Titan Robotics Kickstarter in progress

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

devilbune2
D-Bee

Titan Robotics Kickstarter in progress

Unread post by devilbune2 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pa ... n-robotics

They've hit their goal and a few stretch goals. Fortunately the stretch goals seem pretty low-key and reasonable, so it doesn't feel like overpromising. Not sure if this counts as buying into the hype but I am weirdly in love with the "Cyberworks Collection". I really want that hardback as much as I want TR itself, not sure how to explain why other than "is pretty", heh.

Unsurprisingly there are some angry RRT backers, though it looks like KS is taking its recent "no trolling" rule pretty seriously. Honestly it could be worse.

Might be naive but I'm tentatively optimistic. Sounds like Sean did well with other kickstarters, so I'm really hoping that he can be The Guy to get both Titan Robotics and Bestiary 2 out the door soon, maybe get some momentum.
Error 404:
Your haiku could not be found.
Try again later.
RockJock
Knight

Re: Titan Robotics Kickstarter in progress

Unread post by RockJock »

First off, I hope the kickstart works PERFECTLY, and I agree with the talk that PB needs the marketing that KS provides in the modern gaming world. I really look forward to the book, bought the RAW, which is my way of supporting PB.

That being said, I skipped the KS myself for two reasons. One, I have some of the same trust issues with getting books in my hands that have been previously mentioned. The more unique reason why I'm not backing is it just doesn't do anything for me. Having my name on a list in a book doesn't do anything for me, maybe a character, or whatever, but even that's a maybe. I have a stack of art prints I've bought over the years from PB at things like GenCon, plus the Heroes print, and a even a couple from Christmas grab bags, but they are sitting in a box in my closet. They are not really a motivator for me. Basically the only thing I get from the KS that I want is the book....and it is better for me to just wait, and not get annoyed waiting for it to come out.

I'll restate my excitement about Titan coming out, and my hope that the KS works smoothly, and everyone is happy when it's all wrapped up.

Good luck!
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
desrocfc
Explorer
Comment: Promoting great storytelling fiction and in games, for GMs and players alike.

Unread post by desrocfc »

I did a blog post on the subject, a bit of an extended review of the campaign and history; take it for what it's worth.

Personally, after my due diligence, I was comfortable enough to back the project.

https://www.scholarlyadventures.com/pos ... t-campaign
Francois DesRochers

http://www.scholarlyadventures.com/blog [A Rifts RPG Blog]
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I will direct you here

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=185146

It is where most of the conversation on the Kickstarter is.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm glad to see it is going well.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Probably regret asking this question , but was the kick starter the only way to get this book or will it all so come to the store at some point .
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Hell knight wrote:Probably regret asking this question , but was the kick starter the only way to get this book or will it all so come to the store at some point .

It is the fastest way and the only way to get certain KS exclusives, but, the standard softcover will be available in the PB store after the KS is done and the PDF will be available through Drivethru at some point in the future. As far as the physical books go those who order just the book from the PB store may get it before those of us who made big KS purchases with hardcovers and extras.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

so where we at with Titan Robotics Kickstarter ?
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe

Return to “Rifts®”