What year did Psyscape reappear?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Hotrod
Knight

What year did Psyscape reappear?

Unread post by Hotrod »

Anyone know the canon date/year? Anyone have a good guess?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: What year did Psyscape reappear?

Unread post by Mack »

The text appears to be deliberately vague, leaving it up to the GM. A few thoughts:

-- Based on Erin Tarn's comments on the Yhabbayar (Psyscape p14) then it would be 6-8 months prior to 105 PA, so call it 104 PA.
-- Based on p13, it vanished 'roughly 200 years ago," and that was written in 90 PA. So about 110 years prior to 1 PA (or about 2177 AD). However, it may not have vanished in the traditional sense. Rather, it may have shifted from the material plane to the astral plane where it currently exists. Under this theory, it didn't re-appear at all. It's simply been in the astral plane since ~2177 AD. The 're-appearance' is just that they decided to re-engage with Earth communities.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Thanks for the information. My hypothesis was that it was around 106 P.A, since the world book that came out before it was Coalition War Campaign, which happens in 105 P.A.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Mack wrote:-- Based on Erin Tarn's comments on the Yhabbayar (Psyscape p14) then it would be 6-8 months prior to 105 PA, so call it 104 PA.

Actually Erin Tarn's comment on pg14 is dated "October, 105 PA", 6-8 months prior would put it as Feb-April of 105PA. 104PA can still work as on pg24 a reference exists of deploying various "agents to gather intelligence for the last year", which would put it at around 12 months (Oct 104 PA).

Pg24 also suggests its return is connected with the rise of the revival of Nxla's Soul Harvesters, though a date doesn't exist AFAIK.

Return to “Rifts®”