Roll20 Rifts by Grinning Gecko character sheet is live!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

Roll20 Rifts by Grinning Gecko character sheet is live!

Unread post by narcissus »

Shameless self promotion.

The Roll20 Rifts character sheet I've been working on for the last few months is finally live. It's fairly complex, but there are instructions on the Options tab. I'm also happy to answer any questions about it here, and may even make a video tutorial on it if people are interested.

It works by using Profiles. Any combination of abilities/magic/psionics/modifiers (gear, weapons, magic items, etc.) can be aggregated into a profile. This way a character could have a profile for when they're walking around town, a profile for when they're in their power armor, a profile for various active spells, etc.

Link to the preview image (which is each tab spliced together): https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Roll2 ... review.jpg

Select the character sheet Palladium Rifts by Grinning Gecko when creating a game.
Last edited by narcissus on Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Re: Roll20 Rifts by Grinning Gecko character sheet is live!

Unread post by Sohisohi »

I'm assuming I could use it for any palladium game, since I'll be running dead reign within' the month (hopefully) then I'll likely have praise/questions then.
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

I've never played Dead Reign, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. The auto calculating weapon proficiencies may not apply if DR provides different bonuses than RUE, but you can always create your own entries.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I'm looking forward to putting this through the paces. Congrats on all your work!
Lordonyx
D-Bee

Unread post by Lordonyx »

So, I have been using this in several games for a few months.. I must say.. this sheet is Amazing!
It Really Shines when you have characters with multiple forms, like Nightbane or Shapeshifters.
There is a slight learning curve, but past that, it is a thing of Beauty. It Integrates with the Turn Tracker and even matches actions to the Characters Attacks per melee (and NPCs Too!)
The only thing keeping it from being as functional and integrated as the 5e sheet is Palladiums refusal/reluctance to support its IP being an Available VTT Compendium.
Once you do the data entry though, it is an invaluable tool for running Palladium games on Roll 20.

In an interesting bit of Serendipity, I ended up playing in the Authors game, and he is very responsive to bug reports and even fixed some issues caused by the introduction of Dark mode within the week of it's release.

You should give it a try and work with it for a bit, it's power and versatility will surprise you.
hup7
Wanderer

Unread post by hup7 »

Lordonyx wrote:There is a slight learning curve, but past that, it is a thing of Beauty.

I am supposed to be working on some demonstration videos but keep getting side tracked by work and life... why can't I just play RPGs all the time?

Hopefully we can get some up soon, if anyone ever wants a demo of how to use it, we can arrange on discord.

Additionally the import / export feature quickly allows you to import spells, items, skills, etc... not just entire characters. So yes doing the data entry yourself is annoying - once done you can replicate for other people joining your game and other games.

Return to “Rifts®”