Yema vs Coalition Army

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpartacusDaddd
D-Bee

Yema vs Coalition Army

Unread post by SpartacusDaddd »

Hello! First post here for me as I get back into Rifts after a 15 year hiatus!

I was browsing through the rifts conversion book, looking for monsters for their coalition team to fight against and I came across the Yema (p 169).

ONLY MAGIC AND SILVER HURT THIS THING

Why hasn’t lazlo or Tolkien survivors unleashed one of these things ( or an army of them such as referenced in the text) on the CS and obliterated them? It seems to me the CS would have no answer to this until the discovered it’s silver weakness and then how many silver weapons would they have?

I know the vanguard exists but I cannot seem them blowing their cover immediately. That’s massive damage to the citizens, and while yes it doesn’t do a crazy amount of MD, it will eventually chew through anything thrown at it

Am I completely crazy?
Books
D-Bee

Re: Yema vs Coalition Army

Unread post by Books »

I think that after fighting all matter of supernatural creatures all CS armories would have a few cases of silver rounds for C-40s on the SAMAS.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

For not playing Rifts for 15 years? Yes, you are completely crazy.

As for the Yema, this is a real double edged sword.

The limited invulnerability is a major advantage, but with years of fighting in Tolkeen and the uptick in the demonic thanks to the Minion War, Books is right, silver is probably a go-to solution for any new or unknown magical creature encountered. The CS would be able to fight back with silver coated rail gun ammo causing significant damage. Probably silver coated iron flechettes that can be recovered afterward by battlefield salvage and recovery teams by tracking down the magnetic signature of the iron.

That said, since the Yema's master must give specific instructions to the Yema when deployed, it is presumed that the master is somewhere in the vicinity. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some CS Scholar or RCSG officer who specializes in the undead (likely not invited to many parties) that could identify the type of undead creature and know general aspects, like the need for a master to provide specific instruction. Should the CS be able to identify the master of the Yema and send a kill squad who eliminates the master, the Yema would turn around and become a threat to all magic users in the region. Perhaps inspiring a series of Yema-shaped skelebots just to confuse people...
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Silver is a common enough counter to the limited immunities of supernatural creatures or dbees that in a fight with tolkeenites, the CS likely have troops armed with such weapons.

As for lazlo not a chance. They were vehemently against many of the things tolkeen was doing.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
SpartacusDaddd
D-Bee

Unread post by SpartacusDaddd »

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I agree logically it makes sense but I can’t find any reference to the CS using silver in any books I’ve looked at. Just wasn’t sure if they employed that officially or not
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

SpartacusDaddd wrote:Hello! First post here for me as I get back into Rifts after a 15 year hiatus!

I was browsing through the rifts conversion book, looking for monsters for their coalition team to fight against and I came across the Yema (p 169).

ONLY MAGIC AND SILVER HURT THIS THING

Why hasn’t lazlo or Tolkien survivors unleashed one of these things ( or an army of them such as referenced in the text) on the CS and obliterated them? It seems to me the CS would have no answer to this until the discovered it’s silver weakness and then how many silver weapons would they have?

I know the vanguard exists but I cannot seem them blowing their cover immediately. That’s massive damage to the citizens, and while yes it doesn’t do a crazy amount of MD, it will eventually chew through anything thrown at it

Am I completely crazy?

To really back up what others have said, get this -
https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... anity.html

This will update you on what the CS is currently facing, what they are doing, etc.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

SpartacusDaddd wrote:Thanks for the feedback everyone. I agree logically it makes sense but I can’t find any reference to the CS using silver in any books I’ve looked at. Just wasn’t sure if they employed that officially or not

Heroes of Humanity, p107-111
The Death Knight power armor comes with a silver-plated vibro-sword, silver-plated daggers, and silver-plated knuckle spikes for the express purpose of killing demons/deevils.

The same book also has the Demon Hunter Advanced Training for CS troops, which includes how to "identify them, the best ways to fight and kill them and so on."
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”