Godling (Heroes Unlimited 2)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Godling (Heroes Unlimited 2)

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

Greetings,

Some questions related to HU Godling appearing on Rifts/MDC worlds:

1. Can they get Bio-wizardry (WB2, WB21) enhancements? If so, are there any restrictions in number or bonuses?

2. Can they get Tattoo magic (WB2, WB6, WB21) as enhancements? If so, are there any restrictions in number or bonuses?

3. Can a Godling become a Cosmo Knight? Do they lose their natural powers?

And an unrelated questions, but I am doubtful of things I have seen in the posts before... Can a Vagabond get more than 3 majors and 3 minor superpowers? I found a post that someone made a Vagabond with 6 Majors and 6 minors... No idea how.

P.S.: There seem to be some deleted accounts/post on the forums, as I start reading threads and can not find opening messages, answers or specific posts, but I can find when people have quoted those missing posts.
Last edited by lbeaumanior on Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Godling (Heroes Unlimited 2)

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

1. I am going to say a limited, it will depend on the specific enhancement(s) being sought as some specifically are limited to certain host types and most (in WB2) bar supernatural creatures (which would include Godlings).

2. Tattoo Magic? No. The books are pretty specific on what races can acquire and use Tattoo Magic (Elf, Human, Ogre, True Atlantean, and the Dragon race creators). That said they can know about the magic and how to give the Tattoos (ex. WB2's High Lords can learn the magic in so far as to place the magic tattoos on the subject but cannot actually use the tattoos.

3. No, they cannot become a Cosmo Knight. A Godling would qualify as a Supernatural being, which can't become a Cosmo Knight.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1. Can they get Bio-wizardry (WB2, WB21) enhancements? If so, are there any restrictions in number or bonuses?
With the strict reading of the PU2 text there is no limitation, nor are they allowed. So it is up to the Game's GM to decide what he or she will allow. (IOWs their house rules.)
However, I would treat Bio-Wiz. the same as bionics in thecae of both the HU2 and RCB2 godlings. they are elected by their MH Immortality / bio-regeneration powers respectively. Mostly

2. Can they get Tattoo magic (WB2, WB6, WB21) as enhancements? If so, are there any restrictions in number or bonuses? With the strict reading of the PU2 text there is no limitation, nor are they allowed. So it is up to the Game's GM to decide what he or she will allow. (IOWs their house rules.)
I would allow them to get a few of the common type of magic tattoos. But limit the max to four or five, with a 50% penalty to the magic's spell str. to apply the magic tattoo, for the last tattoo before the limit. This because of the SN nature of the godling.
(Line Drawing Magic...'applications': I would treat similarly as the common magic tattoos.)

3. Can a Godling become a Cosmo Knight? No. No SN being that i can become a Cosmo Knight. (Note: the wording in the 3G book 1: PW might have the wording 'no MDC being can become a CK. Mine is ether packed away or sold off. so will not be offended if someone corrects me after reading the PW book.).

---------------
Can a Vagabond get more than 3 majors and 3 minor superpowers?
My understanding is that at Level 1 3M&3m is the max powers. Though if the char is closer to L15 there is a "grows with exp." power table in the HU core books.But I don't think it is available to chars in the Rifts game.
-Then if you want to go even more esoteric..you need to wanter over into the tMNT game books and use the BIO-E generator.
Then maybe to the MiO book to buy super powers from the extra Bio-E the char got.

I found a post that someone made a Vagabond with 6 Majors and 6 minors... No idea how.
Where can this be found?

P.S.: There seem to be some deleted accounts/post on the forums,....snip.
PB culls out older or not looked at posts every so often. PB also uses a broom to clear out the user lists for various reasons: old unused account, user got a perm.-banned, or upon user request. Things that a good webcast for a site would do.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
lbeaumanior
Wanderer

Unread post by lbeaumanior »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Can a Vagabond get more than 3 majors and 3 minor superpowers?
My understanding is that at Level 1 3M&3m is the max powers. Though if the char is closer to L15 there is a "grows with exp." power table in the HU core books.But I don't think it is available to chars in the Rifts game.
-Then if you want to go even more esoteric..you need to wanter over into the tMNT game books and use the BIO-E generator.
Then maybe to the MiO book to buy super powers from the extra Bio-E the char got.

I found a post that someone made a Vagabond with 6 Majors and 6 minors... No idea how.
Where can this be found?

I have this post, and I am looking for the other:
viewtopic.php?p=2980238#p2980238

Not sure if you can combine Vagabond (or any OCC) with HU power categories.

EDIT: Found these ones also by the same user, but no idea how so many templates can stack or what can this creature do, as I just recognize a few of the things used there:

viewtopic.php?p=2872230#p2872230
viewtopic.php?p=2875956#p2875956
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Yep, I agree with Eli and 13 that you have to twist the rules into a liberal pretzel to get more than the face amount of powers. A prerequisite to doing said twisting is to have all/most of the PB game books. And then mix and match between the different games to get the pretzel you want.

The 3M&3m is the intended limit for Vagabond super abilities. But as you pointed out board people can make up almost any challenge.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ITWastrel
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ITWastrel »

lbeaumanior wrote:Greetings,

2. Can they get Tattoo magic (WB2, WB6, WB21) as enhancements? If so, are there any restrictions in number or bonuses?

1. Unless otherwise noted in their descriptions, sure. But, remember, this is the science of enslavement.

A Godling walks in, and then puts their entire being under the control of the Spluggies.

"Welcome back from the tank! Great news, While you were under we got you upgraded to the platinum armor package, that's 200 MDC. As a free gift with purchase, we went ahead and installed a permanent brain modification that makes you 100% compliant. Did you think we would miss an opportunity to control a godling? A seat at the pantheon and an opportunity to sell more gods on this great augmentation opportunity, who could pass that up? I'm going to get a promotion!"

2. No. Tattoo magic works on only four races. Humans, Ogres, True Atlanteans, and Elves. Chiang-Ku dragons are the exception, as the originators of the art.

3. No. Supernatural creatures are out in general.
If an exception were made for reasons they would still become just Cosmo-Knights. They lose everything about themselves except the shape, get rebuilt as Knights, and if they fall they become fallen knights, not godlings.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

The GM can always change whatever her or she wishes. If they change something they should tell the players before chaos ensues....
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

lbeaumanior wrote:Greetings,

1: Yes; no there are no restrictions on how many.
2: No, they are not humans
3: No, they are supernatural creatures

And an unrelated questions, but I am doubtful of things I have seen in the posts before... Can a Vagabond get more than 3 majors and 3 minor superpowers? I found a post that someone made a Vagabond with 6 Majors and 6 minors... No idea how.

P.S.: There seem to be some deleted accounts/post on the forums, as I start reading threads and can not find opening messages, answers or specific posts, but I can find when people have quoted those missing posts.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”