Zenith Moon Warper questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

Zenith Moon Warper questions

Unread post by ardashir »

Just two quick questions about the Zenith Moon Warper from the Psyscape worldbook.

First, do they ever get or develop any new magic or psychic powers as they gain levels? Or are they always limited to what they have at first level?

Secondly, can they take on any human form when they transform or just the same one every time?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Zenith Moon Warper questions

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

ardashir wrote:First, do they ever get or develop any new magic or psychic powers as they gain levels? Or are they always limited to what they have at first level?

They are limited to what they get at first level, that in of itself is not unusual. They might also be able to gain additional powers in either category by non-class-level means:
-equipment (TW Devices, Psionic Devices, magical artifacts, and magic potions)
-environmental exposure (this one is pretty rare, but there are places on Rifts Earth that have caused mutations including installation of said powers)
-Gene Splicers (not recommended, but certainly possible at least for psionics though I'm not sure on Magic off hand)
-Bio-Wizard Implants (thinking of Zembahk, Eye of Eylor, and maybe one a few others found in WB2/21 or WB12), TW Bionics (BSB or WB20), or Psi-Implants (found in WB12)

ardashir wrote:Secondly, can they take on any human form when they transform or just the same one every time?

Per their more recent WB30 (D-Bees of North America) Entry they can (emphasis mine) "assume a completely human appearance, and take on different facial appearances and skin tones". So yes they can vary their human appearance to some degree at will, weather they could pull off a specific person is not stated which would lead me to think the answer is No (at least not without appropriate skills).
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

It's pretty much what skills like Disguise are for. The ability just replaces the need to create a physical disguise, cast a spell, or get an implant.
ardashir
Wanderer

Unread post by ardashir »

ShadowLogan wrote:
ardashir wrote:First, do they ever get or develop any new magic or psychic powers as they gain levels? Or are they always limited to what they have at first level?

They are limited to what they get at first level, that in of itself is not unusual. They might also be able to gain additional powers in either category by non-class-level means:
-equipment (TW Devices, Psionic Devices, magical artifacts, and magic potions)
-environmental exposure (this one is pretty rare, but there are places on Rifts Earth that have caused mutations including installation of said powers)
-Gene Splicers (not recommended, but certainly possible at least for psionics though I'm not sure on Magic off hand)
-Bio-Wizard Implants (thinking of Zembahk, Eye of Eylor, and maybe one a few others found in WB2/21 or WB12), TW Bionics (BSB or WB20), or Psi-Implants (found in WB12)

ardashir wrote:Secondly, can they take on any human form when they transform or just the same one every time?

Per their more recent WB30 (D-Bees of North America) Entry they can (emphasis mine) "assume a completely human appearance, and take on different facial appearances and skin tones". So yes they can vary their human appearance to some degree at will, weather they could pull off a specific person is not stated which would lead me to think the answer is No (at least not without appropriate skills).

Thanks for the detail answer. And for giving me one more reason to get WB30.

Return to “Rifts®”