So, where is MercTown?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

So, where is MercTown?

Unread post by ardashir »

Or it might be better to say, 'where is MercTown in relation to the other major players in the PA North America'? I know that in real life it's right down in a corner of Kentucky right along the Ohio River and not far from the Mississippi, apparently just south of Illinois, just east of Missouri, and just north of Tennessee and pretty close to Arkansas. But who are the major powers forming the nearest neighbors and sources of trouble?
narcissus
Explorer

Re: So, where is MercTown?

Unread post by narcissus »

St. Louis Gateway Rift, Federation of Magic (Kingdom of Dunscon), and Whykin are all about 200km from it in different directions. Otherwise there's nothing very close/neighborly. Probably a lot of mercenary groups with large camps around it as well.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Paducah Kentucky. Literally.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

this fan made map is the best reference we have right now:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/rifts ... 0328152013
(alt link: https://rifts.fandom.com/wiki/Geo-polit ... ftsmap.jpg )

in addition to the bits that were mentioend earlier, it is near the Central preserve, a native american dominated region, and north of Golden Age Weaponsmiths. Soulharvest is also relatively nearby.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ardashir
Wanderer

glitterboy2098 wrote:this fan made map is the best reference we have right now:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/rifts ... 0328152013
(alt link: https://rifts.fandom.com/wiki/Geo-polit ... ftsmap.jpg )

in addition to the bits that were mentioend earlier, it is near the Central preserve, a native american dominated region, and north of Golden Age Weaponsmiths. Soulharvest is also relatively nearby.

Thanks for the maps. Being that near the Soulharvest can't make for peaceful nights.

I noticed too that the independent city-state of Kingsdale is apparently now located within a member of the Coalition States. Given that Kingsdale and the CS don't get along at all, I wonder if MercTown may be seeing some immigrants from Kingsdale in the near future? Especially ones that know how to do things like, say, the Mega-Juicer process or other highly valuable information?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

technically CS missouri only solidly holds the northern half of missouri. but it is often shown as the full state on maps of the CS, because the CS *claims* all of it. especially now that they have taken in newtown and ft. El Dorado to make CS Arkansas
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ardashir
Wanderer

glitterboy2098 wrote:technically CS missouri only solidly holds the northern half of missouri. but it is often shown as the full state on maps of the CS, because the CS *claims* all of it. especially now that they have taken in newtown and ft. El Dorado to make CS Arkansas

Okay, but I still imagine a lot of folks in Kingsdale are starting to wonder if it's time to leave.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

ardashir wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:technically CS missouri only solidly holds the northern half of missouri. but it is often shown as the full state on maps of the CS, because the CS *claims* all of it. especially now that they have taken in newtown and ft. El Dorado to make CS Arkansas

Okay, but I still imagine a lot of folks in Kingsdale are starting to wonder if it's time to leave.

I can definitely see some people having flashbacks to both Juicer Uprising and the Tolkeen War. If that will make them migrate or start preparations to hunker down and bloody the deadboys first, well that's the big bad question i guess.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

especially given that Kingsdale is known as being a very magic heavy community, and odds are that they ended up with a number of tolkeen refugees.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

glitterboy2098 wrote:especially given that Kingsdale is known as being a very magic heavy community, and odds are that they ended up with a number of tolkeen refugees.

Indeed, what might only further motivate some people to think of dissuassive or relatiatory actions instead of moving away - what would led to the issue of "where to" in the first place, among other things.

Return to “Rifts®”