You guys routinely use Nightbane or Splicers material?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

You guys routinely use Nightbane or Splicers material?

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

in your Rifts campaign?
Or Beyond the Supernatural, or Dead Reign?

I loved Dark Conversions and frequently make adventures around entire species or whatever. But never a full campaign. Nor do I use the stuff exclusively found in the other books, even though I own some of them.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: You guys routinely use Nightbane or Splicers material?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I know I have mentioned this on the forums before but I started using Nightlands and Nightlords in my Rifts campaign about a year after the NB book came out. Way before Dark Conversions.

I had the nightlands devastated and sealed off by the coming of the Rifts it was invaded by demons, deevils and vampires. Lord Moloch even disappeared and many Nighland cities were destroyed when the companion real world city was destroyed. I had the Nightlands version of Hiroshima and Nagasaki disappear and reappear when the real cities did.

When the barrier between the nightlands and the earth came down (and I forget what I say caused that) the dark day event occured only in the pacific rim (West coast NA, Japan, part of Australia, and all of the New Navy area). I had them infiltrating groups in this area and they even caused a civil war in the New Navy.

The Nightlords are great villains but they can be really disruptive so I kept them far away from the two main areas of Rifts Earth at the time which was CS area and NGR area. Still a lot of fun.

I would NEVER use them in BTS or DR as they are SO overpowered that just 1 hound could lead to a TPK.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

I'm honestly a bit biased regarding Nightbane as I absolutely loathed the movie it was based on (Nightbreed). It was... not good. And not in that cult classic sort of not good either.

As such, I've avoided them like the plague in my games. Especially since the only reason I ever see anyone talk about wanting to play them, it's because of some of their broken mechanics when taking into other settings like Rifts.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Our group allows nightbane and other characters from that campaign such as athanatos and templar dark slayers as individuals. There is no link to the mirror realm or the nightlands. They simply hand the "misfortune" to fall through a random rift that somehow appeared on nightbane earth and brought them to rifts earth. This hasn't been a problem so far although necrosis magii aganathos do have an absolutely insane amount of PPE
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I have a lot of the Splicers stuff, but without the setting in PW.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Typically no, but I might consider allowing a PC to be converted from nightbane world,or native to splicers.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I do use NightSpawn in Rifts, more thanI use Rifts classes.
NightBane....I don't use NB chars.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”