Weirdest Rift-In?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Weirdest Rift-In?

Unread post by DevastationBob »

What was the weirdest thing to ever come out of a Rift in your game? One of our games had an animated cartoon penguin named Yohan with a Fusion Block Launcher. He was a PC.
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Orin J.
Adventurer

Re: Weirdest Rift-In?

Unread post by Orin J. »

Some temporal shenanigans killed a character in a game of 7th seas.

i should specify, we were playing rifts in a game shop at the time while the 7th seas game was another group where the GM justified salvaging the adventure via a nuke we'd tossed through a rift as we had no other way to stop it from killing a lotta people.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Well it was more of a rift out, but i had a special forces character fall through a rift, and end up on the Battlestar, Athena, (from the original Battlestar Galactica series) when the Cylons ambushed and destroyed the colonies fleet. She did end up surviving and ended on the Galactica as it escaped the ambush, but because of where she was when she got on the Galactica the crew didn't actually find her until after the escape fleet had formed up and left the colonial space.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Clive a pink spider monkey with unknown but at least near human level intelligence who could teleport and was 'working' with a Tolkeeen Militia leader. Man he drove the players crazy... good times... good times.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Well this probably qualifies more as hack GMing rather weirdest but while playing Rifts Space the PCs were around I think Saturn and a random effect from something called for something to randomly rift in I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it so I brought in a whale and a bowl of petunias .

The truly weirdest thing I had rifted in was an old style haunted house filled with minor demons.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Did the bowl of petunias think, "Oh no, not again?"

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Did the bowl of petunias think, "Oh no, not again?"

"THIS IS MY KILL ERIN TARN BODY!!!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Daniel Stoker wrote:Did the bowl of petunias think, "Oh no, not again?"

Daniel Stoker

None of the telepaths in the group were within range to find out so my lips are sealed

taalismn wrote:"THIS IS MY KILL ERIN TARN BODY!!!!"

Trust me, if I heard this back then I would have used it.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
torjones
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by torjones »

DevastationBob wrote:What was the weirdest thing to ever come out of a Rift in your game? One of our games had an animated cartoon penguin named Yohan with a Fusion Block Launcher. He was a PC.

Classic Japanese Tentacle Monster. I rather expected the one woman who was playing in the group at the time to go all "Kill it with fire!" But she adopted it as a pet. I found out later that she was tired of "The Boys" going off to the bar all the time to get laid, and she never saw any action when she went to the bar. (She had always used the excuse of going to the bar to keep "the boys" out of trouble, so I took her at her word, and didn't have any of the bar patrons hitting on her. Since she actually did that with some regularity, I didn't know that that was "code" for "I wana get laid too!")

May The Force be with you always.
Torrey
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

A fae being with an Irish accent who always repeated what some PC said, and was always invisible and hiding behind someone. He also played pranks by hiding behind someone's head, say something insulting to someone, and watch the fight. Name was Sarcipius of S'Mee.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
hbrika
D-Bee

Unread post by hbrika »

I’d have to think on what was the weirdest but there were a few
I once had some sentient flowing spongelike creatures that lived in the sea come in through a Rift

The PC who was working with the Invid (Yes it was Robotech Earth where one of the Rifts opened) was catching them to try to figure them out.
Then he had nightmares when sleeping from the Invid Brain going through his thoughts.
Then that California campaign got dang weird….
This was way back in the day when I gamed in Windsor. Some of the Palladium guys used to visit and play in games next to us. Good times.
Never accept blindly, always question.

Give up free will at your peril.
foilfodder
Explorer

Unread post by foilfodder »

Using personal (in-character) experience only have to choose between:
a) alien race of not quite hive-mind psionics
b) super-powered speedster ninja with energy punches/kicks ( an old P.C. of the G.M.)
c) a classic xeno face-hugger from a copyrighted franchise. We were more scared of that thing than any demon or robot we ever came across....are you SURE there was only one?
Palladium System F.A.Q.s - viewforum.php?f=44
Find out you've been doing it wrong for years!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

foilfodder wrote:Using personal (in-character) experience only have to choose between:
a) alien race of not quite hive-mind psionics
b) super-powered speedster ninja with energy punches/kicks ( an old P.C. of the G.M.)
c) a classic xeno face-hugger from a copyrighted franchise. We were more scared of that thing than any demon or robot we ever came across....are you SURE there was only one?

I know what you mean by this. I brought in a group of mechanical spiders, from yet another franchise, that started disassembling the PCs ship to make more of themselves and they were more terrified of those things then some of the gods I sent them up against.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Crazy Hetz Transdimentional Castle. A large moving castle that has multiple personalities/souls. (1 AI, several demons, devils, elementals, spirits of lights and mortals that have had there soul and body trapped inside it. All are aware and control different parts of the castle and are fighting to control different parts.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

The PCs.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Blue_Lion wrote:Crazy Hetz Transdimentional Castle. A large moving castle that has multiple personalities/souls. (1 AI, several demons, devils, elementals, spirits of lights and mortals that have had there soul and body trapped inside it. All are aware and control different parts of the castle and are fighting to control different parts.

This sounds really interesting but also familiar. Did you post this before?

Jefffar wrote:The PCs.

What are your PC's
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Warshield73 wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Crazy Hetz Transdimentional Castle. A large moving castle that has multiple personalities/souls. (1 AI, several demons, devils, elementals, spirits of lights and mortals that have had there soul and body trapped inside it. All are aware and control different parts of the castle and are fighting to control different parts.

This sounds really interesting but also familiar. Did you post this before?

What are your PC's

I have talked about that NPC a few times here so it is likely. It started with me reading a web comic (girl genius) and there was a broke AI castle that AI fighting over parts of the castle and thinking that would fun in rifts to have players going through a castle and help one part take over sections. It grew as I fleshed out the plot hook.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

Truth!

Though, the strangest thing I've ever seen rifted in was some kind of chicken-dragon hybrid creature. Had to protect some nobles from a hunt gone horribly wrong.

Return to “Rifts®”