Rifts Antarctica: Mention of surrounding oceans & islands?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Rifts Antarctica: Mention of surrounding oceans & islands?

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Does the RAW preview mention any of the islands or oceans in close proximity? Things like France or Britain's island possessions or local undersea communities.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Rifts Antarctica: Mention of surrounding oceans & islan

Unread post by Hotrod »

I don't have it, so I can't say, but you might want to look at Underseas and Lemuria; they might have some useful information.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Hotrod wrote:I don't have it, so I can't say, but you might want to look at Underseas and Lemuria; they might have some useful information.

Those I've looked at. Doesn't have the info I'm asking about, through it covered some info that I was interested in.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

From what I herd it is reskinned Alaska so it may not.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Blue_Lion wrote:From what I herd it is reskinned Alaska so it may not.

But why reskin AK instead of releasing AK, I'm assuming your talking the old webbook that was done? I HIGHLY doubt my 2009 POH talk with KS that I was making one, even though he said he'd be interested in seeing the manuscript had ANYTHING to do with it.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

But why reskin AK instead of releasing AK, I'm assuming your talking the old webbook that was done? I HIGHLY doubt my 2009 POH talk with KS that I was making one, even though he said he'd be interested in seeing the manuscript had ANYTHING to do with it.

probably because the author decided to reskin their existing and unsubmitted alaska works and submit it as antarctica, without any PB involvement in that decision. this is one of the downsides of freelancers. you only get what they decide to write, the publisher has little say in the content until it is submitted.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

It is definitely no where near this description at all
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Ehhhh there's things there that definitely make you think that it was at least in part, that.

It's been a while but I seem to remember a number of North American sort of things popping up.

There's more to it (Like the 100% un-needed addition of the Minion war drek) And the Anarctic jungles and bugs and stuff, but on the read through I remember going "Many of these things are better suited to Canada and North America".

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Rifts®”