How much are Credits worth compared to US Dollars?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

plotulus
D-Bee

How much are Credits worth compared to US Dollars?

Unread post by plotulus »

Does any book mention it? Have you figured it out in your games?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: How much are Credits worth compared to US Dollars?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

For Game Play there are about the same. As in the economic worth/exchange rate is about (for the RMB) 1980s purchasing power.

Now if your char had hard currency that they brought with them through a rift....those are collectors items.
In the RMB the approximated values of pre-rifts artifacts are on pages 207-209. types of money are not mentioned. Thou there is a precious metals section.
In RUE there is no similar text.
The RBM I ski,,ed through it and I didn't see any price listings for Pre-rift items
And didn't see anything in the RGMG.

Just remember that the BM only pays about 10-20% of the value of any item you sell to them and that pre-rifts artifacts are, if not weapons or vehicles, are most just collector's items. And anyone selling them needs to find just the right buyer to maximize the return.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I tend to go with 1 cr = 1$. How much are you spending on a meal? 5-15 credits for a basic meal. How much is a loaf of bread? 1-3cr.

Why? Because it's easy to make up prices on the fly. Of course, we note that prices for non-normal goods (anything not available in the early 1990s) are completely whack. Want a small computer that can fit in your pocket? SEVENTY FIVE BILLION CREDITS. Each month, you make 2300 credits as an officer.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

It is, after all, a just-past-post-apocalyptic society, not a post-want society, so prices will vary. What might cost an inner-sanctum Chi-Town dweller a credit/dollar to buy(like a candy bar* or hot pocket sandwich) may cost 2-10 times that in the 'burbs.

*And given the shortage of various ingredients normally sourced through international trade, a post-Rifts candy bar may be 100% synthetic chemicals or consist of substitutes available to the regional agriculture of Rifts Earth. Don't expect real chocolate in your Chi-Town Crunchbar.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”