The New Chainsaw Glitterboy Mini

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

The New Chainsaw Glitterboy Mini

Unread post by Hotrod »

I want one!

Setting aside the maniacal pilot mini, which is also awesome, by the way, this is a fine one. The overall mini looks like a reposed version of their other resin Glitterboy, which was already awesome.

The mech’s chainsaw resting in the chest of a Dead Boy’s corpse, the epic chainsaw glaive itself, the fact that its boom gun is configured for left-handed firing, and the pointing pose are just fantastic! There’s a lot of character in this mini, and with the other Glitterboy mini, it offers some interesting kitbashing options. The chainsaw glaive could be a flagpole or a mace, and the left arms in both resin kits look like they’re interchangeable.

The best part is that you don’t have to be a great painter for these minis. A bit of primer, Molotov Liquid Chrome, and Allclad II, and this model will look amazing. My Palladium Christmas list is growing.

The pilot’s face is gleefully psychotic. Most pilot art I’ve seen has them in dignified poses; this dude looks like he’s about to wade into a horde of undead just for the pure pleasure of ripping them apart. I love it.

If Palladium can find a way to package a squad of assorted Glitterboys in assorted poses at a decent price per mini, I would buy that stuff up. And I’m not even a mini gamer!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: The New Chainsaw Glitterboy Mini

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The what?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Hotrod wrote:... the fact that its boom gun is configured for left-handed firing ... [snip] ... and with the other Glitterboy mini, it offers some interesting kitbashing options. ... [snip] ... and the left arms in both resin kits look like they’re interchangeable.

Greetings and Salutations. While I was reading your post, I at first thought you were suggesting a Glitter Boy dual-wielding Boom Guns. :lol: But after looking at the images, I don't think that's what you had in mind. Still wanted to share. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

AlexM wrote:https://palladium-store.com/1001/product/MI8053-Rifts-Chainsaw-Glitter-Boy-n-Pilot-Mini-Set.html

Nice!!!
:-D
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Nice but not 39.99usd nice....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
slade the sniper
Hero

Unread post by slade the sniper »

I like the detail, but the sculpt isn't very dynamic :(

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

You had me at Chainsaw+ Glitterboy.

But chainsaw glaives are a thing now?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

taalismn wrote:You had me at Chainsaw+ Glitterboy.

But chainsaw glaives are a thing now?

Heck yeah, why not? The Silver Swordsman was a variant I put into the Glitterboy Rifter article. This could be a Silver Swordsman, just with a chainsaw glaive in lieu of a 2-handed sword.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I do like the semi-demented expression on the pilot's face.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Way to expensive for me. Who is going to pay that for two resin minis?
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

honestly, that kinda pricing is in line with current trends. it's an industry-wide issue, but it's not their fault.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

No its not. Larger, store exclusive, action figures don't go for close to this price nor do other miniatures of this small a size.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Prysus wrote:
Hotrod wrote:... the fact that its boom gun is configured for left-handed firing ... [snip] ... and with the other Glitterboy mini, it offers some interesting kitbashing options. ... [snip] ... and the left arms in both resin kits look like they’re interchangeable.

Greetings and Salutations. While I was reading your post, I at first thought you were suggesting a Glitter Boy dual-wielding Boom Guns. :lol: But after looking at the images, I don't think that's what you had in mind. Still wanted to share. Farewell and safe journeys.

If you had both GBs, you might be able to kitbash them to make a dual-wielding GB. The tricky part would be adapting/reshaping the new gun's ammo belt and supporting arms to put it into a firing position instead of a slung position.Those bits are the most finicky/fragile parts of the original mini, but some hot water seems to make the ammo belt malleable, and you could maybe cut and glue the supporting arms (not the arm of the mini, the metal bars that hold up the gun) into a shooting pose. Probably the hardest part would be reshaping the hand/handle into a shooting pose.

Why someone would want to dual-wield boom guns is another matter; I imagine that dual-firing them would probably break a G-10. Personally, if I get this mini, I won't be doing any kitbashing, but rather focus on making the mini look as fabulous, gory (blood splatter on the chainsaw glaive blade and dead boy corpse), and awesome as possible.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Hotrod wrote:Why someone would want to dual-wield boom guns is another matter; I imagine that dual-firing them would probably break a G-10. Personally, if I get this mini, I won't be doing any kitbashing, but rather focus on making the mini look as fabulous, gory (blood splatter on the chainsaw glaive blade and dead boy corpse), and awesome as possible.

(EDIT: The G-10 from WB5 the Gargoyle use, yeah probably break their G-10? The USA-G10, as context implies, I'm not so sure about that).

Dual wielding from a mounting perspective is technically possible (IIRC the gun can be configured for right or left hand user placement), and at least one variant uses that dual configuration (Taurus Glitter Boy, FQ pg98-101 and it dose have the optional use for a BG-RG, though this is technically not a G-10 model of GB).

The main issues I see with dual mounting the BG-RG on the G-10 comes down to:
-ammunition feed, I do not think its practical to mount a second full ammo drum, and the existing drum is designed to feed one gun not two. While there is the hip option for a secondary drum (along with manual loading), but that won't have the staying power of the main drum (roughly 2.5x more than the hip option).
-available power (technically we don't know how much energy any of Rifts Nuclear Energy sources produce or how much energy a given system requires so this is hard to define)
-how much margin is built into the recoil management system (and if not enough, could the existing system be upgraded or supplemented to handle the additional recoil) and I only consider it due to it being an issue for a single mounting user requires the management system.

Now dual mounting them physically on the Mini's, I think would be technically possible (if the mini allows shoulder choice placement as seen in some artwork in the RPG books). As to the Why... kit-bash for a Taurus GB? Some customized GB (NPC or PC).

Return to “Rifts®”