Most awesome cyberknight races

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Temporalmage
Hero

Re: Most awesome cyberknight races

Unread post by Temporalmage »

rahu-man
http://world8.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=190003553
And TemporalMage went to the last page, Refusing to follow the trend." Ode to the Teleport Thread by The Fifth Business
And remember, "Book, Page number, and Quote", not, "Proclaim, Posture, and Belittle all those who think otherwise". Dead Boy
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Quick Flex
Human!!! (Native American specifically)
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Achilles Neo-Human would be really good with their healing abilities and other powers even if they are frozen from being a split class.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Snelling Spinne, the extra arms, special abilities and combat abilities.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

I rolled up a Feral Dogboy Boxer Cyber Knight from the Lone Star book. By fourth or fifth level they have near Juicer like strike parry and dodge bonuses. The psionics are a decent edge as well. I don't think it is over the top but pretty capable and diverse. Yes I threw in some of the random traits from the random tables in Pages 68 through like 72 I believe.

Not a bad character with a nice background.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Flooper.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Killer Cyborg wrote:Flooper.

Alas, no longer allowed
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

rat_bastard wrote:

Alas, no longer allowed

Well, floop them anyway.

Shaper, then.
:p

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Killer Cyborg wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:

Alas, no longer allowed

Well, floop them anyway.

Shaper, then.
:p

I had this idea of writing a story about a grizzled Flooper detective in Lazlo's floopertown district, and including the joke where the word "floop" can be replaced with nearly any curse or verb as a joke, but then I decided I could not show it to anyone decent.

still I have the phrase "She was the kind of floopette you wanted to floop till your legs give out." stuck in my head ever since I had the idea...
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

Since I am not a decent person by some people's standards. Hand over the fiction Ill-legitimate Rodent or I will have to sick a leather clad Amazonian Mystic-knight on your character. :eek:

Still I would think that a true Shemarrian* Cyber Knight would be cool.

*A real living one not Archie's copies.
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Asgardian High Elf.
Demi-god.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
livewire
Wanderer

Unread post by livewire »

Rogue_Scientist wrote:I played with a guy who was an Asgardian High Elf Cyber Knight once!

I gotta go with plain old human here, from a non-munchy standpoint.

I kind of like the more powerful psionic CKs, myself. I think psionics compliment their other powers well. Tattoos are always nice, but with the double cost for non t-men, they can be hard to use. They up PPE for TW weapons, though, which is handy.

~RS

use a true atlantean then the tattoos don't cost double and you get extra lang. and stuff as well.
not munchy but well balanced and highly capable

as well as living 500+ years
the world would be a better place if more people played rpg's lol
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

livewire wrote:use a true atlantean then the tattoos don't cost double and you get extra lang. and stuff as well.
not munchy but well balanced and highly capable

as well as living 500+ years

Tattoos still take twice PPE for True Atlantean Cyber-Knights. They're only normal cost for T-men.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
AzathothXy
Adventurer

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Minotaur.
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Vrykolas2k
Champion

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:True Atlantean and Quik-Flex.

I thought Quick-flex couldn't have psionics...?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Vrykolas2k wrote:I thought Quick-flex couldn't have psionics...?

Since they have rules for non-Psychic Cyber-knights who just end up getting the Psi-Sword and other base abilities I think they would be able to take that.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Daniel Stoker wrote:

Since they have rules for non-Psychic Cyber-knights who just end up getting the Psi-Sword and other base abilities I think they would be able to take that.

Daniel Stoker

I know of the rules, but are those rules trumped by the fact that certain races can't develop psionics?
Such as a psi-sword and psi-shield...
I've always played it as racial limitations trump OCC abilities...

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

I know of the rules, but are those rules trumped by the fact that certain races can't develop psionics?

I've always played that non-psionic CKs just don't get the psi-powers.

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Shadow Pantheon Demi-God...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Library Ogre

Vrykolas2k wrote:I know of the rules, but are those rules trumped by the fact that certain races can't develop psionics?

That is how I would play it. If you can't get psionics, then you can't get psionics just because your OCC gives them, without the OCC involving surgery.

However, I could see a Cyber-knight Auxillary... those who cannot make the psi-sword because of racial restrictions, but are Cyber-knights nonetheless. They may have additional cybernetics to help out with their missions, or other such devices.

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Mark Hall wrote:Tattoos still take twice PPE for True Atlantean Cyber-Knights. They're only normal cost for T-men.

If that's true, than the average True Atlantean, with only the 2 Marks of Heritage, barely has enough PPE to use the flaming sword, and doesn't have enough to use Protection from Vampires.

Since giving a character unusable powers is stupid, tattoos should only cost True Atlanteans the normal price in PPE.

edit: there are a couple of non-psionic races that have been shown as cyber-knights, like a Yeno; he got the psi-sword, but nothing else in terms of psi-powers.
Last edited by Talavar on Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

Cyber Knights SB speically says that Lord Coake has no pscionics and he gets the psi sword and the other base powers and there is section disusiing similar charecters
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Sgtball wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:Snelling Spinne, the extra arms, special abilities and combat abilities.

What book is this race in? I've rolled up a Dogboy everything I think now because of the bonuses and sense the supernatural powers.

D-bees of North America. great race.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Kildred for the win. :D
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

D'norr Devilmen (just for the look)
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Talavar wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Tattoos still take twice PPE for True Atlantean Cyber-Knights. They're only normal cost for T-men.

If that's true, than the average True Atlantean, with only the 2 Marks of Heritage, barely has enough PPE to use the flaming sword, and doesn't have enough to use Protection from Vampires.

Since giving a character unusable powers is stupid, tattoos should only cost True Atlanteans the normal price in PPE.

edit: there are a couple of non-psionic races that have been shown as cyber-knights, like a Yeno; he got the psi-sword, but nothing else in terms of psi-powers.

Only magicians pay twice as much for magic tattoos and arrow tattoos cost twice as much unless you have 6 of them.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Library Ogre

runebeo wrote:
Talavar wrote:

Only magicians pay twice as much for magic tattoos and arrow tattoos cost twice as much unless you have 6 of them.

Rifts Atlantis, Seventh Printing (January 2001), page 85. "It costs double P.P.E. to activate a tattoo for those who are not full Tattooed Men. A T-man will have a dozen or more 'toos. However, wizards, cyber-knights, and virtually any human, ogre or elf can receive and use magic tattoos. However, these novice tattoo users are NOT limited to the use of tattoos alone and pay the penalty of needing to expend twice the usual amount of P.P.E. in order to activate them."

There is no exception in the tattoo section for True Atlanteans.

All Palladium Articles
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Achilles Neo-Human. There is one in our current Minion War series.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
livewire
Wanderer

Mark Hall wrote:
runebeo wrote:
Talavar wrote:

Rifts Atlantis, Seventh Printing (January 2001), page 85. "It costs double P.P.E. to activate a tattoo for those who are not full Tattooed Men. A T-man will have a dozen or more 'toos. However, wizards, cyber-knights, and virtually any human, ogre or elf can receive and use magic tattoos. However, these novice tattoo users are NOT limited to the use of tattoos alone and pay the penalty of needing to expend twice the usual amount of P.P.E. in order to activate them."

yes but if you read the TA race it says they know how to use the the marks of heritage and all magic tattoos. and in another section says All atlanteans are taught how to use magic tattoos. and as they are one of the few races that now how to give the tattoos i seriously doubt they would be in the novice catagory of tattoo users mentioned in this section. another reason i really doubt they would be novices to tattoo use is its practically a racial trait to have and use magic tattoos i think they just might know how to use them to their full effectiveness. and on your note of there is no exception for TA's it also does not mention them, it mentions all the other races that can recieve tattoos but not TA's could this mean that they are an exception to this?
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

livewire wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:
runebeo wrote:
Talavar wrote:

yes but if you read the TA race it says they know how to use the the marks of heritage and all magic tattoos. and in another section says All atlanteans are taught how to use magic tattoos. and as they are one of the few races that now how to give the tattoos i seriously doubt they would be in the novice catagory of tattoo users mentioned in this section. another reason i really doubt they would be novices to tattoo use is its practically a racial trait to have and use magic tattoos i think they just might know how to use them to their full effectiveness. and on your note of there is no exception for TA's it also does not mention them, it mentions all the other races that can recieve tattoos but not TA's could this mean that they are an exception to this?

Our group is not going by this errata, 3 members of our group have a magic horse tattoo that we been using for over 10 years and is our main way of travel. It cost 20 P.P.E. and now cost 40 none of them have more than 25 P.P.E. This errata should never been changed with how high tattoos cost to use in the first place and how hard it is to get them.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Mark Hall wrote:
runebeo wrote:
Talavar wrote:

So you're really arguing in favour of a rule that gives every average True Atlantean an unusable magic tattoo? That's some nice rules lawyering.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Rockwolf66 wrote:Since I am not a decent person by some people's standards. Hand over the fiction Ill-legitimate Rodent or I will have to sick a leather clad Amazonian Mystic-knight on your character. :eek:

They're all made by Archie.

filo_clarke wrote:Kildred for the win. :D

I was thinking these guys, and the Jeridu would be amongst the more annoying CKs.
Library Ogre

Talavar wrote:So you're really arguing in favour of a rule that gives every average True Atlantean an unusable magic tattoo? That's some nice rules lawyering.

That's reading the rules as written. There's never any indication that True Atlanteans have any special ability with tattoos. True Atlanteans, in the tattoos section, are designated as humans. Since all people who receive tattoos have to learn how to use them, noting that True Atlanteans are taught how means little... especially when you consider that 74% (or better) of True Atlanteans WILL have enough P.P.E., given their standard break-down of classes.

All Palladium Articles
Rockwolf66
Hero

The Beast wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:Since I am not a decent person by some people's standards. Hand over the fiction Ill-legitimate Rodent or I will have to sick a leather clad Amazonian Mystic-knight on your character. :eek:

He and Hagan had to have gotten the idea from someplace did they not?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
Library Ogre

Rockwolf66 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

So you're saying that Hagan, by all accounts a heterosexual human male, would have a problem coming up with "Hot Chicks with really big guns" on his own?

Do you know any heterosexual human males? :lol:

All Palladium Articles
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Rockwolf66 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

lol

Riight...
Because nobody would ever come up with the idea of a giant, green-haired, beautiful warrior-woman unless they've actually seen one.
:-D

But if you're right, then that means that Kevin Siembieda must have actually met a REAL Shemarrian, because he "created" them for Rifts, and "he had to have gotten the idea from someplace, did he not?"
Hell, I guess Splugorth, Glitterboys, and all the rest of Rifts stuff must be real too!!

I mean, it's impossible for a man to have an imagination; he has to actually have seen something in order to create it...

Library Ogre

Beat you by five minutes, KC. You're slipping. :lol:

All Palladium Articles
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Mark Hall wrote:
Talavar wrote:So you're really arguing in favour of a rule that gives every average True Atlantean an unusable magic tattoo? That's some nice rules lawyering.

That's reading the rules as written. There's never any indication that True Atlanteans have any special ability with tattoos. True Atlanteans, in the tattoos section, are designated as humans. Since all people who receive tattoos have to learn how to use them, noting that True Atlanteans are taught how means little... especially when you consider that 74% (or better) of True Atlanteans WILL have enough P.P.E., given their standard break-down of classes.

Here's some more rules lawyering:
The tats themselves each give a certain amount of PPE per tat.
So a cyber-knight who starts out with 30 PPE is probably going to be able to use the tats he's given, even though the cost is doubled.
Same goes for the Atlanteans.

LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Cutlass wrote:Human with Paratee symbiote.

I don't remember this symbiote, and don't have my books with me (I'm at work).

Is this in Atlantis, or Splynn or somewhere else?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Mark Hall wrote:That's reading the rules as written. There's never any indication that True Atlanteans have any special ability with tattoos. True Atlanteans, in the tattoos section, are designated as humans. Since all people who receive tattoos have to learn how to use them, noting that True Atlanteans are taught how means little... especially when you consider that 74% (or better) of True Atlanteans WILL have enough P.P.E., given their standard break-down of classes.

So here's the scenario: "Hold still little Timmy-opolous - we're giving you this incredible painful magic tattoo to protect you from vampires. Sure, you'll only be able to use it if you grow up to be a magic user, but hey, most of us do anyway, right? Enjoy!"

36% is still a lot of True Atlanteans with an attractive waste of magic ink on one of their wrists, but you're right, that's how it's written. I believe that it was an overisight, rather than deliberate intention though, because of this bit of stupidity.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Talavar wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:That's reading the rules as written. There's never any indication that True Atlanteans have any special ability with tattoos. True Atlanteans, in the tattoos section, are designated as humans. Since all people who receive tattoos have to learn how to use them, noting that True Atlanteans are taught how means little... especially when you consider that 74% (or better) of True Atlanteans WILL have enough P.P.E., given their standard break-down of classes.

So here's the scenario: "Hold still little Timmy-opolous - we're giving you this incredible painful magic tattoo to protect you from vampires. Sure, you'll only be able to use it if you grow up to be a magic user, but hey, most of us do anyway, right? Enjoy!"

36% is still a lot of True Atlanteans with an attractive waste of magic ink on one of their wrists, but you're right, that's how it's written. I believe that it was an overisight, rather than deliberate intention though, because of this bit of stupidity.

Wouldn't that be 26% if 74% can use them?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
livewire
Wanderer

Mark Hall wrote:

well actually i pointed out several indications on why TA's have a special ability with tattoos of which you only addressed one of them. and as they are the only RACE that says they have specific training with them and at a age as early as most maxi-men recieve their training and tattoos why do they cost more for TA's who have had just as much if not better training than a maxi-man? also it lists TA's seperately from humans with human in Parenthesis if they count the same as humans why have a seperate listing at all just list them together? (exp: true atlantean/human). it just does not make sense and i think there is more evidence, written material, and just plain logic that supports the idea of them costing normal for TA's than double. just my opinion though
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

In a friend of mines game he allowed a Jeridu (Land of the damned one page 69) Cyber Knight, the character was really memorable the player ran him as a very straight nosed CK with little thought to his own high appearance and celibate it was really funny.
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Rockwolf66
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:
Rockwolf66 wrote:
The Beast wrote:

So you're saying that Hagan, by all accounts a heterosexual human male, would have a problem coming up with "Hot Chicks with really big guns" on his own?

Do you know any heterosexual human males? :lol:

Yes i do but I tend to spend way too much time with chicks who like other chicks. and as far as the "Hawt Chicks who like Superior firepower" thing goes. it acctually tends to scare guys who are too caught up in their own machismo. It's really sad to see a bunch of macho guys with .357 Magnums and .40 S&W's shown by a 15 year old girl with a .44 magnum that Girls can shoot very well.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Talavar wrote:

Wouldn't that be 26% if 74% can use them?

Daniel Stoker

Yes, yes it would. Woops!
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Damn you!!! That was MY answer!!!
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Oh...and how about an Adorak...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
Kaleb
D-Bee
Location: Discussing metaphysical realities with Thoth & Marduk

Unread post by Kaleb »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Page 49 of the Coalition Wars book 4 Cyber Knights has Sir Galston Kurbod, Race: Quick-Flex Alien
"Of course my hammer broke your sword, you tried to hit me with it."

Kaleb the Blacksmith
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Maybe it's just getting into the Hallowe'en spirit, but ~13.3 years between posts seems kinda spooky.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic Locked for Necromancy.

This discussion ended 2008...

From the forum rules:
Necro-Posting is an annoying act throughout the interwebs. In some places it may be more sociably accepted than others. Here on the Palladium Books - Forums of the Megaverse, it is not. Until such a time that we, the moderation team have the ability to auto-lock topics, we ask that you refrain from necroposting.

If a topic is 12 months old [based on the last post, not the first], please start a new topic and if you need to, either:
Quote the original topic and/or
link to the original topic
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”