Any you ever run an all D-bee or all robot party?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Any you ever run an all D-bee or all robot party?

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Did you play a full campaign with them? How did it go?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Emerald MoonSilver
Explorer

Re: Any you ever run an all D-bee or all robot party?

Unread post by Emerald MoonSilver »

Well, I 've run a campaign which all of the players were non-humans set in the U.S. west coast. Considering humans are one of hundreds of intelligent being on rifts earth it makes sense. Since we stayed away from coalition lands entirely the players did not have to deal with any large scale prejudice. The only player that had anyone react to him was playing a hatchling dragon, but even then it was not a kill at first sight situation. IT depends on mainly how the d.m. and players want to run the game.

Sure you could emphasize how d-bee's are treated in some areas, but this gets old real fast and players in general don't want to have to hide their identities or be on the run all the time. This causes players to quite real quick. ON a last note one of the players was using a robot character similar to data in star trek and the player actually liked trying to play the character as trying to discover new things about the society of "organics" that he found himself in.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I have only run a few game with two different gaming groups. In each one there was one human character, but there were other human like character like one player was an atlantean stone master.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

"all robot" What do you mean by this?

All borgs? All Bot/PA Drivers? All Androids?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

The more I think about it, the more I really like the idea of an all d-bee game. Especially if you drop them a wee bit outside CS territory; just far enough where there could be some unofficial interactions without worrying about a kill squad showing up.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
hup7
Wanderer

Unread post by hup7 »

All robot pilots - yes. We ran a bunch in Robotech games, so this was nothing new when we swapped over to Rifts. The first Rifts campaign we were all either Robot Pilots or Power Armour pilots.

All D-bee? Yeah definitely ran all d-bee campaigns. Mostly human-like enough to pass or adept enough to disguise.

I don't really see a problem with all d-bees, even in coalition territory - I mean the 'burbs' are full of d-bees, right? The coalition isn't hunt and kill every d-bee on sight; or if they are they are not very good at it. :D
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

I mean, even if you just limit yourself to Rifts Earth and treat the Coalition as genocidal maniacs who kill any and all d-bees on sight, the Coalition States are a tiny, minute fraction of the world you have available to you to play in. I'm not really sure why just the mere idea of an all d-bee group is baffling.

That said, I do find groups where everyone is the same basic type of class rather boring. Whether it be robot pilots, magicians, psychics, or anything else, you don't really get the opportunity to stand out or bring something unique to the party unless everyone finds some really hyper-specialized class within the group (a psi-ghost vs. a psi-tech for example). But if everyone's, say, a Mind Melter or something, that's going to be pretty boring, at least for me. Robot pilots fall pretty close to that side of the fence, as most robots/power armor are just variants of one another.

Return to “Rifts®”