Chris Meadow, of 90s Robotech fandom, has passed away.

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Chris Meadow, of 90s Robotech fandom, has passed away.

Unread post by thorr-kan »

It is with a great deal of regret that I'm the one to announce Chris Meadows, an active member of 90s Robotech fandom has passed away due to complications from a hit-and-run. If you never got a chance to interact with Chris or read his fan fiction, you missed out. I cannot claim we were friends, but I by-God loved reading his work.

Death announcement:
https://teleread.org/2020/10/14/r-i-p-c ... -his-life/

Original posting: https://teleread.org/2020/10/09/telerea ... -accident/
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Re: Chris Meadow, of 90s Robotech fandom, has passed away.

Unread post by tobefrnk »

I’ve never met him, but his fan work was inspiring to me. A sad loss.
torjones
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by torjones »

thorr-kan wrote:It is with a great deal of regret that I'm the one to announce Chris Meadows, an active member of 90s Robotech fandom has passed away due to complications from a hit-and-run. If you never got a chance to interact with Chris or read his fan fiction, you missed out. I cannot claim we were friends, but I by-God loved reading his work.

That is most unfortunate. I don't know his author handle, so I don't know if I've read it, can you share? I'd like to see what he wrote, even if I can't tell the author how I find his writing any more. I'm kinda used to that since most of the authors I read are also, sadly, long dead.

May The Force be with you always.
Torrey
ESalter
Adventurer

Unread post by ESalter »

torjones wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:It is with a great deal of regret that I'm the one to announce Chris Meadows, an active member of 90s Robotech fandom has passed away due to complications from a hit-and-run. If you never got a chance to interact with Chris or read his fan fiction, you missed out. I cannot claim we were friends, but I by-God loved reading his work.

That is most unfortunate. I don't know his author handle, so I don't know if I've read it, can you share? I'd like to see what he wrote, even if I can't tell the author how I find his writing any more. I'm kinda used to that since most of the authors I read are also, sadly, long dead.

I've encountered his work from time to time.
He wrote a treatment of the Cyclones from the old Robotech movie.
He wrote several articles on early electronic fiction.
Here's an old home page, with a link to some of his fiction. (He might have more recent fiction.)
He wrote many posts on Tor's website.
torjones
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by torjones »

ESalter wrote:
torjones wrote:

I've encountered his work from time to time.
Here's an old home page, with a link to some of his fiction. (He might have more recent fiction.)

Ah yes, Undocumented Features. I remember reading that WAY back when. and yes, I've got his write ups from the defunct steel falcon site. It was good stuff.

May The Force be with you always.
Torrey
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I just saw this, and hate to see it. I didn't know Chris myself, but had some interactions with him over the years, and had the great enjoyment of reading his fiction. Never good to lose a good guy.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

RockJock wrote:I just saw this, and hate to see it. I didn't know Chris myself, but had some interactions with him over the years, and had the great enjoyment of reading his fiction. Never good to lose a good guy.

I'm very sorry to see this news. :( My condolences to his family and friends.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”