Naming Characters of Races

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blackwater Sniper
Explorer
Comment: The only bad character is the one you didn't put on paper.

Naming Characters of Races

Unread post by Blackwater Sniper »

I use Fantasy Name Generator (https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/) for most of my generic names.

What are Rahu-Men names, Titan, Atlanteans, and many of the other non-humans names like? There should be some thread that makes you know it's not just a human name or a name that could go to any race because it sound good.

I can see Titans/Rahu-men having modified Germanic or Slavic sounding names, but a Cernun mystic?
So what if I don’t know what apocalypse means? It’s not the end of the world!
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Re: Naming Characters of Races

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Blackwater Sniper wrote:I use Fantasy Name Generator (https://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/) for most of my generic names.

What are Rahu-Men names, Titan, Atlanteans, and many of the other non-humans names like? There should be some thread that makes you know it's not just a human name or a name that could go to any race because it sound good.

I can see Titans/Rahu-men having modified Germanic or Slavic sounding names, but a Cernun mystic?

Rahu names would be Oriental, modified in a "d-bee" way.
Titan and Atlantean names would be Grecian (probably Hellenistic rather than modern).
Cernun would be "reptile-modified" Gaelic.
Kremin would have a definite Japanese flavor for language and names.
Wolfen would have modified Latin names (actual Latin, not its bastardized descendant languages).
Fairies would have Gaelic, Germanic, and Slavic names.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!

Return to “Rifts®”