A new resurrected mecha RPG for a new resurrected mecha game

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

A new resurrected mecha RPG for a new resurrected mecha game

Unread post by slade the sniper »

So, seeing as how Palladium has had some luck in making licensed games about high speed mecha, imported from Japan, and having already existing tie in's with games and art books...

If anyone could perhaps see if anyone at Palladium (cough, KS, cough) would at least look at the new "Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon" trailer and at least see if they might be interested in an RPG to go along with their long running mecha games.

The games are huge, have a lot of world building potential, and a built in audience. Plus, AC doesn't really fit the aesthetic of big stompy robots (BattleTech) or character focused anime (most other games), but it does fit the aesthetic of lone heroes and mercenary companies and big battles that Palladium (Robotech and Rifts) does so very well.

Anyway, just a thought.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
DairuggerXV
D-Bee

Re: A new resurrected mecha RPG for a new resurrected mecha

Unread post by DairuggerXV »

Eh, you'd have better luck convincing them to produce their own mecha RPG. However, given how well that went over the first time the Robotech license was lost...
Trust but verify.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: A new resurrected mecha RPG for a new resurrected mecha

Unread post by NMI »

slade the sniper wrote:So, seeing as how Palladium has had some luck in making licensed games about high speed mecha, imported from Japan, and having already existing tie in's with games and art books...

If anyone could perhaps see if anyone at Palladium (cough, KS, cough) would at least look at the new "Armored Core VI Fires of Rubicon" trailer and at least see if they might be interested in an RPG to go along with their long running mecha games.

The games are huge, have a lot of world building potential, and a built in audience. Plus, AC doesn't really fit the aesthetic of big stompy robots (BattleTech) or character focused anime (most other games), but it does fit the aesthetic of lone heroes and mercenary companies and big battles that Palladium (Robotech and Rifts) does so very well.

Anyway, just a thought.

-STS
You could always mail the office with your suggestion. Provide links, etc..
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”