Naruni weapon damage order

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

Re: Naruni weapon damage order

Unread post by narcissus »

I've always thought of it like a plasma paintball. Explodes (to a very tiny area) on impact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

The NE-H10 Plasma Derringer explictly says that the shooter has a 10% of taking heat damage every time it's fired if not wearing armor or heat-resistant gloves, because the barrel is so short and close to the hand and thin heat shielding.

This means the cartridge is turned into plasma the moment the trigger is pulled.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

always assumed the cartridge is battery and reaction mass, with the gun sucking out the power then using it to agitate the spent cartridge into plasma and launching it. efficent, stupidly dangerous to tamper with, and near impossible to reverse engineer. also explains how they're able to make e-clip versions for their salesmen- just compensate for using local gasses with more power ro the reaction.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the description of plasma cartridges, starting in mercenaries and in every other book they appear, is that the cartridges are solid items with a primer, and when the primer is struck, the cartridge is "converted into energy, causing a plasma discharge"

so they fire plasma blasts, they just start as solid items that vaporize in the breech to make the plasma blasts.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I always understood them to be shells that when "triggered" turn into plasma, and most of the guns channel and control the plasma, which is why they can also be used to make traps with a round
Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Sounds kind of like a shaped charge round in construction to me.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Following the 'solid fuel' idea, Naruni plasma weapons may be, if the GM wants to super-detail, better at operating in deep space/vacuum condition than the average(i.e. Rifts Earth) plasma weapons using the 'sucks ambient atmosphere and superheats it to plasma' principle.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:The NE-H10 Plasma Derringer explictly says that the shooter has a 10% of taking heat damage every time it's fired if not wearing armor or heat-resistant gloves, because the barrel is so short and close to the hand and thin heat shielding.

This means the cartridge is turned into plasma the moment the trigger is pulled.

Yup.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

Think of them like a shotgun shell, only its ignited plasma instead of tiny lead balls or rocksalt.

Return to “Rifts®”