Need help

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

boxee
Hero

Need help

Unread post by boxee »

Anyone else think Zentraedi full sized should do more damage with their hand to hand attacks. If this has been asked please kindly direct me to the page.
Thank you all my friends.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Need help

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Though it's probably worth asking why you think their damage output seems weak? Is it something from the show? Just their raw size? And which edition because the two editions take different approaches and end up different values.

The reality is that the Giant Zentreadi (in 2E) actually damage above their PS class due to a note on pg210 of the Manga-size Macross Saga Source Book that says to use the Robotic Strength Table AND to double the damage. The result is that in terms of melee damage, a giant Zentreadi doesn't fall behind human mecha in terms of unarmed melee damage. Breetai in this edition can punch with the MD force of a mid-grade Mini-Missile at minimum, possibly even going into the higher-end Mini-Missile. Other Zentreadi castes are as I've said comparable.

Now if you are talking about the giant Zentreadi in 1E, yeah they seem to do pitiful amounts of damage (PS/4 = #MD points rounding down, PS is in micronized form). So here they trade a random roll for a fixed damage amount, which is usually closer to the minimum damage on human mecha (exempting Cyclone) than the average roll unless you have a lot of PS (16+).
boxee
Hero

Re: Need help

Unread post by boxee »

yea the damage is odd for something with 2,600 strength

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”