components.”

I agree and this seems to be more about semantics where you and I see things technically the new house has created a new species that can use tech and humanity still can't and as with any living thing can you trust it to do what you want or can/will it go its own way when given an opportunity.

This is a good indication that even using insulations to mask yourself, only delay the plague’s hostile response, they don’t block it nor stop it. The reason I am keen on this aspect is because “if” this were to be allotted, then WE should intelligently go back & ask ourselves, why does Host Armor or Warmount (reptilian, biotech alien, insectivore, etc.) contact activate the nanobot plague?

For all we know it originally didn't but over time the plaque adapted. Also could be that something in the control interface carries a pilots dna and that is what the plague is responding to. I personally think the writers came up with an interesting idea but didn't fully flesh it out(pun intended :D ) to explore how things will work and just used a general blanket on it but once again that is my opinion.

“if” this were the case then it would be quite easy for Librarians to simply make Everything Insectivore, cold-blooded, etc. to negate the nanobot response and fight the Machine or use Machine technology at will. I am quite sure however that the Zephyr Warmount, Swarmlords & their insects, or even the Gardener are ALL susceptible to the nanobot plague.

I agree with what you are saying and one of the reasons I wonder how the plague works. the moment you throw in alien dna how can it recognize all those variations? and if you are looking for any answer which could be very interesting to play out. Since we don't know how biotech was developed some even think it was a gift from one of the personalities of nexus it could very well be another control device by nexus. You can manipulate and control humans through their reliance on biotech and control their numbers. The more I think about this the more it reminds me of a manga Grey digital target. The machine can communicate to the librarians and have them guide the humans and the so called meglo librarians are the ones who break the control and help the humans for real...hhhmm gonna think about this some more.

There is clear emphasis on Technojackers, juicers & Crazies being the only exception immune for this setting and it’s with good reason and sacrifice. So if a Nightmare Biotic were to get this immunity, plus beginning Bio-enhancements, plus a good load of Bio-E to spend, then at what healthy cost/sacrifice is it to a Nightmare if they get access to both - Machine tech and Biotech?

WOW juicers and crazies are Immune I really need to read those other section I can't think of any reason why they would be. Not sure what you mean by healthy cost/sacrifice but I will assume you mean what disadvantages befall them. Well besides the fact they are treated like a technojacker and hated and feared because the can use tech possibly even by their own packmates(closest thing to family) which compiled by the fact that they are assuming the role of a biotic and are treated as so much cannon fodder yet they are not even second class citizens since they are not even human at least a gorehound can get affection from its master. Then there is the mental maturity factor as a teenager you either want your parents approval or you don't so loyalty will vary from each the only thing that can be relied apon is the fact that they are highly aggressive and like to fight so should they rebel or run you know they are still going to do damage where ever they go.
in game terms if they break from their house they will most likely never be accepted into any other house since they are not human a possible loose cannon(powerful loose cannon) so if a gm doesn't want to include my genetic mutation then the character while powerful to begin with never advances outside of skills their power is set. And to be honest I never intended them to be played they where designed to be powerful shock troops to fight Pc's in HA and warmounts.

See if we state that this (Librarian produced) masking ability or strange derelict DNA is only for Nightmares, well that’s all good for what, several months, before blood samples are unwillingly obtained in the field by other Great Houses and reverse engineered and then re-produced by rival Librarians. The next thing you know the nanobot plague challenge has been solved or nearly dismissed by the Splicers militia as everyone will just say I am getting the nanobot mask enhancement or my new Warmount or Biotic design has the Nightmare mask or better yet, I can easily hear it being said, this is the NEWEST version of the Nanobot Mask that supercedes the original Nightmare’s Mask ability. I have watched & learned way too often that if you give an inch on MAJOR parts of a game’s mechanics, it will end up a mile later on.

Yes I agree with you it can wind up a mile or even two later on but this is palladium it is not like it has happened before. and it all comes down to the GM allowing thing to progress further.
all I can give are possible options to GMs to stop said activity. I already made there genetic dna unreadable/usable should they die or even bleed that what has left the body goes inert goo. also since this house is sporting a whole lot of new biotech never before seen you can proclaim that their librarians are smarter and their designs cannot be re- engineered or have an additional strand of dna that is specifically designed to kill other librarians,engineers etc when ingested after losing several such assets I am sure many houses will quit trying. The biggest help I can offer is what I have already done and that is to state it is limited only to this type of bio-construct other wise all nightmares would have it as you implied but only these two are the only viable genetic codes out of the billions zillions out there. As stated I gives a new twist to things and gives allies to technojackers which is the primary reason I did this for my games I can fully see this as being an issue some GM don't want and as palladium says take what you like leave what you don't

Fortunately, this is only my 2 cents and in the end it’s up to you all and what everyone decides and votes on. I say submit it as you see fit and if it is voted on then it is and if it wins, hey it will be one of the newest crazes in the setting.[/quote]

While it may be just your 2 cents it does have a great deal of weight with me you have shown a vast knowledge of the subject and the rare ability to discuss with out degrading into something much less beneficial.

HB

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:01 am

Dungeon Crawler

how do you quote?
I just seem to copy and everything just becomes jumbled :x :x :x :x :x :badbad:

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:03 am

Palladin

Code:
there's a quote button ................................................................................................above this

Hellbound of SLB wrote:
how do you quote?
I just seem to copy and everything just becomes jumbled :x :x :x :x :x :badbad:

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:15 am

So far we have (13) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray now. 3 days left to get those Entries in!!! NIMI? GK? Anyone else getting in might want to make a move...

Current Entry Summary:

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Kevarin - (3) Iron Shell Warmount, Sea Devil OCC & Maelstrom Warmount

Krispy – (2) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor & Mourning Star Warmount

Hellbound of SLB - (2) Nightmares Biotics & Casper Warmount

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person! Good cranking Kevarin, Guy, HB & Krispy!!

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am

I have 3 days left? Awesome. Thats like 2 more days of procrastination.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Palladin

i keep getting urges to design weapons that essentially fire spikes which inject 2 different chemicals into the target which react chemically and release out metallic compounds... the concept being that against human targets you're going to trigger a nanoplague response internally, while against machine targets you potentially make electrical connections that simply weren't meant to be... just never seem to actually get around to doing it. it does seem like it would be the kind of weapon that would scare the crap outta the resistance though, because nothing says bad news like having nanoplague responses inside your body. sadly, i haven't come up with a name for it yet.

(i also wanted to do something similar with combining tendril injectors and spike launchers... but never got around to that either =S)

still, i've got 3 days to put more down than that :P

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Adventurer

just a silly question but can omega cannons and light cell lasers work under water and if so what kinda range would they get ?

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:49 pm

Hero

Comment: Luck favors the prepared
Premier wrote:
So far we have (13) AWESOME Entries entered into the fray now. 3 days left to get those Entries in!!! NIMI? GK? Anyone else getting in might want to make a move...

Current Entry Summary:

Guy Ledouche – (2) Limnivore Host Armor & Piscivore Host Armor

Kevarin - (3) Iron Shell Warmount, Sea Devil OCC & Maelstrom Warmount

Krispy – (2) Template Piranha/Barracuda Host Armor & Mourning Star Warmount

Hellbound of SLB - (2) Nightmares Biotics & Casper Warmount

PLEASE... keep them coming as you all have up to (3) Entries per person! Good cranking Kevarin, Guy, HB & Krispy!!

hi Premier, i hope you dont forget my Croshak WM. :-)

i have a forth idea to put to the comp but i will post it on the splicers thread hopefully in the next couple of weeks

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Adventurer

krispy wrote:

i have a forth idea to put to the comp but i will post it on the splicers thread hopefully in the next couple of weeks

hey Krispy like you i got my three ideas in and still had a few more running around in my head so started another thread for them hope to see your stuff in there soon.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 am

Hero

kevarin wrote:
hey Krispy like you i got my three ideas in and still had a few more running around in my head so started another thread for them hope to see your stuff in there soon.

great idea starting this new thread, but alas, im sorry mate but it will be a couple of weeks before i have the time put enough material towards my ideas & post them... its a good thing to be really busy! isnt it?? :?

hopefully i will get a couple more ideas in this time and a free weekend

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:37 pm

Wanderer

Some very nice entries, fellas! I *do* like the Mourning Stars. Right, I'm working on my 2nd submission. ;)

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Wanderer

Bugger. I misread the 'rules' post - and thought it said 31st October, for some reason :( Hell's Horses - I *had* revised my biotech rxplosives and posted them, but removed them upon seeing I had a few weeks (I believed) to write up a sea-horse inspired Mount.

I am so annoyed at my own stupidity. Sorry guys. :(

But hey! There's been a very nice mix in the kind of material submitted, which is really great! :D

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:47 pm

clockpunk wrote:
Bugger. I misread the 'rules' post - and thought it said 31st October, for some reason :( Hell's Horses - I *had* revised my biotech rxplosives and posted them, but removed them upon seeing I had a few weeks (I believed) to write up a sea-horse inspired Mount.

I am so annoyed at my own stupidity. Sorry guys. :(

But hey! There's been a very nice mix in the kind of material submitted, which is really great! :D

Agreed. It is a really good mix.

Also, nothing is preventing us from posting our new creations and getting feedback on the forums.

Ninjabunny wrote:

Marrowlight wrote:

ALAshbaugh wrote:
Because DINOSAURS.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Champion

I missed the deadline myself with a new set of rules for germ vs. nanite combat. It probably wasn't best suited for the first Unleashed challenge anyway. Who knows -- maybe the unannounced third challenge would be appropriate for these extra submissions that were not ready.

G-Kid, I for one am looking forward to seeing your new robotics.

I just skimmed the Lusca War Mount entry. Props to Brian for using the name of an obscure mythical sea creature!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Hero

clockpunk wrote:
Some very nice entries, fellas! I *do* like the Mourning Stars. Right, I'm working on my 2nd submission. ;)

thanks mate.

The idea just hit me that night i posted it, inspired by a large male echidna as big as a basketball, that used to live in my back yard (i havent seen him in a couple of years) if i got to close he would dig into the gound a little and splay out his spikes.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Champion

Krispy, did you get any photos of that echidna?

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Hero

Lord Z wrote:
Krispy, did you get any photos of that echidna?

i didnt actually, but now that you mention it i think my parents did... ill do some investigation

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:46 am

Champion

Update! Voting begins on October 11th. Thanks for the clarification, Premier.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Champion

I will have to read through the choices again before I decide. For my first vote, I am leaning towards the Salisvore Digestive System. It's a short and simple submission, but that is what I like about it. Here we have a very useful idea, well executed, with applications in a wide range of other bio-constructs. I am not sure about the feasibility of it bio-mechanically (I really don't know if an organism could theoretically live on just salt), but I am sure that it fits the theme of the violet wave perfectly.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:13 pm

D-Bee

Lord Z wrote:
I missed the deadline myself with a new set of rules for germ vs. nanite combat. It probably wasn't best suited for the first Unleashed challenge anyway. Who knows -- maybe the unannounced third challenge would be appropriate for these extra submissions that were not ready.

G-Kid, I for one am looking forward to seeing your new robotics.

I just skimmed the Lusca War Mount entry. Props to Brian for using the name of an obscure mythical sea creature!

Thanks for the props Lord Z, I think it was either that or some obscure Greek God of water. Personally I like the Lusca (going off the them of the Kraken), it sounds better; even though it's really a support vessel. Which reminds me I should write up some of my other ideas I had somewhere (The original post-its had 5 other ideas).

- Nuke