Bandito Arms source material

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

Bandito Arms source material

Unread post by ardashir »

I've read about Bandito Arms in several of my books but little more tan a name and that fact that they learned how to make Coalition SAMAS power armor, somehow.

Can someone please share some of the books that go into more detail about these guys?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Bandito Arms source material

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Rifts Black Market
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ardashir
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Rifts Black Market

Thank you. Are they covered in any of the 'New West' books, too, or does BM sum everything about Bandito Arms up?
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The two largest sources are WB14:New West and Sourcebook: Black Market, which also detail almost every statline for equipment.

Other books which mention the group include WB1:Vampire Kingdoms Revised(including a couple of weapons), WB28:Arzno, WB33:Northern Gun 1 (mainly in terms of knockoffs), Sourcebook:Merc Town, and Sourcebook:Merc Ops.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

those are the sources.
the short form is bandito arms is the main "official" manufacturer for the black marked (when they aren't making knockoffs of other peoples stuff.
bandito arms found "area 51" and a factory capable of making the pre rifts power armor that the coalition "ripped off" and cosmetically modified that became the "SAMAS"
Bandito arms created 2 new variants.

there is more to the story but that is the cliff notes version
ardashir
Wanderer

Curbludgeon wrote:The two largest sources are WB14:New West and Sourcebook: Black Market, which also detail almost every statline for equipment.

Other books which mention the group include WB1:Vampire Kingdoms Revised(including a couple of weapons), WB28:Arzno, WB33:Northern Gun 1 (mainly in terms of knockoffs), Sourcebook:Merc Town, and Sourcebook:Merc Ops.

And thank you to both yourself and Guardiandashi for the information and titles.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

In general Bandito is likely to have knock offs of most vehicles and hand held weapons, and popular armor. Stats may be worse espically for high end stuff.

For example lets say players find a knock off of CS heavy deadboy armor it would lack the CS/triax specific hardening tech. So say -20% MDC add 5 pounds and increase mobility restriction 1 step.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Blue_Lion wrote:In general Bandito is likely to have knock offs of most vehicles and hand held weapons, and popular armor. Stats may be worse espically for high end stuff.

For example lets say players find a knock off of CS heavy deadboy armor it would lack the CS/triax specific hardening tech. So say -20% MDC add 5 pounds and increase mobility restriction 1 step.

Or something that looks like the current post-War Campaign CS heavy deadboy armor, but is just a recycled and well-disguised RMB-version, for example.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

SolCannibal wrote:Or something that looks like the current post-War Campaign CS heavy deadboy armor, but is just a recycled and well-disguised RMB-version, for example.

"This Dead Boy helmet visor-plate's a tinted plastic motorcycle helmet visor!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Or something that looks like the current post-War Campaign CS heavy deadboy armor, but is just a recycled and well-disguised RMB-version, for example.

"This Dead Boy helmet visor-plate's a tinted plastic motorcycle helmet visor!!"

Probably a little better than that - Bandito has professional pride, their fac-similes should give them a few days of running advantage instead of the minutes of your average scammer! :P
SolCannibal
Champion

As an aside, i can definitely see Bandito trying to expand into the "let's make MDC refits of late 20th/early 21st century military gear" market niche HARD with Golden Age Weaponsmiths mostly gone under thanks to CS intervention.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

SolCannibal wrote:As an aside, i can definitely see Bandito trying to expand into the "let's make MDC refits of late 20th/early 21st century military gear" market niche HARD with Golden Age Weaponsmiths mostly gone under thanks to CS intervention.

When did GAW go under? A citation would be appreciated.
SolCannibal
Champion

Grazzik wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:As an aside, i can definitely see Bandito trying to expand into the "let's make MDC refits of late 20th/early 21st century military gear" market niche HARD with Golden Age Weaponsmiths mostly gone under thanks to CS intervention.

I was going to either Coalition War Campaign or Aftermath, but now it has also crossed my mind if i'm not mixing up with Iron Heart Armaments in New Kenora... :oops:
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

SolCannibal wrote:
Grazzik wrote:

I was going to either Coalition War Campaign or Aftermath, but now it has also crossed my mind if i'm not mixing up with Iron Heart Armaments in New Kenora... :oops:

No worries, we've all probably failed a Recognize Weapon Quality roll once or twice.

If I recall correctly from HoH, GAW got such a CS infusion of cash from new refit contracts that it funded massive expeditions to unearth ancient military sites. That's why I was surprised.

No harm done.

Return to “Rifts®”