Machine Race

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Machine Race

Unread post by Razzinold »

Is there a true machine race in Rifts? I'm not talking about cyborgs or skelebots, more like Exos from Destiny or the Robot from Lost in Space.
I'm not looking for any conversions, so please don't suggest any, I was just using those as a point of reference to help explain exactly what it is that I'm looking for. I have a player that wants to place a truly sentient machine race and the closest thing I could think of was an android, but that isn't what he wants. He doesn't want a human brain in a robot body, he wants true Neural Intelligent race of machines.

:? Thanks in advance
Last edited by Razzinold on Wed May 06, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Machine Race

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Razzinold wrote:Is there a true machine race in Rifts? I'm not talking about cyborgs or skelebots, more like Exos from Destiny or the Robot from Lost in Space.
I'm not looking for any conversions, so please don't suggest any, I was just using those as a point of reference to help explain exactly what it is that I'm looking for. I have a player that wants to place a truly sentient machine race and the closest thing I could think of was an android, but that isn't what he wants. He doesn't want a human brain in a robot body, he wants true A.I race of machines.

There are a couple in Phase World but I don't know of any for Rifts except maybe Shemarians. In Phase World you have the Machine People, DB2, Pg 77. They are not too overpowered so as long as they don't come with any PW weapons or gear should be able to fit in a Rifts game.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Razzinold wrote:Exos from Destiny

Robot RCC (Sourcebook One) with Transferred intelligence is EXACTLY what Exo's are (albeit without the strange "have to reset my brain every X time or i go insane" thing).

And there are also the Machine People from Phase World/Three Galaxies, who are actual sentient machines that can reproduce.

Edit: Also, some of the more advanced Borgs are basically Brains-in-a-jar + Robot body (Wolfen Quatoria from Phase World, the 2000-series Borgs from Triax, some of Mindwerks' creations) but they aren't truly robots, as their brains still deteriorate at the natural rate (unless you have one of Mindwerks' implants that keeps the brain from deteriorating - and also drives you completely insane).
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Razzinold wrote:Is there a true machine race in Rifts? I'm not talking about cyborgs or skelebots, more like Exos from Destiny or the Robot from Lost in Space.
I'm not looking for any conversions, so please don't suggest any, I was just using those as a point of reference to help explain exactly what it is that I'm looking for. I have a player that wants to place a truly sentient machine race and the closest thing I could think of was an android, but that isn't what he wants. He doesn't want a human brain in a robot body, he wants true Neural Intelligent race of machines.

Outside of Rifts and the 3G there are "humanoid artificial life form/robot" found in the HU2 core book (page 93) and the HU: Aliens Unlimited (page 13) books in their Alien char creation texts. The HU:AU book also have may different types of races stat'ed out in it. They even have Rifts conversion notes if the GM will allow a race from another PB Game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Razzinold
Hero

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

Outside of Rifts and the 3G there are "humanoid artificial life form/robot" found in the HU2 core book (page 93) and the HU: Aliens Unlimited (page 13) books in their Alien char creation texts. The HU:AU book also have may different types of races stat'ed out in it. They even have Rifts conversion notes if the GM will allow a race from another PB Game.

The player told me that right now the GM is only allowing occs/rccs from Rifts, but I will suggest it to him just in case he changes his mind.
Razzinold
Hero

Thanks everybody for the help, and so quickly, I passed all the information on to the player. :ok:

Return to “Rifts®”