Ultra Crazy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

randalthor1966
D-Bee

Ultra Crazy

Unread post by randalthor1966 »

Sorry if it has been brought up before, but I was wondering if, like the Crazy Ninja in the Japan sourcebook (JSB), the Ultra Crazy from South America 2 (SB2) has all the base abilities of the "regular" Crazy except where specifically changed.

In the JSB it is said like so, "Unless otherwise noted, the powers of the ninja crazy are identical to those of the American crazy (see Rifts RPG, page 56)."

It does not say that in the SA2 book about the Ultra Crazy, but it was put out 3 years (or thereabout) prior to the JSB, so I am hoping that they just forgot to put that in. Thank you for any help.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Ultra Crazy

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Welcome to the forum, randalthor1966!

I did a quick comparison between the Crazies in Rifts Main Book(RMB) and Rifts Ultimate Edition(RUE) and the Ultra-Crazy in South America 2(WB9). I noticed two things to which your question might refer: the RMB Crazy's 1d6 bonus to P.E. and their being "virtually impervious to pain", both of which I'd argue are subsumed under the Ultra-Crazy's Supernatural Endurance. Was there something I overlooked?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The TW/Magic Crazy is what it is.

As in if it doesn't say it has the same stuff as the core book crazy then it doesn't have that stuff.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MadGreenSon
Explorer

Unread post by MadGreenSon »

The Ultra Crazy looks pretty solid as is, even has the native language. The only thing I might change to "bring the OCC up to date" is to give the player the option of ditching two OCC Related skills to sub in HtoH Commando instead of Martial Arts/Assasin. Even then, I'd only bother with it if a player complained since it's not as useful to the supernaturally strong Ultra Crazy.

Ultra Crazies also don't have the auto-dodge that RUE Crazies have, but I'd say that's offset by the MDC body and supernatural strength, so it's not a concern really.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

MadGreenSon wrote:The Ultra Crazy looks pretty solid as is, even has the native language. The only thing I might change to "bring the OCC up to date" is to give the player the option of ditching two OCC Related skills to sub in HtoH Commando instead of Martial Arts/Assasin. Even then, I'd only bother with it if a player complained since it's not as useful to the supernaturally strong Ultra Crazy.

Ultra Crazies also don't have the auto-dodge that RUE Crazies have, but I'd say that's offset by the MDC body and supernatural strength, so it's not a concern really.

If it includes native language it has been updated.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
MadGreenSon
Explorer

Unread post by MadGreenSon »

Blue_Lion wrote:
MadGreenSon wrote:The Ultra Crazy looks pretty solid as is, even has the native language. The only thing I might change to "bring the OCC up to date" is to give the player the option of ditching two OCC Related skills to sub in HtoH Commando instead of Martial Arts/Assasin. Even then, I'd only bother with it if a player complained since it's not as useful to the supernaturally strong Ultra Crazy.

If it includes native language it has been updated.

In the Ultra Crazy's case, it doesn't say "Native Language" it just says "Spanish 98%". Since it's not the same format as RUE, I'm going to assume this was CJ Carella being thoughtful, especially since the book I'm looking at is older than RUE.

I'm kinda doubting he could see the future.
randalthor1966
D-Bee

Thanks everybody. I was hoping for something else, but it is what it is. The autododge is too good to give up. I love me the MDC dealing strength and all that, but not enough to give up autododge.

Just to make sure: Autododge is good for all attacks and not just "surprise" round attacks, correct?
randalthor1966
D-Bee

OK. I was hoping otherwise, but it is what it is and autododge is too good to give up.

Also, just to be clear, autododge is good for all attacks and not just those that would be from "surprise", correct?

Return to “Rifts®”