Millennium Tree Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Azrael605
Newb

Millennium Tree Question

Unread post by Azrael605 »

I seem to remember reading that MTrees can produce any kind of tree-born fruit or seed, ie an apple or an acorn, a pear or a pine cone, etc. So firstly I am wondering if I am correct on that? With the proposition that MTrees can do that. Would they also be able to produce the fruit or seed of a magical tree? I'm toying with the idea for a game.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Millennium Tree Question

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Welcome to the forum, Azrael605.

I reread the Millennium Tree section in the England World Book and didn't see anything that suggests they produce fruit or seeds at all, at least on a time scale relevant to players. The Biomancers of South America 1 and Lemuria can transmute plant matter into producing a fruit, but it leaves the specifics of such vague save to say it can feed a person for a day and be done a certain number of times safely. I'd say one of the Memory Trees found on Maga Island could have the Code of Life/DNA of other plants on record, and might be coaxed by a Jungle Elf or Biomancer to produce it.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

WB8 (Japan) pg29 specifically says "Note: No seeds. there is no known way to grow a Millennium Tree.". That bit would IMHO seem to imply it doesn't grow tree born fruit (carries seed) or pine cone (again to distribute seed).
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Azrael605 wrote:I seem to remember reading that MTrees can produce any kind of tree-born fruit or seed, ie an apple or an acorn, a pear or a pine cone, etc. So firstly I am wondering if I am correct on that? With the proposition that MTrees can do that. Would they also be able to produce the fruit or seed of a magical tree? I'm toying with the idea for a game.

They cannot do any such thing. They don't produce their own seeds or fruit let alone any other kind.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Everything said so far is true. However, there are a few other factors to consider:

1. It is possible to plant a Staff of Prosperity in the ground, creating super-fertile soil that yields crops that are highly resistant to pests/diseases.

2. A staff of purity can be planted, sort of, in a stream source or well to make it guaranteed pure, clean, and delicious (as much as water can be, anyway).

3. The PFRPG book on Bizantium has a tree related to Millennium Trees that does yield some seeds. I don't think those can be planted conventionally, but they are magical and useful to people.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Well I dont know about sees but Millennium trees can be planted.

PFRPG Eastern Territory: "The great Tree was planted by the legendary Arch-Mage Lictalon as a living reminder of the defeat of the Old Ones by the forces of Light."

He may have dug up a tree and re-planted it. You'll have to ask him.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Rifts®”