Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kronos
Hero

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
I've got an idea for an anti-magic Nega.. spell resistant scales, anti-thoren weapon.. but also want to give it a nice little punch... the Pico-Missiles from the Grizzly something or other Augmentation from Paladin Steel.. just not sure how the EShemarrians got it yet..

The upper echelon Paladins either know a lot more about the EShemar than they reveal to anybody else, and are cooperating with them on an unprecedented level....or the EShemar have infiltrated the GNE and PS incredibly deeply and may in fact be running the show in large chunks of the polity/corporation. :D

Hmm.. would be interesting if Shemarrian agents were high up in PS.. some even before the Shemarrian Civil War (due to those that went to space ended up going back in time and some returning to Rifts Earth and send a some supplies to the early rebels, discreetly).
Or a GNE/PS agent tried to infiltrate the Shemarrians, ends up becoming a dedicated NeShemar, and while feeding some info back, it's never the full picture, and just enough hints to keep them interested to keep the Shemarrians as allies or even potential business partners ??
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Given how much territorial overlap that the canon Shemarrian clans have with Greater New England, it would be impossible for there NOT to be some sort of coioperation between the two, or at least very intense mutual toilerance....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Geodd Shelters
(aka ‘Shroom-Domes’, ‘CuttleHuts’)
“We’re going to hunker down and winter over by Falgin Mountain. That might make us a little more vulnerable than if we’d kept mobile and marching south following the snow-line, but it will afford us some time to work on some projects we can’t do on the move. We can set up geodds for the duration; it will be nice to have a roof over my head and enough space to stretch my my arms out without touching both sides of my tent.”

Geodd Shelters are erectable ‘smart’ shelters that provide more protection than the standard Shemarrian survival kit tents, and more room, albeit at the cost of being static, than caravanser modules. Geodds are geodesic dome/conical accommodations, made of overlapping panels of ‘smart’ plastics, insulated and sealed with foam-plastic pumped into the inner spaces once the dome is fully erected. It takes about 25 minutes to set up a Geodd Shelter on a prepared base(compacted earth or leveled rock)
Geodd Shelters can be further covered by protective layers of cured monster hides, camouflage ghille-netting, or adaptive chemotrope camouflage skinning(similar to a cuttlefish’s adaptive mimicry) that adjusts to match the surrounding landscape.
Size: 18-25 ft tall, 30-50 ft wide at the base
Weight/Mass: 500-2,000 lbs
MDC: 120. More permanent structures can be made with appliqué materials, doubling or tripling the protection.
Special Features:
*Thermal Insulation----‘Smart’ linings that absorb heat and radiate it when saturated.
* Thermal Insulation-Infrared and Thermographic sensors are -20% to detect the shelter.
*Electronic Insulation- Radar, MAD, and EM sensors are -15% to detect the shelter
*Water-proofing---Sheds water and keeps out damp.
*Fire Proofing---Can handle temperatures up to 300 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do NO damage
*Airtight----Proofed against toxic gases and vapors. This requires, however, the installation of life support equipment such as air tanks or a recycler system, if the occupants require clean air to breath(in general, the average geodd shelter holds enough air to sustain four adult humans for up to six hours of normal activity).
*Earh Anchors---These prods secure and stabilize the shelter against wind and other forces. They also act as heatsinks as part of the geodd’s environmental heating and cooling.

Variants:
While the geodd shelter is used by virtually all tribes, many have their own special tweaks to the design.
-The Hawkmoons’ feature an integral top roost for various avian robots.
-The Radiant Edge’s shelters incorporate extra radiation shielding, decon locks, and extra life support.
-WayFinders’ incorporate special materials and are typically feng-shiued in the field such that occupants can gain extra 1d4 of PPE recovery per hour.
-DarkWaters have an extra-watertight version that can float on the water surface as a raft or submerged as a submarine habitat in shallow(80 ft or less) waters.
-Aurora Warriors have extra insulation against extreme cold,
-The SkyeKlad are virtually invisible thanks to optical distortion plates; -3 on perception rolls
-Sand Blades have moisture condensors built in to gather scarce water in arid desert conditions.
-Clan Vespa has programmed Rumblebee and MasonryBee drones to erect geodd shelters in as little as 15 minutes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Updated the Codex Masterfile on page 1.
Ye gads, but that's a lotta hardware!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

taalismn wrote:Updated the Codex Masterfile on page 1.
Ye gads, but that's a lotta hardware!

Indeed. Not gonna lie, have barely scratched the surface, if that, of the whole Eshemarr expanded continuity of yours.
Damn, i have yet to give Shemarrian Nation the deep reading it merits. :oops:
taalismn
Priest

"My robot...my GIRL robot...heheh."

"Okay, now that we know who's about to become extinct shortly, let's all move out to the parking lot and wait for the firetrucks to get here..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

A few Scava rounds

Frost Rounds
Frost rounds are developed by the Aurora Warriors for use against enemies that are vulnerable against cold, and trade these rounds with other tribes for additional resources they can't acquire themselves. The rounds are filled with a cryogenic material that absorbs thermal energy at an incredible rate. The rounds deal only 5d6 MD damage, but also deal 3d6 M.D. of incredible cold damage, plus target suffers -2 initiative, -1 to strike, parry, dodge and speed is reduced by 10% for 1 minute. This affects cyborgs and robots as well undead. Living mortal/Hit point creatures who are protected by non-environmental M.D. or magical armour are chilled to the bone and must roll to save vs numbing cold (14 or higher). Failure to save they suffer 1d6 S.D.C/Hit Point damage. Mega-damage beings, like dragons and demons must roll 10 or higher to save vs numbing cold. Failure to save means they suffer 1d4 M.D.
On a critical strike, or if the target failed their save by 5 points, the target's skin or armour freezes and becomes brittle, increasing the duration of the incredible cold penalties to strike, parry, dodge, and speed by +1d4 rounds. The next kinetic attack to hit the target (punches, physical melee weapons, railgun or other physical ammunition) deals an extra +1d4 damage (S.D. for S.D.C. creatures or M.D. for M.D.C. creatures and armour), plus bludgeoning attacks (punches, hammers, mauls, clubs, etc) roll for a critical strike on a natural 19 or 20. This lasts for 1d4 rounds.
Range: 3000 ft

Anti-Laser Rounds
These rounds are filled with anti-laser aerosol and particulates that reduces the effectiveness of lasers. The rounds explode at a programmed distance, or if they strike a target, filling a 30 foot radius area, lasting for 1 minute, depending on winds. Negates bonuses from laser targeting systems, lasers fired into or through the cloud deal half damage.
Damage: 2d6 MD to any target, affects 30 ft radius area
Range: same as weapon's normal range.

Vespid Rounds
These scava munitions replace the standard darts with number of Bee Round type submunitions. Using targeting information from the shooter, after firing and shortly before reaching the target, the outer casing breaks away and a dozen drone-like submunitions swarm out to attack the target with a central core penetrator which strikes the target, plus requiring the target to dodge each of the other 12 submunitions. Each submunition is not particularly powerful, but contain a small explosive to provide damage. Alternatively, the submunitions can be used to strike up to a dozen targets, if within 30 feet of a central target struck by the core penetrator. While not as powerful as normal scava munitions, the advanced targeting systems and the surprise of suddenly appearing submunitions that are highly mobile and able to target multiple targets, makes the Vespid round excellent for striking fast and nimble targets and multiple targets, or causing damage to multiple systems of a mechanical target.
Range: 75% weapon's normal range
Damage: Core penetrator 6d6 MD, each submunition 3d6 to a 2 foot radius area, 12 submunitions.
Note: Requires 1 action spent targeting (single target or multiple around primary, can even target specific parts of primary target). Target(s) must dodge each submunition, but suffer -1 to Dodge rolls. When targeting a single target, each submunition gains a +3 to strike rolls in addition to the shooter's to strike bonus, plus any targeting systems on the weapon. When attacking multiple targets, each submunition only has the weapon's or targeting system's bonus to strike +3, and each target must be within 30 feet of the primary target.
Each projectile is very small, attacks against them suffering -5 to strike, plus each submunition has +4 to dodge, has 5 MD.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:A few Scava rounds

Frost Rounds.

Adds new meaning to "Freeze, meatbag!"

kronos wrote:Anti-Laser Rounds.

"Do I get out from behind this cloud of smoke that's messing up muh lazer, or do I stay where it's given' me at least partial cover?!"
<<"Doesn't matter, meatbag, I'll just bombard the whole area!">

kronos wrote:Vespid Rounds.

"THAT WAS A MISS! A CLEAN MISS! YOU DON'T GET A DO-OVER WITH THOSE LITTLE BUZZY THINGS!!!!!THAT'S NOT -FAIR-!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:A few Scava rounds

Frost Rounds.

Adds new meaning to "Freeze, meatbag!"

kronos wrote:Anti-Laser Rounds.

"Do I get out from behind this cloud of smoke that's messing up muh lazer, or do I stay where it's given' me at least partial cover?!"
<<"Doesn't matter, meatbag, I'll just bombard the whole area!">

kronos wrote:Vespid Rounds.

"THAT WAS A MISS! A CLEAN MISS! YOU DON'T GET A DO-OVER WITH THOSE LITTLE BUZZY THINGS!!!!!THAT'S NOT -FAIR-!!!"

I think Clan Vespa may even make some missiles using Flit Strikers or larger versions as submunitions to overwhelm point defense systems, and good against swarming targets, with their advancements in microbots, they'd be even more accurate than standard smart missiles
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
I think Clan Vespa may even make some missiles using Flit Strikers or larger versions as submunitions to overwhelm point defense systems, and good against swarming targets, with their advancements in microbots, they'd be even more accurate than standard smart missiles

Yep, and the sight of a war-swarm of Xiticix all dropping dead within moments of each other because their breathing spicules got infiltrated by a cloud of destructive nano-flea-bots should TERRIFY anybody seeing this and connecting it to the Shemarrians.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:

Yep, and the sight of a war-swarm of Xiticix all dropping dead within moments of each other because their breathing spicules got infiltrated by a cloud of destructive nano-flea-bots should TERRIFY anybody seeing this and connecting it to the Shemarrians.

Very much so.
taalismn
Priest

"Gonna need thicker screen windows...." :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I was wondering.. if Clan Vespa produced more insect power armour/exosuits.. would they be merely variants of the K-72 Galang, or new enough they require new designations..
What would make something a whole new class vs merely a variant..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I was wondering.. if Clan Vespa produced more insect power armour/exosuits.. would they be merely variants of the K-72 Galang, or new enough they require new designations..

Well. the Galang 's supposed tp look like a ground-phase cicada larva, but if they came out with say a power armor that looked more like a giant dragonfly or a diving beetle, but could also act independently of a pilot, it would most definitely qualify as different enough to warrant its own designation. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

:ok:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:I was wondering.. if Clan Vespa produced more insect power armour/exosuits.. would they be merely variants of the K-72 Galang, or new enough they require new designations..

Well. the Galang 's supposed tp look like a ground-phase cicada larva, but if they came out with say a power armor that looked more like a giant dragonfly or a diving beetle, but could also act independently of a pilot, it would most definitely qualify as different enough to warrant its own designation. :bandit:

:ok: That's what I thought. So other beetles would definitely classify new type.
taalismn
Priest

Hell, even before Splicers came out, I was messing with the idea of giant Martian insects modified into living suits of armor, like flying wasp suits.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:Hell, even before Splicers came out, I was messing with the idea of giant Martian insects modified into living suits of armor, like flying wasp suits.

Speaking of Mars reminds me of that rewrite of the chapter on Mutants In Orbit that i have forgotten somewhere among my files...
taalismn
Priest

Arbitos---Steel Gaian Orseme(NPC)
(aka ‘Arbitos the Stalwart’, ‘Sergeant Backstop’, ‘Speedbump’, ‘Herculoid’)

“...I didn’t think you could stop a speeding vehicle like that!”

<<“ DO YOU WISH TO EXPRESS CONTRITION AND ADMIT CULPABILITY NOW, OR WAIT UNTIL WE BEAT IT OUT OF YOU?”>>

Arbitos is one of several oreseme developed by the Steel Gaians as ‘security robots’, but in reality were part of a competition with experimental systems and combinations of components gleaned from their neighbors’ tech-base.
Arbitos is a broad-shouldered, barrel-torso’ed, thick-limbed humanoid robot, covered in chromed studs and spikes on the shoulders, arms, and legs. Rather than a head on a twisting neck, Arbitos has an armored dome with armor-glazed sensor slits, giving the ‘bot all-around vision.
Arbitos’ designer focused on strength and durability; Arbitos can charitably be described as a ‘brick’, able to soak up damage, and deal it out in return...or exercise great restraint in using that strength. Arbitos’ armored skin is pretty much proofed against everything plausible, such as heat, shock, concussion, and chemical attack.The Steel Gaians furthermore took the forcefield generator workings of the PS-FC-30 Shield Warrior Full Conversion Cyborg, to further bolster Arbitos’ already impressively armored body shell(borrowing heavily from PS’s PSHEBA-10 Heavy Kinetic Body Armor ), as well as to give it projective protective abilities. Arbitos is usually the muscle on a team, providing a defensive bulwark for other team members, which has earned Arbitos various nicknames as ‘the Stalwart’, ‘the Castellan’, ‘Backstop’, ‘Rook’, and ‘Speedbump’.
On the downside, Arbitos is slow and cumbersome, and not always able to manuever freely in cramped quarters(the very mass and size that make Arbitos so effective a ‘walking bulkhead’ working against it). Arbitos’ strength can hold down a suspect once caught, but that catching, short-term, isn’t always certain. On the other hand, Abitos is persistant and powerful, and once it gets up a good head of steam(figuratively) there’s few things that can bar its path. Arbitos’ reflexes are also surprisingly quick, for those who think they can land hits before the hulking ‘bot can respond.
Arbitos is Awakened with a n Ecotroz essence fragment, giving the ‘bot a trace aura more like a living being. This ‘soul’ means that Arbitos has to occasionally rest(but this is often passed off as mandatory ‘down time; to ‘defrag’). It also gives Arbitos cerain abilities with regards to psychically taking over machinery and potentially infecting other machines with an Ecotroz essence, though Arbitos rarely exhibits or uses the first and has strongly considered taking the option of giving up the second in exchange for permanent resistance to certain banishment spells and measures.
Ironically, Arbitos would be the only one of the four prototypes developed under the ‘security -bot’ project to actually go into service with a Greater New England law enforcement organization, having chosen to join the GNE Marshals’ Service. Arbitos was last known to have been attached to the retinue of a GNE Marshal patrolling the Outstep Colonies.

Type: Shemar
Class: Robot, Oreseme
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence(Ecotroz-Awakened)
Alignment: Scrupulous
Disposition:
Taciturn and stoic; doesn’t speak much and then in clipped to-the-point phrases. Fearless and hard to perturb. Something of a dry-humored observer of criminal activity and organic lifeform behavior. Prefers being blunt, honest and straightforward, which others interpret as ‘scary as heck with the blatant displays of force’. Tends to speak in a slow, reverberating LOUD voice that carries and makes clear that Arbitos isn’t the sort fo take $#!+ from nobody when it comes to the law and proper behavior.
Arbitos is more a group-oriented follower than a leader, and works best as part of a team. For a given amount of ‘happiness’(or rather more like satisfaction) Arbitos is equally pleased to be a defensive bulwark or a battering ram in action.
Arbitos has developed some small interest in community-oriented service skills like masonry. As long as it doesn’t require the heavy ‘bot working high above the ground on rickety scaffolding, Arbitos can build walls, sheds, and foundations. The skill is also handy in building fortifications and strongpoints.
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 35 each
Arms(2) 110 each
80mm Shotgun 100
Legs(2) 120 each
Head 90
Main Body 375
Forcefield 160
Height: 7 ft
Width: 3 ft
Length: 2 ft
Weight: 1,400 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to IQ 13 , ME 19 , MA 6, Robotic PS. 40, PP. 18,.
P.P.E. (Ecotroz Essence) 8
Psionic Abilities: Object Read, Telemechanics, Telemechanical Possession, Telemechanic Mental Operation(No ISP cost)
Cargo: Concealed compartments in the legs hold small arms, extra ammunition/e-clips, handcuff dispensers, and other useful items.
Speed:
Running: 55 MPH
Jumping: 6 ft up/ 10 across standing jump. Increase height/distance by 50% with a running leap
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: 18 MPH running along the bottom, Maximum depth tolerance 1,000 ft
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Nanorepair System----An earlier, cruder nanotech self-repair system based on existing cyborg repair options. While working faster than the Shemarrian Regenerative System, the Nanorepair system relies on a fixed number of repair units. Once their MDC capacity is used up the entire system must be recharged from an external source; the Nanorepair CANNOT assimilate and convert new material on its own. Repairs 25 MDC per activation; 10 uses before needing recharging.

*Hand Weapon Energy Link---Arbitos has energy sockets in the hands that allow handheld energy weapons/rail guns to be powered by the ‘bot’s own nuclear power cell, allowing for effectively unlimited shots.

*EMP Shielding---Effectively immune to electromagnetic pulse, ion, and lightning attacks that disrupt technology, unless the ‘bot has taken 50% or more main body damage.

*Kinetic Protection---Reduces damage from punches, kicks, falls, impact damage, and concussive explosions by 1/2. Reduce damage from crashes by HALF.
*Chemical Protection----Reduces damage from acids and corrosives by 1/4
*Thermal Protection---Reduces damage from fire and heat by 1/4

*Extendable Regenerative Forcefield---160 MDC, regenerates at 30 MDC per minute(8 per melee), and can extended to cover a 12 ft radius.

*PPE Sensor---Considered standard for the polibot project, and adapted from a gunsight sensor package manufactured by Paladin Steel who, in turn, copied it from Japanese technology. The sensor has a 200 ft range(out to 400 ft with 50% error in determination), 60-degree arc, and can detect invisible entities. Other penalties similar to the Japanese SNARLS system(on which it is based.....see Rifts: Japan, pg. 116).

Weapons Systems:
1) 80mm ‘Pulverizer’ Shotgun----Arbitos can carry a modified belt-fed version of this powerful and intimidating weapon slung under one forearm. Rather than use an underbarrel tubular pump-action magazine, Arbitos uses a belt-fed recoil-cocked system. Though ammunition capacity is still limited, the sheer amount of damage the weapon can do is usually enough to quickly resolve a situation with just a few shots.
Weight: 220 lbs
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: (Solid Slug) 2d4x10 MD
(Fragmentation)5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
(Fletchette) 1d6x10 MD to a 30-degree wide arc, out to 500 ft, 4d6 MD out to 1,000 ft
(High Explosive)1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
(High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT))3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
(Plasma)1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(HESH )(High Explosive Squash Head) - 7D6 MD plus 7D6 SDC to the person(s) inside the object....Particularly effective against power armors and vehicles without a reinforced pilot’s compartment
Rate of Fire: Single shot per APM
Payload: 10 shots
Note: (Optional) Horror Factor---You thought the Bandito Arms BigBore was bad with an H.F. of 10? The Pulverizer has an HF of 13 pointed in somebody’s face...

2) Stun Baton-----Arbitos usually carries an oversized baton over one shoulder.
Range: Melee
Damage: It’s essentially a big neural mace. 2d4 SDC, and victim must save at 16 or higher is -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus speed and actions/attacks per melee are reduced by half, for 2d4 melees, plus 2d4 melees per additional strike. After being struck four times, the victim may be stunned unconscious(42% chance) for 2d4 melees. Upon waking up, the victim continues to suffer the stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.

3) Tazer Grip---Arbitos' fingers have electrical contacts capable of delivering a stunning, or even killing, charge.
Damage: (Adjustable)Light Prod: 1d4 SDC/HP
Moderate Prod: 2d6 SDC/HP
Lethal Zap: 5d6 SDC/HP, plus 01-33% chance of stunning humans, D-bees, and small animals for 1d4 melees, 01-33% against large or inhumanly strong/powerful animals. A successful save means victim takes HALF damage and only lose initiative and one APM.
Stun means -6 to strike, dodge, and parry, plus reduce APMs and Speed by HALF.
Being shocked on the strong/lethal setting for more than 5 times, or once the victim's Hit Points drop below half, means they are knocked unconscious for 2d4 melees. Chance of cardiac arrest as detailed in Rifts: Lone Star, pg. 50.
Ineffective against EBA, power armor, 'bots, and 'borgs.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively unlimited

4) Blast Studs----About half of the pointed studs on Arbitos’ body are blast studs, capable of delivering a powerful elecrical charge, and, at higher power levels, a contact blast of plasma, on impact of a fist or body block. And anybody attempting to grapple with the ‘bot will find themselves rudely surprised. Fully extended, they also make Arbitos look that much more intimidating.
Damage: Three settings; 5d6 SDC, 1 MD or 2d4 MD

5) Restraint Tape Dispenser---One finger on each hand can dispense lengths of restraint tape for restraining prisoners.
MDC: 2 MDC per foot of material. The adhesive holds with a PS of 30.
Payload: 100 ft roll

6) Use of Handheld Weapons--Arbitos can pick up and use human-scaled weaponry. Arbitos has been seen to wield a USP-12 Sonic Pistol when more subtle and restrained application of force is called for.

Programming/Skills:(4th level Awakened Neural Intelligence)
Language/Literacy:
American/English 94%
Spanish 94%
Gobblely 94%
Dragonese 94%
Shemarrian 94%
General Repair & Maintainance 80%
Intelligence 83%
Land Navigation 94%
Mathematics: Basic 98%
Military Etiquette 96%
Parachuting 90%
Pilot: Boat, Motor Type 86%
Pilot: Hovercraft 92%
Radio: Basic 94%
Climbing 96%/86%
Weapons Systems 90%
Hand to Hand: Expert
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Blunt(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
W.P. Sword(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
-Modern Weapons
W.P. Rifles(+3 strike)
W.P. MD Heavy Weapons(+3 strike)
-W.P. Energy Pistol(+3 strike)
-W.P. Energy Rifle(+3 strike)
-W.P. Heavy Energy Weapons(+3 strike)
-W.P. Shot-Gun(+3 strike)
-Ancient Weapons
-W.P. Chain(+3 strike, +2 parry)
-W.P. Shield(+2 strike, + 3parry)
-W.P. Pole Arm(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
-W.P. Staff(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
-W.P. Spear(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
-
-Locate Secret Compartments/Doors 35%
-Find Contraband, Weapons & Cybernetics 40%
-Detect Concealment & Traps 55%

-Technical
-Lore: Law 86%
-Lore: Demons & Monsters 86%
-Lore: D-Bee/Aliens 86%
-Lore:: Juicer 86%
-Lore:: Magic 86%

-(Has one program slot available against future Upgrades)

-o2 Wrestling
-o2 Boxing
-o2 Masonry 50%
-o4 W.P. Ax(+3 strike/parry, +2 throw)
-o4 Military Fortification 30%
-o4 ID Undercover Agents 30%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative + 3
Dodge +5
Parry +6
Strike +4 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +3
Disarm +2
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Pin/Incapacitate on a Natural 18-20
Save vs Exorcism and Banish spells +7
Save vs Psionics/Insanity +2
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch( 2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Crush/Squeeze 1d6 MD
Tear/Pry 1d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 2d4 MD
Kick 3d8 MD

Limitations:
Ecotroz do occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment, but by sacrificing their ability to use their psionics on other machines, or by effectively becoming ‘sterile’; unable to infect other machines)

Special Equipment
Besides its heavy 80mm shotgun and baton, Arbitos usually carries a heavy shield(MDC: 180) and a sonic stun pistol. Anything else the ‘bot needs is provided by the GNE Marshals’ Service
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Just got my Kickstarter preview copy of Titan Robotics. I haven't read it yet, but just looking at some of the Index, new toys and some interesting ideas to play with.
Will be interesting how we're going to incorporate it into the EShemarrian Timeline.. There's a part about Factory #2, a new synthetic race, only a page for the Shemarrians.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Just got my Kickstarter preview copy of Titan Robotics. I haven't read it yet, but just looking at some of the Index, new toys and some interesting ideas to play with.
Will be interesting how we're going to incorporate it into the EShemarrian Timeline.. There's a part about Factory #2, a new synthetic race, only a page for the Shemarrians.

Rest assured, we will subvert the new material. The EShemar alternate timeline stalks and mugs the canon worldline for material, and turns out Hagan's pockets for spare change.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Just got my Kickstarter preview copy of Titan Robotics. I haven't read it yet, but just looking at some of the Index, new toys and some interesting ideas to play with.

Rest assured, we will subvert the new material. The EShemar alternate timeline stalks and mugs the canon worldline for material, and turns out Hagan's pockets for spare change.

Then breaks into the house, stealing everything not bolted down and digs through the couch cushions.
taalismn
Priest

...and tosses the sock drawers...but puts the toilet seat down on the way out.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

EcoS-K-188 Veloxdentz

The Veloxdetz is a light cavalry warmount developed by the Thousand Dragons tribe in their earlier years, but actually went unknown by the larger Shemarrian community due to any records of their use outside of the tribes were destroyed. While some scholars argued in restructuring the numbering to fit the Veloxdetz in when it was first developed, they found it much simpler to give it the next free designation to keep from having to redo their indexes.
Veloxdetz resemble slim, but lean, red dragons but in various browns that blend in with sand, earth and stone, with only a small crest of horns on the back of their heads, with the end of the nose and jaw reinforced with a sharp, curved bone, capable to penetrating armour. The legs are longer than a similar sized red dragon, giving it good clearance allowing to run and move over many obstacles. The wings are lacking membranes, leaving the main bone structure with a few of the 'fingers' that make up the wings, but are shorter than its size would require for flight, if there was membranes, making the warmount incapable of flight. These 'wings' have sharp bone edges, allowing them to slash or stab with the 'fingers' in a manner similar to the spines on the Monst-Rex. The long tail, besides serving as a balance, is strong enough to allow the Veloxdetz to hang from, even with a rider, and normally ends in a blade, although a light energy weapon can be installed. Besides the fangs, claws, tail and 'wings' for weapons, the mouth contains a dual mode plasma cannon that switches from a standard shot to a shorter range flamethower. The eyes contain standard eye lasers, and there are mounts above the base of the 'wings' to house a single weapon system each similar to those used on the Monst-Rex or those similar to the Sherak. Alternatively, the 'wings' can be removed to allow for either an additional set of weapons or for a set of heavier weapons to be instead of the standard Monst-Rex and similar mounted weapons. To fill their role as light cavalry, Veloxdetz are fast, agile, but have light armour, but the scaled armour is resistant to plasma weaponry.
The Thousand Dragons use Veloxdetz as quick and light cavalry, leading charges of infantry, and able to reposition quickly, and as rapid response units around their camps and as scouts. When not in combat, many warriors will use Veloxdetz as racing mounts as they love to run, usually in races with many obstacles and rough terrain.

Type: EcoS-K-188 Veloxdentz
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence, Awakened with an Ecotroz essence
1 rider/pilot
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 270
Head 95
' Wings' (2) 150 each
Legs (4) 190 each
Tail 180
Height: 8 ft at top of the back
Width: 8.5 ft, the 'wings have a reach of 10 ft each when fully stretched.
Length: 21 ft +16 ft of tail
Weight: 3,600 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 230 MPH
(Leaping) Can leap 40 ft up/across, while a running start at 60 MPH or more adds an additional 8d6 yards/meters across, and 15 ft higher.
(Climbing) The Veloxdentz is an accomplished climber; can climb at a skill of 90%.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) The Veloxdetz can swim quite well, although they are not fond of swimming; 15 MPH.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Veloxdetz have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Kirillian Vision Optics---Similar to the Japanese SNARLsystem.

*Thermal Refractory Armor----Special heat-resistant materials designed originally for reentry vehicle shielding. Heat and plasma-based attacks do 1/4 damage.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers (2) --- Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Plasma Cannon ---- The Velodetz mounts a dual mode, high-powered plasma cannon inside its mouth; just open wide and shoot.
Range: 2,000 ft, 100 ft long 50 ft wide cone plasmathrower
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast, 4d6 MD plasmathrower
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee

2) Wing Blades (2) --- The wings are edged with slashing vibroblades
Range: Melee with 10 ft reach
Damage: 2d6 MD on a sideswipe/slash or stab.

3) Claws (4) ---- The Cyvern mounts four sets of raptor-like claws, one ventral and one dorsal. In additional to slashing rakes, the claws can also be used to hook and drag targets.
Damage: 2d6 MD

4) Weapons Slots (2) ---- The Veloxdetz sports two mounts above the roots of the 'wings' that allow the standard warmount weapons similar to the Monst-Rex, but can also use those similar to the Sherak using infantry level weapons. Alternatively, if the 'wings' are removed, can mount two of the same weapons in each mount, or a heavier weapon system.

5) Tail Blade ---- The tail mounts a wicked blade with a 16 ft reach. The tail blade can be replaced with an energy weapon equivalent to an infantry level rifle.
Range: Melee 16 ft reach
Damage: 1d6 MD slash or 2d4 MD stab.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following in addition to normal Monstrex programming:
Camouflage 50% (+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity), scale colouring lets it blend in with sandy, dirt or rocky environments.
Prowl 65%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Sherak intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore.
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 9 (2 of which are arm attacks, one of which is a tail attack)
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +7
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +5
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Bite 2d6 MD
Restrained Claw Strike 1d4 MD
Pounce/Leap Attack (2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Veloxdetz an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Volexdetz are aggressive, cunning predators but are incredibly loyal, similar to Shemarrian wolves and love to run, and quite enjoy chasing moving targets. Though warm and affectionate with their riders and tribesmembers, they are hunters of just about everybody else, if only in practice.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:EcoS-K-188 Veloxdentz

The Veloxdetz is a light cavalry warmount developed by the Thousand Dragons tribe in their earlier years, but actually went unknown by the larger Shemarrian community due to any records of their use outside of the tribes were destroyed. While some scholars argued in restructuring the numbering to fit the Veloxdetz in when it was first developed, they found it much simpler to give it the next free designation to keep from having to redo their indexes. .

Yep...that's what developing in isolation will do to you...your 'ancient history' is all brand new to your relatives when you reunite! :bandit:

Adding this to the Master Codex.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Skin-Skazzer---Interrogation/Sensory Enhancement Drug
(aka ‘Slap-bracer’, ‘Nerve-bracer’. ‘Skiz-wax’, ‘Skin-jazzer’)
**BEEP**
***”Hello, you have reached the comm-node of Domimatrix Luscious Tickletorment. She’s currently occupied with other activities at the moment-
(background sound of a scream turning into hysterical giggling)
-breaking her latest pet’s willpower to mush, but if you leave your contact information and a brief message, she will contact you as soon as she can. Thank you for your patience.”***
**BEEP**

Skinskazzer is a chemical developed by the EShemmarian Domimatrixes as an interrogation drug(though it may have its origins in a treatment meant to improve cybernetic connectivity, either developed by the EShemarrians themselves or copied from another source through espionage); the skin-absorption nerve agent stimulates sensory nerve cells, making the victim hypersensitive to tactile stimulation.
Sprayed on bare skin, skinskazzer causes the tactile senses to become hypersensitive. Save versus non-lethal poison; on a failed save, the victim’s ME is HALVED for purposes of resisting torture/interrogation when tactile stimuli (pain or pleasure) are used(in the alternative, +15% to Interrogation/Seduction skills when using tactile stimulation. The victim is also more susceptible to pain; lower knockout/stun strike thresholds by -1d4. The effects last 1d4 hours.
A diluted form of the chemical has been used by organic members of the Tribes to enhance their tactile senses. Used as a body spray, it increases(provided the areas sprayed are left uncovered ) motion awareness around the person(+1d4 to Perception. +1 on initiative) without becoming excessively susceptible to pain. If only the hands are sprayed/dipped, the person gets a +10% to skills requiring a fine touch, such as Pick Pockets or Sewing. Again, effects last 1d4 hours.
Cost: If made available on the black market, Skinskazzer could bring 60 to 70 credits a full body dose(that’s six hand applications).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

EcoS-K-189 Buffahorn

The Buffahorn is a large, brown, bulbous bodied dragon, a set of wings at the top of its back, a set of large horn-like spines that curve back line its spine and down its thick, short tail. Multiple short spikes cover its body. The relatively small head on a nearly nonexistent neck has a set of three curved forward horns, two that extend from the sides just behind the wide jaws, and one on the top. Surprisingly for a Thousand Dragons mount, it is surprisingly docile, due to its role as a support unit. Inside the bulbous body, which is capable of expanding to nearly twice its size, is a nanofactory and systems for breaking down raw materials and turning it into repair nanites and ammunition. While a support unit, it is not expected to engage in combat, it can defend itself, as the spikes that line its body can be fired at surprising range to strike at would be attackers, and it has a potent, if short ranged plasma flamethrower mounted in the mouth. If wild creatures start to harass the buffahorn, it can inflate its body to double its size to warn off natural predators. This ability also allows it to store great amounts of raw materials and stored repair nanites and ammunition. Its saliva can be used to quickly aid in repairing warriors and warmounts, similar to the Barnardus.
The Thousand Dragons keep groups of buffahorns in their encampmments and war camps to help repair and replenish munitions. Besides the Thousand Dragons, buffahorn have been spotted amongst Horrorwoods, Clan Armorand and one has been seen with the Radiant Edge, although has much darker colourings and appears to be flightless.

Type: EcoS-K-189 Buffahorn
Class: Robotic Warmount, support
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1000
Head 280
Eyes (2) 60 each
Front Legs (2) 250 each
Rear Legs (2) 250 each
Tail 320
Wings (2) 200 each
Height: 29 ft 55 ft inflated
Width: 26 ft, 32 inflated, wingspan 60 ft
Length: 27 ft torso, plus 10 ft of tail
Weight: 120 tons without stored material or extra nanites or ammunition
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms, can carry 80 tons of raw material (about 500 MDC worth of material) ammunition and nanites within itself.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 60 MPH
(Leaping) Can make an unassisted leap of 10 ft up/across
(Flying) 150 MPH, maximum altitude 5000 ft
(Underwater) Can swim 20 MPH, maximum depth 300 ft.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 90 mile range) and other standard robot-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Buffahorns have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 300 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Molecular Analyzer---Allows the Buffahorn to track by scent (75%), typically used to track useful organic materials for its nanofactory.

*Healing Saliva --- Similar to the Bernadus, its saliva actually delivering a dose of repair nanites that add 40 MD in repair potential to an existing regeneration system, or a one-time repair ‘bandage’ of 4d6 MD to those without. Internal reservoir holds 300 applications of repair nano, regenerates at a rate of 1 application per 30 min using 60 MDC material. By laying down on a damaged/injuried Shemar or cyborg, the Buffahorn can also fuse its power systems and boost the android’s power systems or the cyborg’s life support as a sustainer. The Buffahorn will also scan the damaged robotics/bionics and provide a diagnostic update to rescuers, and has programming for First Aid/General Repair and Maintenance, both at 90%, Excavation/Mining at 80%, and the Rescue Protocol Program at 85%.

*Nanofactory --- Within the Buffahorn is an apparatus that uses excess ingested MD material, and suitable SD material, creating additional repair nanites that it can 'regurgitate' as ingots which can be ingested or applied to Eshemarrian warriors, warmounts and e-nimals to replenish their nanite repair systems in 60 MD lots, requiring 75 MDC worth of material. The system can also create solid munitions and some specialty munitions that can be made with simple chemicals, or those not requiring special materials and complex designs (explosive, high explosives, armour piercing rounds, but no nanite based or plasma for example). It can create ammunition from standard infantry munitions to large munitions, as long as not larger than 1.5 feet in diameter and 5 feet long. Unfortunately can't create missiles, but could create basic warheads for rockets or grenades (again no plasma or specialty, but explosive and fragmentation are possible).
-50 high explosive (OR 30 incendiary/ acid) grenades/shells/limpet mines, or 100 rounds of solid rail gun ammunition per hour, if properly fed with the right materials.
-(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) rounds for Gundragon take 80 MDC for per round and 60 minutes.
-Armor-Piercing Solid Slugs for Gundragon take 50 MDC for per round and 30 minutes.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers (2)---These are larger and more powerful versions of the standard Shemarrian warmount eye-lasers able to fire with equal range underwater. Their accuracy has been improved by advanced targeting systems, making them better suited for dealing with aerial targets, such as missiles, flying monsters and flying power armors.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 6d6 MD both eyes
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Bonus: +4 to strike

2) Plasma Breath --- The Buffahorn has a powerful, wide area, but short ranged plasma flamethrower to defend itself, and also used for breaking apart and melting MDC materials for it to digest and feed its nanofactory
Range: 100 ft long, 20 foot wide line. Double in space
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: 3 times per melee

3) Spike Burst --- The spikes that cover the Buffahorn's body can be released, striking anything within range.
Range: 50 ft radius sphere around it.
(Air) 75 miles
Damage: 3d6 MD
Rate of Fire: 2 per melee round
Payload: 5 uses, regenerates 1 use per hour.
Bonuses: Targets over 20 feet suffer -2 to dodge, every 10 feet over 20 feet a target is takes an additional 1d6 MD damage.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the basic Monstrex programming with an Intelligence of 9.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Lagiarus intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +1
Strike +5 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +6
Parry +2
Pull +3
Bite 1d6 MD
Power Bite (2 attacks) 3d6 MD
Head Butt 2d6 MD
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Punch/Claw 2d6 MD
Power Punch (2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Crush/Pry/Tear 1d6 MD
Kick 2d4 MD
Body Block/Tackle/Ram 5d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Buffahorn an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Buffahorn is quite docile and prefers to graze on materials to feed its nanofactory and regurgitate the finished products in camps. When threatened it will inflate to double in size and roar, with surprisingly loud roar, with a Horror Factor 14.
Has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to proficiency, but DOUBLE the range.
*See Aura
*Presence Sense
*Sense Magic

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. Points (most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by kronos on Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Destroyer Nanite Upgrade
(aka ‘Blood-Burn’)
“It matters not what I suffer; if we succeed, I will be healed back up to prime by the Healers upon our triumphant return and this will be but a flesh wound, but if we fail, there is no coming back for us. I will BLEED for the success of this mission, let my blood rot our enemies’ weapons from the inside! ”

This is less an Upgrade and more a hack application that turns an EShemarrian;
‘s regeneration nanites into corrosive destroyers. By reprogramming the nanites normally used in their ‘healing’ process, the EShemarrian can weaponize her or his ‘blood’.
To use this application, the EShemarrian must cut themselves or take damage (1 MD damage at least) and release an amount of their nanite-transport ‘circulatory fluid’/’blood’ that acts corrosively on any materials it comes in contact with. Thus, an EShemarrian’s blood-spatter can act as a persistant weapon.
It being easier to destroy than construct, the repurposed nanites do more damage and faster than they would be able to normally rebuild. Also, once away from the EShemarrian’s energizing body-field, the nanites burn through their reserves of energy far faster, and destroy themselves in the process.
Destroyer -reprogrammed nanites do 4d6 MD per melee, for 1d6 melee rounds.
The downside of this app is that each use of the corrupted nanites deprives the EShemarrian’s self-repair system of capacity; a general rule of thumb is that each use of the weaponized blood-nanites takes 5 MDC away from the EShemarrian’s MDC reserve; so if an EShemarrian caste is listed as having a 60 MDC reserve stock for regeneration purposes, in theory they can use the destroyer nanite ability 12 times before losing capability to self-repair, until their nanites are restocked. Until that happens, the EShemarrian will have to seek other means of repairing any damage they take.
Destroyer Nanites can be offered as an Upgrade, but an EShemarrian with the right skills can attempt to hack their own Cybernanite Repair Systems using Computer Programming(at a penalty of -25%), Artificial Intelligence (-29%), Computer Hacking(-15%) or Nanotechnology(-10%).
The Destroyer Nanite hack is most common in sabotage operatives such as the Yurei caste. Some Berserkers also take it in order to do additional damage to opponents they face in close combat( does autimatic damage to melee weapons cutting the gynoid’s integument, otherwise the EShemar must use an APM with no bonuses to strike to deliberately spray an opponent with their nanite-blood) .
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

taalismn wrote:.
Destroyer Nanites can be offered as an Upgrade, but an EShemarrian with the right skills can attempt to hack their own Cybernanite Repair Systems using Computer Programming(at a penalty of -20%), Artificial Intelligence(-15%) or Nanotechnology(-10%).
The Destroyer Nanite hack is most common in sabotage operatives such as the Yurei caste. Some Berserkers also take it in order to do additional damage to opponents they face in close combat( does autimatic damage to melee weapons cutting the gynoid’s integument, otherwise the EShemar must use an APM with no bonuses to strike to deliberately spray an opponent with their nanite-blood) .

Couldnt they also use the actual Computer Hacking skill?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
taalismn
Priest

NMI wrote:[
Couldnt they also use the actual Computer Hacking skill?

We....that too.... :o
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:EcoS-K-189 Buffahorn
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1000
Head 280
Eyes (2) 60 each
Front Legs (2) 250 each
Rear Legs (2) 250 each
Tail 320
Width: 26 ft, 32 inflated).

a\Added to the codex...
Minor nitpicks:

Wing MDC?
Wingspan?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:EcoS-K-189 Buffahorn
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 1000
Head 280
Eyes (2) 60 each
Front Legs (2) 250 each
Rear Legs (2) 250 each
Tail 320
Width: 26 ft, 32 inflated).

a\Added to the codex...
Minor nitpicks:

Wing MDC?
Wingspan?

Oops, thought I missed something but couldn't remember. I'll fix it tomorrow
taalismn
Priest

That's why we have peer review. :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

That's why we have peer review. :wink:

Fixed
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian Shoc-Ball

The Warrior reached down and deftly plucked the starfished black pod from the back of the still-quivering prisoner. Even freed from the device’s shocking touch, however, the captive wasn’t going to be getting back up any time soon, limbs jerking in spastic uncoordinated fashion, lips moving in a pained grimace as voluntary muscle groups clenched and flexed involuntarily.
“And that is why you do not attempt to escape from us.”

The Shoc-Ball is another ‘reduced lethality’ weapon used by the Shemarrians/EShemar to capture other beings(especially robotic or bionic beings). The Shoc-Ball is similar to the Overload Net, and in fact appears to have been developed to overcome some of the limitations of that device.
The Shoc-Ball is a hand-sized sphere that is thrown as a grenade, but when it makes contact with a target(or is triggered by its proximity detector) it opens up into an eight-armed starfish-like configuration, that then adheres using small molecular adhesion pads. The Shoc-Ball then begins pumping a powerful disruptive electric charge into its target.
Though fully rechargeable and reusable, Shoc-Balls are frequently fitted with a self-destruct mechanism to prevent their being recovered and used against their own creators(as well as to provide another incentive for the victim to surrender). The self-destruct charge can either be an anti-tampering charge that goes off when somebody tries to pry the Ball loose, or they can be remotely detonated.
Range: Thrown or slung. Shock effects are contact.
Damage: Humanoids struck with this weapon must save vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for for as long as the ‘Ball is attached and for 2D6 minutes after its removal. EBA defeats it, but partial body armor and heavy clothing provide only partial cover (-2 to strike).
Partial Cyborgs have a 75% chance of having their cybernetics disrupted for as long as the ‘Ball is attached and for 1D10 minutes after its removal, and a 30% chance of a non-vital system being permanently shorted out. Full conversion cyborgs have a 55%/15% chance, and Assault Cyborgs and those with hardened systems aren’t affected at all.
The Shoc-Ball CAN be pried off the target, but it is very difficult, requiring a combined PS of 30(note that if being removed from an organic target, it will do 2d4 SDC being pulled off)
(Self-destruct)---High explosive charge that does 3d6 MD to a 6 ft radius.

Kinetic Strike Rocket-Projectile
(aka ‘Kissers’)
“Fast, cheap, disposable fun.”

“-damn, that was harsh...somebody managed to put one of those kill-rockets right up that DarkSlayer’s gun barrel! Ripped up the length and into the turret and blew it right off! And it was caught on vid, all the more incredible! Somebody had nerves of steel to line up that shot, or was very very lucky!”

When the Shemarrians of the Shemarrian Star Nation began encountering TransGalactic Empire forces in the Thundercloud Galaxy, they also began to become familar with the TGE’s arsenal, When they faced expeditionary and colonial guard forces employing DarkSlayer tanks, the Shemarrians also saw the tanks’ Kinetic-Kill Rockets in action. The Skullcrushers discovered they had a new love in the hardhitting weapons, and soon began copying them as they had the Kittanis’ weaponry.
KKRs (or KSRs) are scaled-down versions of the larger KKRs. They are 50mm superhard alloy penetrator warheads molded around a long rod of very dense material/metal(usually depleted uranium), mounted on a rapid-fatigue high-velocity chemical rocket booster, and fired from a disposable launcher. Being hypervelocity, they are that much harder to dodge, even when one knows where they’re coming from, but harder to aim. However, given Shemarrian targeting subroutines, accurate shooting has rarely been a problem for the cuberoids.
While their short range(compared to scava and other projectile systems) is sometimes an issue, KKRs are very effective anti-armor weapons and the Skullcrushers have taken to them. The weapons are also gaining favor with Clan Armorand as an ambush weapon. The rockets have notably been incorporated into a number of spear- and staff-like weapons and regalia, and thre are rumors of, in imitation of Kittani missile shields, similar pieces of equipment entering Shhemarrian service.

Weight: 25 lbs
MDC: 15
Damage: 4d4x10 MD, no area of effect. Critical damage on an unmodified 18-20.
Rate of Fire: Single shot
Payload: 1
Bonus: -2 to dodge
Penalties: Anybody not possessing bionic/robotic/supernatural strength and having an integral targeting system is -2 to strike wih these weapons.

Variants:
* KSRSp----This variant is mounted, spigot-mortar style, on the end of a staff, and doubles as a lance or spear head, until a simple propulsion charge in the lower section of the staff pops the spearhead missile free, whereupon the rocket charge ignites and sends the rocket on its way. Used as a regular spear weapon, the KSRSp does 1d6 MD +P.S damage.

* KSRWf----The Wayfinders have an enchanted variant that uses the Smokeless Burn spell to eliminate any telltale exhaust plume from the rocket motor. It also has the option of being coated in a Silverize(10 PPE), Hellseeker(5 PPE) and/or Hellfire(33 PPE) spell before firing, to increase its effectiveness against supernatural opponents.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Missileback Harness
(aka ‘Boom-fins’, ‘Shatter-Spikes’)
“The Shemar in the back? The really gaudy ones that look like gilded porcupines with all those spikes coming off their backs? They’re more than funny-looking; they’re artillery troops. Up close and personal artillery troops. They don’t look so funny when they start sprouting fire bursts and raining missiles down on you.”

Inspired by observation of Triax VX-500 cyborgs and their back-mounted mini-missile launchers, Missileback Harnesses are essentially the same thing, only detachable. Up to eight two-shot tubes can be worn by a typical Warrior, for a total of sixteen missiles. A cyberlinkage allows the wearer to initiate firing. Once the tubes are emptied, if the need arises, the cyberoid can quickly shed the array for restored mobility.
The NIghtmares have become fond of the Missileback, making the missile tubes look like organic spines or fins and adding sharp edges. Others, especially the Silvermoons, often attach banners and streamers to the tubes, making them look like some sort of war-regalia or panoply. Soem Clan Immensis members have been seen sporting as many as sixteen tubes on their oversized frames.
Weight: 38-60 lbs
MDC:
Mounting Plate/Harness +30 to Main Body
Mini-Missile Tubes(2-8) 25 each
Penalties: -1 to dodge/roll, due to encumberance, if a full eight tubes are worn.
Weapons Systems(Mini-Missile Launchers, 2-8 tubes)
Range: Varies by missile type(Mini-Missile)
Damage: Varies by missile type(Mini-Missile)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-2(all) per tube
Payload: Two mini-missiles per tube
Options:
*Blade Edges---This adds a molecularly-sharpened edge to the tube housing, making it harder for others to grab hold of the protrusions and also making it easier for the wearer to get through potentially entangling underbrush and obstacles. Does 1 MD per spike-tube on a bodyblock/ram.

Variants
-Some heavier types, packing three or four missiies per tube and having 35 MDC per tube exist.
-A micro-missile-firing variant is also available, in which case each tube can be loaded with 12 15mm microisisles, or 10 20mm micromissiles.
-A varient holding Flit-Striker projectiles, is also available.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

"So, Sister, when are we going to see what all we inherited from ARCHIE-3's closet?"
"Soon, Sister, soon."
"Now?"
"Later."
"You said that before. But later is now."
"...I am NOT redoing that stupid 'SpaceBalls' skit with you, Sister."
\"...aweeee..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

EcoS-KRP-T-61 Varanus

"Wow.. You have a lot of.. Uh.. Dragons."
"Oh yes, I do like some variety and utility." Sharp-Scale smiles as she reaches up and scratches the chin of what appears to be a young red dragon, except it had four eyes it blinked slowly while staring down at the new NeShemar. "Crimson Claw here is my preferred for working with the Blood Riders, while Lithium," she points to a blue reptile with white belly scales, "is quite useful against skelbots. And precious Amethyst," Sharp-Scale reaches down and strokes the cheek of a purple reptile that spreads its wings that look as if they were made from purple crystals and hisses affectionately, "just loves fighting mages."
The NeShemar shifts to the left with a suppressed squeak as a silver reptile slithered around her legs and fluffs out its wings before entwinning itself around Sharp-Scale's left leg. "Oh.. Watch for Chrome.. She's.. Extra affectionate.."

The Varanus are the Thousand Dragon's version of the AA10 Crested Jacu, miniature dragon-like creatures that function as scouts and assist in combat as other combat capable e-nimals, but can also function as weapons and support systems for warriors. The basic Varanus appears as a monitor lizard like creature, or small dragon, with four eyes, with the second slightly smaller pair back and slightly above the main eyes to improve the area they can see. Short, thick necks connect the head to the body, covered with reddish-brown scales, with a row of short flexible spines starting at the base of the neck which are part of their sensor systems. The bodies are a bit flat, with powerful tails. The legs are a bit longer than one would expect for their size, and wings that have extra joints for improved maneuverability while in the air.
In combat, they use their claws, bites and breathe weapons, which default is a plasma blaster that can function in a flamethrower mode or short burst for longer range. Like the Crested Jacu, they link up with a Shemarrian Warrior but laying against their back, wings wrapping around their torso for added protection, fore legs split open and wrap around the upper arms and the legs around the upper legs of the warrior. The head goes over one of the shoulders and the neck extends with the jaws opening to create a barrel. The systems of the Varanus and the warrior link together, allowing them to share senses and targeting systems and power, which allows the Varanus's breathe weapon to be more powerful. This grants the warrior additional protection, a rifle equivalent or heavier weapon that is hands free, additional area awareness with the extra senses of the Varanus, plus an extra melee weapon in the form of the Varanus's tail.

Type: EcoS-KRP-T-61 Varanus
Class: Robotic, Transforming, Warbeast, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 150
Head 60
Neck 60
Wings (2) 50 each
Legs (4) 60 each
Height: 3.8 ft
Width: 3.6 ft body, 15 ft wingspan
Length: 4 ft body, 6 ft tail, neck extended adds 3 ft to warrior
Weight: 200 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 20
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 5 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 95 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 260 MPH, 5,000 ft maximum altitude
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Swim 20 mph
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems --- ALL Varanus have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material. They can share their nanite stock with linked warrior.

*All-Round Senses --- The Varanus has multiple sensor spines, plus its extra set of eyes allowing it to see and sense anything around it, making it extremely difficult to be sneak up on. In additional to visually, it can sense wind, heat and vibrations within 500 feet all around it.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers (2; larger eyes) --- The Varanus mounts a pair of standard eye lasers
Damage: 2d6 MD single shot, 4d6 MD for a dual shot

2) Breathe Weapon ---- The Varanus mounts a dual mode plasma blaster inside its mouth; just open wide and shoot.
Range: 2,000 ft, 100 ft long 50 ft wide cone plasmathrower
Damage: 6d6 MD per blast, 3d6 MD plasmathrower

3) Claws (4) --- The feet are fitted with sharp claws that can rend armour.
Damage: 2d4 MD stab or slash each foot
Note: If the Varanus successfully bite and grapples the target, can make 2 free claw attacks, the target suffers -4 to dodge these.

4) Bite --- The Varanus can bite a target.
Damage: 2d6 MD bite, 1d4 restrained bite

5) Tail --- Vananus have powerful whip-like tails.
Range: Melee 6 ft reach
Damage: 3d4 MD lash/strike

*Transform --- While not quite the same transformation as the Crested Jacu, the Varanus does go through some transformations, its wings wrap around the linked warrior, linking together to add protection to their torso, its fore legs open and shift to add protection to the warrior's arms, and its lower legs do the same with the legs of the warrior, adding the MDC of the body and wings to the Warrior's torso, fore legs to upper arms, rear legs to upper legs. On a critical strike, one quarter of the damage is suffered by the warrior while 75% to the Varanus. The head and neck shift to the side and the neck extends to create a longer barrel for its breathe weapon, which is more powerful while linked to the warrior's power system.
Shared Nanite System - The Varanus's repair system links to the warriors, both boosted to 8d6 per hour and can share the stocks between the two for whichever needs more repairs.
Shared Senses - The warrior gains access to the Varanus's sensors, gaining +2 to all senses checks, +1 Initiative, gains +1 attack per melee. The Varanus can fire its eye lasers and use its tail at its discretion, although it can use its breathe weapon as it wishes, it typically lets the linked warrior designate targets for the breathe weapon.

*2) Breathe Weapon ---- The Varanus mounts a dual mode plasma blaster inside its mouth; just open wide and shoot.
Range: 3,500 ft, 100 ft long 50 ft wide cone plasmathrower
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast, 4d6 MD plasmathrower

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. The Varanus is RARELY ever Awakened, though; it’s seen as an expendable drone.
Typically has the following:
Radio: Basic 96%
Radio: Scrambler 96%
Navigation(Air) 90%
Read Sensory Instruments 94%
Math: Basic 96%
Pilot: Fighter/Combat Helicopter(for maneuvering purposes) 96%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2
Dodge +5 in flight
Automatic Dodge +3
Strike +2 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Parry +2

Variants
Pyro Vanarus - The Pyro Varanus has red heat reflecting scales, the plasma breathe weapon is more powerful, and its tail has a club with a plasma blaster that also releases plasma to enhance its melee strikes. Pyro Varanus are aggressive and when not in combat, enjoy sun bathing and will use their plasma breathe to create a bed of ash to lay on.
Following Changes:
*Thermal Refractory Armor----Special heat-resistant materials designed originally for reentry vehicle shielding. Heat and plasma-based attacks do 1/4 damage. This is applied to the warrior it is linked with.

2) Breathe Weapon ---- The Varanus mounts a dual mode plasma blaster inside its mouth; just open wide and shoot.
Range: 3,500 ft, 100 ft long 50 ft wide cone plasmathrower (in transformed mode range is 4,000 ft and 150 ft long, 75 ft wide)
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast, 4d6 MD plasmathrower (in transformed mode 1d6x10 +2 MD per blast to target and half to 10 ft area, 6d6+2 MD plasmathrower)
Note: The plasma blast in transformed mode deals half damage to 10 ft area around the target struck, those in the blast radius are -2 to Dodge the damage.

5) Tail --- Pyro Varanus have powerful tails with a club on the end that can be energized with plasma, or fire a small plasma blast.
Range: Melee 6 ft reach, 300 ft plasma blaster
Damage: 4d4 MD strike, +1d6 MD when energized with plasma, 3d6 MD plasma blaster

White Belly Blue Varanus - This Varanus is fitted with an ion blaster, capable to striking multiple targets. It has blue scales, with white scales on its stomach, as the name suggests. It has several spikes around the back of its head that has sparks of electricity that leap between them before it uses its breathe weapon. It can release a short burst of electrical damage around it as a form of defense. White Belly's seem jittery, but are incredibly curious and constantly looking around for anything interesting to look and play with.
Following Changes:
*Electrical Shielding --- Ion and electrical weapons deal only 1/4 damage, and immune to EMPs. When linked to a warrior, the warrior gains the resistance to ion and electric weapons, weapons that deal EMP damage deal only 1/10 damage.

2) Ion/Lightning Breath - The White Belly Blue Varanus has an ion/lightning breathe weapon, capable of arcing to multiple nearby targets.
Range: 1,000 ft (in transform mode 1,500 ft)
Damage: 6d6 MD per bolt to primary target. (in transformed mode 1d6x10 MD per bolt to primary target.)
Furthermore, a secondary bolt will jump to 1d6 targets in the vicinity of the main target, starting with the nearest target (or the nearest metallic target) as long as they are within 6 ft (10 ft for metal targets) of the initial target/point of impact, then jumping to the next one until the ball lightning dissipates. Secondary targets can attempt to dodge the energy ball as standard.
Secondary targets will take HALF damage (3d6 MD, 5d6 MD in transformed mode).
Does only 1/4 of the original damage if the secondary targets are nonmetallic or grounded
Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 16 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.

6) Shock Field ---- Creates a short range ‘shock zone’ shot for close-defense.
Range: Affects a 20-ft wide radius around the Varanus.
Damage: 2d6 MD per melee caught in the zone of effect
Payload: Effectively Unlimited, can operate for 5 melee rounds before requiring 2 minute cooldown period.

Imitative +3
Automatic Dodge +4
Dodge in flight +6

Silver Back Varanus - The Silver Back Varanus is coated in silver scales that are resistant to lasers and light based attacks, and has a laser based breathe weapon and enhanced eye lasers. They are quite agile and fast, also a little vain, preening when they can.
Following changes:
Increase MDC by 10% each location

Speed: (Running) 110 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 290 MPH, 5,000 ft maximum altitude

*Laser-Resistant Armor --- The Silver Back has mirror-like scales that partially reflect laser attacks; lasers do HALF damage. This is applied to the linked warrior.

1) Eye Lasers (2; larger eyes) --- The Varanus mounts a pair of standard eye lasers
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 6d6 MD for a dual shot

d) Light/Laser Breath ---- The Silver Back has a potent laser for a breathe weapon.
Range: 4,500 ft in atmosphere (in transformed mode 6,000 ft)
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast (in transformed mode 2d6x10 MD)
Rate of Fire: 4 times per melee
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:EcoS-KRP-T-61 Varanusd

..adn added to the Master Codex because the Wayfinders and Ghostriders can sometimes send enemies in full retreat or abbject surrender just by showing them a list of what 'standard equipment'; the EShemar can bring to bear on them.
"See what we can hit you with?"
:shock: "...ohmigods...."
:? "I'd like to surrender now..your cuffs or mine?"
" Humph! Cowards! "I for one am not about to be intimidated by a mere paper list-"
:thwak: WHAM!
:ugh: %%%...nergle....% : :ugh:
"There's a reason the Master Codex is printed on kelvar and bound in heavy battleship plate folders with titanium ring binders."
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Skullcrusher: "I don't think this is a good idea..."
BloodRider: "I second that...."
(They're both looking at the fifty-foot tall cylinder painted in dark blue, with silver stars and red flames emblazoned across its surface)
Ghost Rider: "...Is that a n Alpha and an Omega painted on it up there...?"
Lost Eclipse:"..I'm seeing it too, I think."
Wayfinder: (rolling up a ladder and carrying a coil of fuse-cord under one arm) "Oh, come on and show some enthusiasm for TRADITION! Show some PATRIOTISM! Some ENTHUSIASM! This will be a BLAST!"
Darkwaters: "Could you wait until I can reach really deep water?"
Hawkmoon: "Shouldn't you be doing this someplace safe? Like on the MOON?"
Silvermoon: "Hey, I like the Moon where it is and in one piece!"
Wayfinder:(ascending ladder) "It's for the HOLIDAY!"
Thawed NEMA Soldier: "I know what you're talking about, but even I have my...concerns about this."
Sapphire Cobra: "The Goddess suggests this is not wise..."
Wolf's Path: "Think maybe if we take her ladder away and leave her up there, she'll think twice about lighting this big sucker up?"
Horrorwoods: 'She might be crazy enough to fire it off anyway..."

Happy 4th of July. Be Cool, Be Safe!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

At last! I got my copy of Titan Robotics this morning!
I'll finally be able to complete y North American Kitbashed Robots tables!
And work a Titan Robotics corporate war into the EShemar continium!
My weekend reading is scheduled!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:At last! I got my copy of Titan Robotics this morning!

I've only got my digital copy, don't have my hardcopy yet. I've been watching for an email with a tracking number but nothing yet. Did you get a tracking number for yours?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

I've only got my digital copy, don't have my hardcopy yet. I've been watching for an email with a tracking number but nothing yet. Did you get a tracking number for yours?

Didn't notice. By the time I can check, though, you'll have yours. I ordered mine Tuesday August 1st, so it was over a week via USPP.

But I've already written up four pages of the Titan Schism and am working on the random roll tables for creating kludge-bots using Titan spare parts.... :D :bandit:

But only so much time in the day...and I intend to watch for meteors the next few nights. Still, I'll be hitting the caffeinated beverages to keep key-pounding.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Didn't notice. By the time I can check, though, you'll have yours. I ordered mine Tuesday August 1st, so it was over a week via USPP.

But I've already written up four pages of the Titan Schism and am working on the random roll tables for creating kludge-bots using Titan spare parts.... :D :bandit:

But only so much time in the day...and I intend to watch for meteors the next few nights. Still, I'll be hitting the caffeinated beverages to keep key-pounding.

I'm getting mine through kickstarter.. so it'll show up at some point?
taalismn
Priest

EShe-JPP05 CoronaWing Heavy Combat Wingpack
(aka ‘Double-decker Death-deala”, “Weapon-Wing’, ‘Wham-Wing’)

“Shemarrian ‘flying infantry’ does nearly as much damage as their airborne ‘cavalry’, and is more akin to getting stomped by dedicated ground attack close air support.”

“Damned if the EShemar didn’t clean up our gargoyle problem within a couple of weeks. I hear tell that the aerial fights in the mountains were SPECTACULAR.”

The CoronaWing is a heavy jetpack/aerial combat augmentation module similar to the Icarus Flight System. It is a collaboration between the HawkMoon and Thousand Dragons Tribes. It was at first mistaken for a copy of the Naruni Quad-Wing, but is now known to be an indigenous development, though later marks of the CoronaWing have benefitted from observations of the Naruni vehicle.
The CoronaWing uses a contragravity system in a heavy backpack. but uses four wings lined with small thrusters for aerodynamic maneuvering. armored legs enclose the pilot’s legs and hold additional powercells and thrusters, armored vambraces cover the pilot’s arms, and a prehensile tail doubles as a stabilizer rudder and anchor point. A powered exoframe gives support to the structure and enhances the wearer’s physical movements, though in running, the weight and encumbrance tend to slow down the normally fast abilities of the E/neShemar.
The wingpack is meant for robotically/bionically-enhanced individuals; the structure affords little in the way of enclosed cover to the pilot, who is largely exposed to the elements.
The most telling and obvious feature of the CoronaWing is its obscene(in the words of one observer) amount of weaponry. The lower wings mount three hardpoints each, the upper wings mount one heavy multibranched hardpoint and a heavy nacelle sporting paired direct fire weapons, and each forearm vambrace holds a brace of smaller direct-fire weapons. Fully loaded, the CoronaWing fairly groans under the weight of mounted ordnance, and only the antigrav gets it airborne, let alone cloud-cruising at any speed, but the CoronaWing hits like a larger combat aircraft. Unlike the smaller GunHawk and Dagger wingpacks, the CoronaWing IS capable of operating as a full-on semiautonomous combat drone, once cut loose of its pilot. Though faily sophisticated, the onboard AI CANNOT be Ecotroz-Awakened, not even as a myrmidon.
The CoronaWing is used by the HawkMoon, SilverMoon, WayFinder and Thousand Dragons Tribes. The EShe-JPP05 has proven very popular with EShemar units, slower waves of ‘flyig infantry’ backing advance units of aerial warmounts. CoronaWing pilots regard Naruni Quad-Wings as proper opponents, and even allied Quad-Wing pilots will be challenged to aerial contests to prove who’s got the better flightpack.

Type: EShe-JPP05 CoronaWing
Class: Heavy Combat Wingpack
Crew: One gynoid/android/full-conversion cyborg
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body* 290
Forearm Vambraces(2) 90 each
Legs(2) 120 each
Rear Dorsal Stabilizer/Antennae Fin 50
Tail 80
Wings(4) 110 each
Gunpods(upper wings)(2) 75 each

*Frame members offer partial cover to the rider, and attempts to target the pilot are at -4 to strike.

Height: 10 ft; 14 w/ rear stabilizer/antennae fully raised
Width: 21 ft wingspan, 5 ft folded
Length: 5 ft, 9 ft w/ wings folded; tail can stretch back 12 ft
Weight: 1.2 tons
Cargo: Only what can be carried strapped to the pilot or tied to a wing hardpoint.
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion Micro-Unit w/ 10 year energy life.
Speed:(Running)
(Leaping) Can only manage a stumbling leap of 10 ft up/across. however, can do a jet-assisted leap of 200 ft up/400 ft across.
(Flying) Hover to 500 MPH, no altitude limit
(Space) Fully operable in deep space where it can hit speeds of Mach 16.
Bonus: +1 dodge, +2 in space
Forearm shields have a +1 to parry
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes.
Systems of Note:
*Mini-Radar----10 mile range
*EM Detector---Detects radar and laser targeting
*Laser Targeting--- +1 to strike
*Motion Detector
*Wind Sensor
*Folding Wings---Outer wing sections fold up and back to reduce size for storage.

*Prehensile Tail---The stabilizing tail can curl around objects, such as potential stanchions , to anchor the flightpack in place, or it can lash like a whip or grab objects off the ground or out of midair(grips with a Robotic P.S. of 28). Soemtimes magnets or molecular adhesion pads are added to increase the strength of the attachment.

*Semi-Autonomous Operation:
-Basic Robot Audio/Optics
-Basic Power Armor-Grade Sensor and Communications Systems
-Radio Beacon/Signal Finder
-Navigation: 85%, Pilot Jet Aircraft 84%, Read Sensory Instruments 94%, Radio:Basic 94%
Bonuses: The UAV has basic evasion and combat programming: Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6, Dodge: +3, +2 strike w/ ranged weaponry.

Weapons Systems:
1)Forearm Gunpoints(4, 2x2)---Each armored forearm plate holds a pair of energy weapons, usually a matched set of the same kind.
a) Pulse Laser
Range:4,000 ft in atmosphere, 12,000 ft(roughly 2 miles) in space
Damage:(Variable) 4d6 MD or 1d4x10 MD per blast

b) Kinetic Ion Projector---Heavier version of the KIP-22 Ion Pistol
Range: 1,600 ft
(Scattershot Mode) 500 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD triple burst
Generates a concussive contact explosion that effectively does knockdown; human-sized targets must roll or surpass, on a d20, the shooter’s ‘to strike’ roll, or be knocked off their feet and back 1d4 ft, and lose initiative and 1 APM.
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage.
(Scattershot Mode) 2d6 MD to a 12 ft wide area

c)Plasma Projector
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast, 8d6 MD double blast

d)Particle Beam Projector
Range: 1,200 ft
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per shot, 4d4x10 MD double blast

2) Upper Wing Gunpods(2)---Two large nacelles holding direct-fire weaponry are mounted in the upper wing. A pair of gatling-lasers is standard, but other weapons types can be mounted instead. Both nacelles generally carry the same weapons, but mixing and matching for specific missions or personal preference is also possible.
a) Pulse Lasers(x2)---Long-barreled, six-chambered, gatling-style lasers firing in synch with each other. Adapted from the Long-Barrel Energy Rifles of the smaller ‘Gunhawk’ WingPack.
Range: 6,500 ft
Damage: 4d4 MD per shot, 7d6 MD three-shot burst, 1d6x10+25 MD six-shot burst, 2d6x10+50 MD for both cannon going full auto at once. 4d6x10+100 MD for FOUR canon auto-bursting simultaneously.

b) EShe-GrPB32 Particle Beam(x2)
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per shot, 4d4x10 MD double blast
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH.
Payload:Effectively unlimited

c) Ion ‘Lightning’ Cannon(x2)-----EShemar copy of the PSIC-03 “Scheffer’ Ion Cannon
Range: (Ion Bolt) 3,000 ft
(Spray Bolt)1,500 ft and affects a 15 ft wide area
Damage: (Ion Bolt) 1d6x10 MD per single bolt
(Spray Bolt) 4d6 MD to a 15 ft wide area
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage
Rate of Fire: ECHH.

d)Plasma Cannon(x2)
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast, 2d4x10 MD double blast
Rate of Fire:ECHH.

e)7.62mm General Purpose Machine Gun(x2)
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage:(SDC) 6d6 SDC single shot, 4d6 x10 SDC(1d4 MD) per 10 rd burst.
(Ramjets) 1 MD single shot, 1d10 MD per 10 rd burst.
(High Explosive)2d6x10 SDC single shot, 1d6 MD per 10 rd burst.
(Advanced High Explosive) 1d4 MD per rd, 1d4x10 MD per 10 rd burst.
(Tracer) Every 11th round is a tracer, which gives a +1 to strike with bursts. However, the tracer stream also makes it that much easier for enemies to backtrace and locate the machine gunner.
Rate of Fire: Standard; rated at 600 rpm
Payload: 250-rd belt per gun

f) Heavy Rail Gun--(takes up both slots)----Three-barrel rapid-fire version of the Shemarrian-4000 ‘short’ rail gun, but with three rotating barrels for burst fire. Short range, but excellent damage, and a gravitic baffle eliminates recoil.
Damage: 2d6x10 MD single rd, 6d6x10 MD three-shot burst
Rate of Fire: ECHH. A burst counts as one action.
Payload: 600 rd drum

g)Heavy Grenade Launcher--(takes up both slots)
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage:Frag rounds do 4d6 MD to a 12-foot radius.
AP rounds do 1d4x10 to a 3-foot blast radius.
Plasma rounds do 1d4x10+10 to a 5-foot radius.
Rate of Fire: Single shot or rapid-fire burst of 2-10
Payload: 60 rd drum

3)Upper Wing Hardpoints(2)--Outboard of the gunpods on the upper wing are slung two hardpoints, usually fitted with quite large missile pods.
a) MicroMissiles--- 56 -shot pod
b) MiniMissiles---27-shot pod
c) Short-Range Missiles---3-shot pod per hardpoint
d)Medium-Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint
e)Chaff/Flare Pod
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 18 per launcher

f)Point Defense Module---Features two mini-lasers, one covering the forward arc and the other rear arc, with an independent sensor system and auto-fire;.
Damage: 2d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH, 4 APMs in autofire mode
Bonus: +3 to strike airborne targets

g) Machine Gun Pod---A double-barrel mounting of the Shemarrian Assault Rifle, fed from several drum magazines.
Damage: A single barrel burst of six rounds does 4d6 MD, a twelve-round burst does 1d4x10 MD; cannot fire single rds. A double-barrel burst of twenty-four rounds does 2d4x10 MD.
(Optional)
(Tracer) Every 11th round is a tracer, which gives a +1 to strike with bursts. However, the tracer stream also makes it that much easier for enemies to backtrace and locate the machine gunner.
Payload: 540 rd drum

h)Flit-Strikers----10 -shot box per hardpoint

4) Lower Wing Heavy Hardpoints(2)----Inboard, the lower wing mounts two hardpoints plumbed for heavier payloads and accessory systems. Missile and gun systems are NOT mounted on these, because they sit behind the arc of the legs.
a) Freefall Bombs----Effectively adapted 80mm mortar shells. Can be dropped ‘dumb’, or can be fitted with a smart bomb guidance package(also adapted from ‘smart shells’).
Range:(Effective Drop Altitude) 4,000 ft
Damage:(High Explosive) 1d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Fragmentation)1d4x10 +5 MD to 25 ft blast area
(Armor-Piercing High Explosive) 2d4x10 MD to 6 ft blast area
Payload: 3 per hardpoint
Bonus: Bonuses: (Smart guidance)+3 to strike

b)Mini-grenade Dispenser/Launcher
Range: Can accurately drop them from as far up as 4,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD to 6 ft area
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-10
Payload: 20 grenades

c) Cargo Pod----A small amount of cargo or personal luggage can be carried in a streamlined pod, up to 60 lbs each hardpoint.

d)Chaff/Flare Pod
Range: Close Defense
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
Payload: 12 per launcher

e)ECM Pod-----A mini-radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 5 mile radius

f) Flit-Strikers----5 per hardpoint

g)Radar Jammer Pod---1.5 mile range. Jams radars and radar targeting systems with 60% effectiveness. Radar-guided weapons are -4 to strike. Note that this affects friendly systems as well unless they are set to specific, per-arranged, non-jammed frequencies(that it may be possible for the enemy to discover). Carrying extra jammer pods does NOT increase the range or effective bonuses of the system, but may provide redundancy and multi-wavelength coverage.

h)Forcefield Pod(takes up BOTH inner Hardpoints)---- 250 MDC and regenerates at 60 MDC per 5 minutes, but reduce energy weapon/rail gun rate of fire by HALF while this is going on.

i)Smoke Screen Dispenser---Generates a thick, obscuring cloud of dense smoke. Each blast covers a 40 ft area and anyone caught in the cloud of thick, obscuring smoke is -5 on all combat rolls. Has enough smoke-matrix for 6 clouds.

5)Lower Wing Light Hardpoints(4, 2x2)----Outboard on the lower wing are two smaller hardpoints that can accommodate light ordnance.
a) MicroMissiles---25 shot pod
b) MiniMissiles---3 each
c)Short-Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint
d) Light Machine Gun(takes up BOTH outer Hardpoints)
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage:(SDC) 1d6x10 SDC per 10 rd burst
(MD) 1 MD single rd, 2d4 MD per 10 rd burst
(High Explosive) 1d4 MD per rd, 1d4x10 MD per 10 rd burst.
Can also fire special rounds such as tracer, incendiary, silver and wood.
Payload: 200 rd drum

e) Ion Blaster
Range: 1,650 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per shot
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage.

f) Mini-Laser---These are the same lasers and mini-turrets as on the Flying Titan power armor
Damage: 2d6 MD per blast

g)Insectoid Dispenser----Can hold several dozen(36) robotic insectoids, such as the EcoS-D62cv Carapace Beetle MicroRobot, Eshe-R63Cvp Fiery Wing MicroRobot, or Eshe-R241Cvp Sanitateo MicroRobot, or 50-100 smaller nicro-robots, like Silvamite bugs.

h)Smoke Screen Dispenser---Generates a thick, obscuring cloud of dense smoke. Each blast covers a 40 ft area and anyone caught in the cloud of thick, obscuring smoke is -5 on all combat rolls. Has enough smoke-matrix for 3 clouds.

6) Melee Combat---
Wing Slash 2d6 MD
Punch---Sharp reinforced edging and exoframe enhancement add a +2 damage to punches
Enhanced Kick---Sharp reinforced edging on the legs add a +1d6 MD to kicks
Leap/Flying Kick(2 attacks)---Thruster-enhanced flying kick does 6d6 MD
Tail Lash 4d6 MD

7)Optional Use of Handheld Weaponry---Personal weaponry such as an infantry rail gun, energy rifle, or melee weapon, can be carried clipped to a leg or wing, and taken in hand for use.

Options:
*Drone Call---Popular with those who want the advantages of wings, but not the encumbrance; this feature allows the assigned user/owner to summon the wingpack via coded radio transmission. The wingpack can fly and navigate its way to link up with the summoner.

Variants:
* EShe-JPP05Sm-----Silvermoons model, redone in Laser-Reflective Chroming, virtually standard with the Silvermoons; lasers do HALF damage.

* EShe-JPP05Wf---Wayfinder version, enhanced with TechniWizardry, most notably LeyLine Float System, Ley Line Booster, Protective Energy Field, Impervious to Energy, and De-Icer. Other features, such as TW weapons, can be added as they are developed.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Toninis Delphus

The Toninis is an upgrade/variant of the Delphus Tibura, inspired by the South American myth of Toninas, dolphins that can turn into humans with other magical abilities. The Lost Eclipse developed and deployed the Toninis around South America to test the waters, spying on the groups in the area, using the myths of the Toninas to keep locals out of areas they were setting up outposts to base local operations out of. The Toninis functions both as an aquatic and land infiltrator, which works with the myths that inspired it, as well has magic support when the Lost Eclipse go to battle. Outside of South America, the Toninis are used for infiltration and 'haunting' locations of interest around shores and other aquatic locations.
Visually the Toninis uses a warrior based frame, although a bit broader to hold the extra systems, although the humanoid frame, while an enhanced version of the NeShemar (bio-engineered Eshemars are being looked at) original body, their physical looks are slightly enhanced to be more attractive, as well as quite physically fit. In the dolphin form, they have small strips or patterns that are bioluminescent when they use their magical abilities, which are also visible in their humanoid form, but otherwise appear as very faint tattoos.
Other than the Delphus Tibura systems, they are fitted with a PPE power stone and spell projector and systems, which are fitted with several spells, and can be used to power any magic the NeShemar had before for their transformation.
At the moment the Toninis is exclusive to the Lost Eclipse, but once the Dark Waters discover them, they will probably try to acquire the templates.
Make following changes to Delphus Tibura:
Reduce Bio-Armour base MDC to 150 MD +20 per level
+1 P.B.

(False Magic) --- Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems, the Toninis can seemingly cast various spells. Rather than use a PPE generator and technowizardry system, most Toninis use technological systems, cunningly formatted to look like magic (though, as can be seen under the Technowizardry abilities, they can be said to use ACTUAL magic). The advantage of using both faux magic and technowizardry is that the former can often operate under conditions that thwart regular magic(such as low ambient PP environs or anti-magic clouds), giving the illusion of some SERIOUSLY potent magic being wielded by the Toninis.

*Befuddle---A directed sonic effect, caused by ultra low frequency noises that affect the inner ear of most beings. Those caught in the area of effect must save vs non-lethal poison (16 or better) or be come increasingly dizzy and disoriented; -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, HALF APMs, and -15% to skills. Beings with acute hearing suffer DOUBLE these penalties. Range is 80 ft and covers a 25 ft wide area. Those with hearing protection(or without audio hearing) are unaffected. Can be used underwater with double range and must save at 18 or better.

*Miasma Cloud---A cloud of acidic vapor generated by the Toninis.
Range: 100 ft, and covers a 50 ft area. Cloud can persist for up to three minutes depending on local wind conditions
Damage: Acidic vapor does 1d6 SDC/Hit Point damage per melee of exposure. DOUBLE damage if inhaled.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 100 applications.

*Cloud of Protection---The Toninis can belch out a thick cloud of white ash that seems to catch and reflect light like a very thick fog. In reality it is a very fine laser-reflective chaff cloud made up of fine mica-like flakes suspended in the air. Range of 100 ft, and covers a 100 square ft area. Depending on local air/wind conditions, the cloud persists for 1d6 melees. Those caught in the cloud are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -1 to initiative, while the grit component will do 1d4 Hit Point inhalation damage per melee to those without respiratory protection, and lasers will do HALF damage in the cloud. 60 applications.

Flash Blinder --- The stripes and patterns on the Toninis' skin in both forms can strobe with blinding intensity.
Range: 60 ft and affects a 10 ft wide area.
Damage: Those without eye protection or polarized vision will be affected similar to a Blinding Flash spell; -10 to strike, parry, dodge for 1d4 melees. At a lower intensity and with mesmerising body movements, the strobing light can mesmerize them; roll versus psionic attack or be -3 to initiative, strike, dodge, roll, and parry.

Technowizardry Systems:
The Toninis has technowizardry systems, acquired from the Wayfinders, to provide some magical abilities for defense and support.
*Powerstone Power Matrix----300 PPE capacity, -Recharges at 5 PPE per hour, 10 PPE/hour at a leyline, 20 PPE/hour on a nexus or in a dimensional pyramid.
-Protective Energy Field (50 MDC and 10 minutes per 10 PPE)
-Chameleon (5 PPE per hour)
- Impervious to Energy (20 PPE per 5 minutes)
-Horror Factor/Horrific Illusion---Shock/Awe/Horror Factor of 14. Duration 80 melees (20 minutes). Activation PPE/ISP: 5 PPE/10 ISP
-Electric Arc (8 PPE, +2 strike 2d6 MD 150 ft)
-Charm (12 PPE, 20 minutes, 15 ft)
-Call Lightning (15 PPE, 5d6 MD, 300 ft)
Sickness (50 PPE, touch or 20 ft, 60 hrs)
-Luck Curse (40 PPE, 5 days, save 12)
-Calm Storms (20 PPE)
-Wirlwind (30 PPE 900 ft, 12 minutes)
-Wall of Wind (30 PPE, 15 minutes)
-Summon Storm (100 PPE, 90 minutes)

*Note that additional TW systems may be added by request of the Shemar in question.
SolCannibal
Champion

kronos wrote:Toninis Delphus

The Toninis is an upgrade/variant of the Delphus Tibura, inspired by the South American myth of Toninas, dolphins that can turn into humans with other magical abilities. The Lost Eclipse developed and deployed the Toninis around South America to test the waters, spying on the groups in the area, using the myths of the Toninas to keep locals out of areas they were setting up outposts to base local operations out of.

Pretty familiar with the folklore per se, but have never seen the Botos (river dolphins) refered to as Toninas in my life. At most it reminds me of toninha, that is a common name in portuguse for the porpoise. Well, guess things might be quite different for castellan speakers.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

SolCannibal wrote:
kronos wrote:Toninis Delphus

The Toninis is an upgrade/variant of the Delphus Tibura, inspired by the South American myth of Toninas, dolphins that can turn into humans with other magical abilities. The Lost Eclipse developed and deployed the Toninis around South America to test the waters, spying on the groups in the area, using the myths of the Toninas to keep locals out of areas they were setting up outposts to base local operations out of.

Pretty familiar with the folklore per se, but have never seen the Botos (river dolphins) refered to as Toninas in my life. At most it reminds me of toninha, that is a common name in portuguse for the porpoise. Well, guess things might be quite different for castellan speakers.

I got the name from the wiki that you have linked. As I'm not from the area I wouldn't know which is the proper version as there's more than one name.
If a local tells me the correct version, I'll make an update/change as appropriate.
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[ Well, guess things might be quite different for castellan speakers.

Or pidgin-Shemarrian speakers :D :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(subject to re-editing and revision upon any input from mu co-conspirators)

Titan Robotics in the EShemarrian/Shemarrian Civil War Universe(Expanded)
(after reading Matthew Celments and Sean Owen Roberson’s Titan Robotics sourcebook)

“There’s growing rumors of a takeover somewhere in the ranks of Titan Robotics...the regional cee-oh up in Mantisque’s done a lot of spin to cover up their troubles, but it’s getting obvious. Lots of crazy stuff being whispered in the tee-ar halls. Nobody’s certain what happened. Might be mind-possessing aliens , might be body-snatching demons, might be ambitious sorts overthrew the upper offices, but Titan’s starting to unravel. I’d start looking at other suppliers if I wuz you, just in case.”
---’Benny the Brain’, Black Market information broker, Merctown

“I ran into some of our people on the other side of the Pensacola, only they weren’t our people, I think. They had Titan equipment and Titan uniforms and made all the right sounds and signs, but my Aegis-ware wasn’t showing them ID’ing or battlenet-linking at all. We both made friendly gestures at each other, but parted ways as fast as we could, looking over our shoulders the whole way.
Boss, this whole business isn’t going to have us shooting at each other, is it?”
----Rex Pelton, Titan Robotics Security

“I’ve rarely witnessed an organization caught up in such convoluted conflict with itself as this.”
---Remark attributed to Thoth, viewing the Titan Robotics-EShemar conflict.

The emergence of the Ecotroz-EShemar and the Shemarrian Civil War has made a hash of the carefully established network of spies and trade contacts that would have otherwise grown strong. During the SCW proper, deliveries to Titan Robotics showrooms would be disrupted, and TR employees were warned about Shemarrian Warriors approaching them(then confusingly were told about ‘friendly’ Shemarrians---presumably unAwakened ARCHIE-loyalists----approaching them). By the time a comprehensive set of safe codes was established , the EShemar had already purloined quantities of raw materials and equipment(debugged) and made off back into the wilds to continue the fight against ARCHIE-3. Often, entire TR facilities would be temporarily evacuated while ‘special security measures were implemented’, when the Shemarrian Civil War drifted too close or ARCHIE and Hagan thought the rogue Shemarrians might target specific locations.

Though Titan Robotics’ outside facilities and traffic routes were largely ignored during most of the Shemarrian Civil War, the EShemar rebels suspected that there were strong ties between the company and the Maker. As the war wore on, raiding Titan convoys was one way to secure supplies(once the EShemar figured out they were bugged and how to neutralize them), then later on many of the tunnels, canals and shelters became victims of the crossfire. The EShemar would subsequently have to reconstruct knowledge of the full extent of the Maker’s involvement in Titan Robotics from fragmentary records, and painstakingly rebuild the destroyed route connections to conduct a return of Titan Robotics...on their terms.

The aftermath of the Shemarrian Civil War shattered Titan Robotics under its slick corporate surface, though few people suspect that the company has split into two sections(more are beginning to suspect, though). Shipments and deliveries of new product have been late, erratic, or missing altogether, communications between the various offices have been disrupted, and familiar faces have disappeared or are acting strangely.

Argent Goodson and Diane Middleton, along with their children, have disappeared, and not been seen since. Dawn von Neumann, Matthew Passkey and Clay Steele continue on in their positions, but increasingly their programming is being put to the test as , without administration from above, they are forced to adapt as best they can. Meanwhile the Auto-G Desmond Masters is trying to edge into the top desk in the absence of Middleton and Goodson. However, if Masters suspects that Titan Robotics is tanking for good, he’ll abandon it, taking as many secrets of the company as he can with him to sell to the highest bidder.

The Titan Robotics employee cult has kept the company together, to an extent, but delivery of new products is erratic and unreliable, and the strain is showing among the dedicated TR staff. Worse, word of sales of Titan Robotics in other regions of the world is filtering back to New Cedarville and other holdouts of the ‘old’ TR, hinting that parts of the company are operating without relation to other parts. Many in the Titan organization are feeling ‘out of the loop’ on what they feel are some very big changes in the background.
Fortunately, as most of the Syntharoids are only a handful of years into their 40-year life expectancies, there’s no need about the androids running down, but without orders from on high, or even conflicting orders, many are beginning to feel confusion.
Worse yet, some of their number seem to have gotten religion and are behaving strangely(they’ve been Awakened with the Ecotroz and actually need to take sleep breaks).

For now, Titan is coasting on inertia. It has been able to scrape up enough inventory from the various facilities it can reach to meet about half of the new orders. It also has enough spare parts socked away to meet its contractual obligations, assuming normal levels of wear and tear, for the next 1d6 years. The techs have eve been able to build a few new machines from spare parts to meet rush orders. Necessity being the mother of invention, the Syntharoid technicians have even been able to make some components from scratch, though the quality of some of the advanced parts suffers, and the more sophisticated systems are currently beyond the capabilities of New Cedarville to duplicate. Still, ARCHIE-3 and Hagan might be amazed at the innovation shown by their creations under duress. Despite this, though, the trickle of new product from the still silent(for the most part) East is a desperately needed lifeline to keep the company going, though some fear that the Titan mystique and brandname reputation have been irrevocably harmed.
Wellington Industries has sensed the uncertainty in their partners, but to their credit have not abandoned them, and the arms company has quietly propped up the tech-giant while it tries to find its feet. Manistique has been similarly supportive, in spite of their dependence on TR’s products. Titan has reciprocated, prioritizing repairs and replacements to the Manistique military from their limited stockpiles, and what they’ve been able to cobble up.
This is just as well, because Northern Gun, which was growing concerned about Titan’s growing influence, has become aware of their rival’s discomfiture. Despite ARCHIE-3’s legacy undercover operatives still loyally and steadfastly spreading disinformation, NG has enough diverse intel sources to get a picture of a corporation in disarray.
While this has been a cause for relief in NG, and even a little sympathy for their rival, it hasn’t stopped Northern Gun and other fellow arms companies from rushing to exploit the situation. While Titan Robotics flounders, Northern Gun, Bandito Arms, and even Chipwell are aggressively stepping up their own marketing.

The BlackSteel Cometh
“Our entire garage inventory! It all up and walked out the door after being turned into those...monsters! And about a half dozen of the staff, too! They went after them! After...after..after they slaughtered everybody else! If me and Kelty hadn’t been hiding behind the salvage lift electrimagnets, we mighta been killed too! ”

During the Shemarrian Civil War, the third party to the war stole upon Titan Robotics like a plague. Several Titan Robotics dealerships and depots, and Syntharoid convoys were set upon by Blacksteel-infected hardware and were in turn corrupted. To regular human employees unaware of the artificial nature of their coworkers, the corruption of Blacksteel must have seemed like some demonic affliction, as coworkers turned overnight into hideously deformed and rapacious Mordants. Entire depots and shipments of equipment were corrupted and lost, and what few survivors made it to the relative safety of other depots and showrooms would spread tales of horror and accounts of tragedy.
Ironically, it would be the very ‘corrupted’ Shemarrians the Titan staffers were warned about, the EShemar, who would often arrive on the scene to save the situation. Of course, the EShemar would use the opportunity to take any non-BlackSteeled Titan androids and Syntharoids into ‘protective custody’, shortly after which survivors would see another sort of change take place in some of their coworkers(the results of Ecotroz -Awakening).
The end result is that Titan Robotics lost contact with a number of locations and personnel, which they don’t know if they’ve been destroyed, corrupted, or just cut off from communication. And the tighter borders of the ‘Reformed Shemarrian Nation’ have made finding out the truth all the harder. Overall, the horror stories and the general feeling that Titan seems to have been targeted by something paranormal has been demoralizing for many TR employees.

Stringing Along New Cedarville
“We let them fail, then many others fail, and attention turns again to us, especially if the trail of new Titan goods points to us. So we support them, just enough to keep them solvent. And if it gives any agents of the Dark One a powerbase, it gives them a lifeline....and when they take hold of that lifeline, we will be in a position to reel them in.”

Though Argent Goodson and Diane Middleton have disappeared, New Cedarville continues to be a key bastion of the ‘old’ Titan Robotics. The EShemar still suspect that the Dark One established the company presence and still has unreclaimed active agents operating it, but they dare not approach the place in force, seeing as it is protected by the bulk of the Manistique Imperium. An open attack on New Cedarville would bring out Larson’s Brigade and other mercenary groups in defense of the embattled tech-corp and bring unwanted negative attention on the Shemarrians..
Instead, the EShemar have been watching what remains of the ‘old’ Titan Robotics network very carefully, while establishing their own parallel one and subverting, when they can, Titan Robotics employees. They’ve also been shipping new equipment in dribbles and surges to the old network, making it look like sympathetic insiders in the old core factories sending out orders, or that the network has been so disrupted by recent events that parts of the corporation aren’t yet synching back up perfectly(largely true). As many old-network employees (including Syntharoids)are eager to get back to business as usual, they often accept these new arrivals with few qualms and little hesitation. However, some of the higher-placed Titan officers and Dispatchers are leery of dealing with the ‘new faces’ that show up and make contact to make deliveries of newly manufactured equipment. These shipments have kept the old network of showrooms and shops afloat, but done little to throttle back employees’ unease. The resumption of deliveries, even in stop-start fashion, has also kept Desmond Masters from bolting, but it’s also got him wondering if he’s on the wrong side of a corporate schism. If he suspected for a moment that the other side of Titan was doing better than the New Cedarville network, he’d jump ship in a moment and begin clawing his way towards the top of the taller mountain. To that end he’s already been sending feelers to get more information on what’s happening in the other parts of TR’s network and if there’s opportunities for him to exploit.

Going Into Business for Themselves
“Hi, I’m Analee with Titan Robotics! Our records indicate that you did business with us before! We apologize for any dropped calls or inquiries you may have made since then, but we’re eager to do business with you again, if you’re still interested!”

The origin point of Titan Robotics, the secret factories in the East, has been taken over by the victorious EShemar. Though ARCHIE-3 and Hagan, either in the last throes of their defiance, or to cover their tracks as they disappeared, tried to destroy what they could, the rebel Shemarrians managed to capture, reconstruct, and piece together enough that the factories were back up and running, and the new owners began rebuilding the Titan Robotics network.
However, progress has been slow, in part due to the warrior Shemarrians needing to rebuild the network(and being inexperienced at running a corporation, especially a shadow-corporation), and hide their own involvement in it. They’ve decided to keep Titan going in part to gain revenue for themselves and to gain intelligence, just as ARCHIE-3 did, on the outside world. Though EShemarrian ambitions are less far-reaching than ARCHIE and Hagan’s, the EShemar still want to secure their territory against possible enemies, and the Titan network will allow them to keep an eye on developments elsewhere. The Ghost Rider Tribe has effectively fallen ito the role of being the Reformed Shemarrian Nation’s ‘invisible merchant’ class, aided by the Wayfinders, in managing this commercial aspect of their nation, and they have been converting and suborning any and all assets of the pre-SCW Titan organization they can. Where direct subversion/conversion/Awakening/reprogramming doesn’t work, the EShemar will deceive, getting merchants and trade contacts that previously did business with Titan that recent irregularities in commerce are due to ‘management issues’, ‘workflow blips’, and ‘distribution disruptions due to recent events’ with promises that regular business will be restored in time.

In many ways the Titan Robotics intelligence network still operates as before, but under new management; the Reformed Shemarrian Nation and the EShemar. The Ghost Riders are effectively the new owners of the core Titan Robotics and are shipping out equipment bugged in similar fashion to what ARCHIE-3 was doing. They’ve also been sending their own agents to infiltrate and suborn the old network to hauge its extent and piggyback their own intelligence-gathering onto the older efforts.
By continuing to support the old Titan Robotics, the EShemar hope to lure any Dark One loyalists out of hiding and into range of the Reformed Shemarrian Nation.

Though there have been some blips and slips in the facade(again, due to the warrior Shemar being inexperienced in all the nuances of corporate culture), any efforts on the part of outsiders to use the few apparent lapses to delve into Titan’s secrets have come to naught, in no small part due to the tighter security of the Reformed Shemarrian Nation. Parties seeking to probe for Titan’s secrets have either been subverted and converted to the EShemar cause...or have disappeared(not always executed; once the EShemar gained contact with their extradimensional Three Galaxies offshoots, shipping inconvenient witnesses into extradimensional exile has become an option).

While Titan under the EShemar produces the same lines as pre-SCW, the Ghost Riders have been considering introducing a few new products with small advances in technology to assuage the older network that they’re still dealing with a continuity of management. Of course, the EShemar aren’t about to tip their hand, any more than ARCHIE-3 was, that they have access to a far wider range of reverse-engineered technologies, so any new introduced advances are likely to be small and incremental rather than paradigm-shifting. Interestingly, some of the best suggestions on how to accomplish this have come from the newly-Awakened Syntharoid employees* of the EShemar-Titan corporation.

*(Adding to the irony is the fact that the Tribe most involved in running the Titan deception is the Ghost Riders, the admitted ‘hackers’ and one of the more reclusive Tribes, especially as they for te most part shun Ecotroz-Awakening, prefering teir own highly sophisticated AI patheway to true sophancy and self-awareness. The Ghost Riders are also the most paranoid about letting even ‘soft’(unknowing) Maker-loyalists into their ranks, and are this VERY thorough in sanitizing any captured Titan employees and hardware, looking for hidden backdoors and other compromising devices. And, though the Ghost Riders hate to inflict other AIs with a ‘psychic software virus’, they grudgingly admit that Awakening Syntharoids and other Titan androids with the Ecotroz seesm to make them more resistant to hacking attempts, and also makes them seem more life-like to those attuned to life energies, so the Ghost Riders have gone along with it.
Of course, the Awakened Syntharoids are noticably more emotional, unpredictable, and some even develop psychic powers.)

Meanwhile, the ‘new’ Titan Robotics under Shemarrian management has been spreading its nets farther afield, with sales reps showing up in New Liberty, Europe, Mexico, and South America. There’s even rumors of TR offices seen opening in the Three Galaxies.

Syntharoids and Shemarrians
“-and that’s out.”The Tinker said, holding up a small plastic disc in which was sandwiched a barely visible piece of circuitry. She gestured at the still form strapped down on the procedure table, the figure’s head covered by a black electromagnetic scrambler hood. “Hardware-wise, she’s now clean. Wetware-wise... well, that’s your specialty.”
“Good, “ the Domimatrix said, taking the offered chip, “Let me hotbox this and do a quick read of this thing and what she is and isn’t allowed to do. Then I can get down to finding out what she’s been doing and what she’s been seeing. Then we'll get down to some -fun-.”

Though the EShemar have long had the ability to create some fairly advanced cyberhumanoid cyborg frames for their NeShemar, and from there create very lifelike true gynoids, and have expanded into biotech, it was only fairly recently that they’ve recovered enough of ARCHIE-3’s trashed databases and filled in the gaps to create their own Syntharoids.
Meanwhile, they’ve been aggressively recruiting any Syntharoids they can find, as Syntharoids are as susceptible to Ecotroz-Awakening as any other android, and their fake backstories make them easy to assimilate into host cultures. Any Syntharoids captured face interrogation (the Domimatrixes were virtually created for this task of hacking android AIs) before being judged. They often get surgery to remove self-destruct implants and control protocols, and minor memory alteration(to cover what amounts to invasive probing and the shock of other personal revelations) before being assigned a place in the Reformed Shemarrian Nation. Despite the care taken in (E)Shemarrian security, though, there’s still circulating increasingly scary and lurid stories of Titan employees being captured or abducted and subjected to alien medical procedures. Of course, it doesn’t help that with the knowledge of BlackSteel infections, the EShemar subject ANY Titan Robotics personnel they intercept/capture to very THOROUGH physical scrutiny and examination to find any hidden BlackSteel(cue nightmare-inducing sequences involving invasive probing and lots of mad science-style interrogation).
Syntharoids converted in the field and not immediately taken in, or else who try to return to the Titan fold, risk much. TR loyalists like Clay Steele may detect differences in the behavior of the returning employees and put them under observation or detain them(akin to the human response to suspected ‘born again’ cultists or pod-people), and this has gone to the point of turning away ‘infected’ employees(and often having them quietly executed/destroyed. Those who escape this fate and return to the EShemar often ironically ‘fall into’ positions in the Shemarrian-controlled Titan Robotics. Some of them are interfacing with the old part of Titan Robotics, while others are going places as official representatives of Titan that ARCHIE-3 and Hagan never dteamed of going. And like the Uteni being the ‘face’ most associated with Naruni Enterprises, the Syntharoids , even when their artifical origins are known, are becoming the ‘face’ of the Shemar-run Titan Robotics.
Syntharoids ‘born’ or assimilated into EShemar society are treated like any other oreseme/neshemar. They are well-treated(though still regarded as ‘soft’ second-class citizens) under the Shemar, can participate in/benefit from Uplift ceremonies and Upgrade awards, and can apply to reproduce via Progen. Most have upgraded power cells good for 60 years before needing replacement. Most regard themselves as just another form of human.

TR Vehicles
“Used to be we’d have regular fly-ins from the other offices.....now we hardly see anybody coming in, and then it’s pretty much touch-and-go, the engines never spool down and the passenger seats barely get cool before they take off again. Given how brief and chill some of the meetings on the tarmac go, though, the slipstream’s tropical warm in comparison”

The Shemarrians prefer their Warmounts and own vehicle designs to ARCHIE-3 era hardware, but they do use them to maintain deceptive appearances, and for the benefit of second-echelon NeShemar, including Syntharoids.
New Cedarville and other portions of the ‘old’ network continue to use the TR aerodynes, but spare parts aren’t as plentiful and many of the work locations they used to commute to are no longer in operation or responding.

*Arion Shuttle VTOL--- From the EShemar perspective, the Arion is generally regarded as too slow and too limited to be an effective combat craft, and doesn’t carry a large enough payload to be used as an effective transport. The Shemar-Titans keep only a handful of these aircraft for when dealing with outsiders, and they don’t operate them anywhere they might lead others to the Shemarrians’ secret facilities. The EShemar have also traded the aircraft to the NEMAns of New Liberty.

*Orpheus Transport VTOL---A much more useful design, the ‘Orph’ is used by many neshemar groups, and several new models fly routes between the protected communities in the Reformed Shemarrian Nation. Another design shared with the NEMAns of New Liberty. The NEMAns are considering a dedicated gunship derivative.

*Gyges Stealth VTOL---The Shemarrians are still debating if they should share this design with the NEMAns. Meanwhile, the Wayfinders have been having fun whipping up technowizardry-enhanced versions of this flier. New Cedarville still has a handful, but they keep them under tight wraps; they lost several probing for the status of several of their eastern depots and facilities.

*Enigma Stealth Submarine---Only a short handful of these vessels remain outside the control of the EShemar, and those are bunkered down in hidden pens in New Cedarville. The rest, and the rebuilt assembly lines producing them, are in the hands of the EShemar(the DarkWaters specifically, though they share some with the Horrorwoods).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Titan Robotics Khalkotaur Carrier Robot
(aka ‘Khalkie’, ‘Titan Scorpion’)
“Yeah, I recognize Reba; haven’t seen her since the Blackout. She used to be mid-level in sales but it looks like she got promoted. Did you get an updated personnel table of organization with any changes? Well, back then I knew Reba to be a real conscientious straight-arrow on the job. If she’s presenting this new Khalkotaur robot, I’d give her at least the benefit of the doubt and listen to what she has to say about it first before making a decision about accepting the thing.”
----Holden Sterling, Titan Robotics Assistant Manager in Marketing, Old Bones Complex

If you don’t mind leaving the cargo bay open and locking the door-hatches in the ‘deck’ position, you can lash on another few tons of cargo or an oversized load running through the bay. It makes a good salvager mech; you can carry a team, a load, and have the artillery to defend a find while you pick it up.”

“ This new addition to the Titan line-up, after so long awaiting, is going to go over real well with small teams, if they can get past the odd looks and the price tag. Thing’s got muscle, armor, and firepower, imposing looks, and versatility.”

“There; we threw them a hook. Now let’s see who takes the bait.”

The Khalkotaur is the latest offering from Titan Robotics and the first new design that’s appeared from ‘up the line’ since the apparent schism that has recently divided the company. Several deliveries of the new type have been made to New Cedarville, via roundabout routing through several smaller depots.
While radical in configuration, there’s little new about the component systems. The Khalkotaur is a quad-legger(a new thing for Titan designs) carried on four legs of clearly Titan design, the head on the main hull’s prow is clearly off one of the older Titan robots, and both the laser turrets flanking the head, and the arms semi-retracted under the prow are all recognizably from other ‘bots. Internally, behind the head/cockpit is a small crew compartment with a relief station, bunks, and food preparation area. Behind the head is a multipurpose bay that can hold cargo or passengers; fold-out doors become porch-decks or ramps that the arms can swivel around to reach to assist in loading/unloading. Aft of the cargo hatches is a large dorsal turret that can mount two Chimera weapons pods. The Khalkotaur is armored like a tank, but with much better internal accommodations.
With a name suggestive of the Khalkotauroi, bronze-shod fire breathing bulls that menaced Jason of Argonaut fame, the Khalkotaur is being marketed as an all-terrain APC, exploration platform and combat support vehicle.
The Khalkotaur has met with a lukewarm reception from the New Cedarville end of operations; though a new product, it arrived with little of the enthusiastic fanfare of communication associated with previous arrivals from ‘up the line’(‘Hal Longenbach’ has been conspiciously absent from the new rollout). Those who have seen it have guessed that it’s the product of a new TR designer(s) testing the market with a new design. Those in the upper echelons of New Cedarville have hoped that the arrival of the new design would be accompanied with some clarification of what’s really been happening at the shadowy corporate headquarters in the East, but have been disappointed; the situation is as murky as ever. Thus, the adhoc TR board of directors that have been running New Cedarville in the absence of Argent Goodson and Diane Eve Middleton were at first reluctant to accept the new consignments, believing that it would prove a ‘one-off’, limited-run, design. So far, sales of the new ‘bot have been good, but not sparkling, in part due to the spreading rumors and market unease about Titan’s problems. However, as field reports from those who have bought the new machines flow back to New Cedarville, Dawn von Neumann is finally getting some material to spin into positive public relations.

The reality is that the Khalkotaur is a new design ‘leaked’ to the old Titan Robotics network hub by the EShemarrians of the Reformed Shemarrian Nation. The Khalkotaur is deliberately conservative in technology, while still radical enough in appearance, to test the waters and tempt the market. Besides supplying new machines, the EShemar have been teasing New Cedarville with hints of future upgrades and have been running their own whispering PR campaign to put the new design in a good light and further infiltrate the old TR network.
Of course, every Khalkotaur is stuffed to the weld-seams with secret spy circuitry reporting back to the Shemarrians, the communications range is MUCH better than listed in the operators’ manual, and the ‘bot can be disabled remotely and taken over by the Shemarrians(the Ghost Riders at least), overriding the pilot’s control.

The Shemarrians do not use the Khalkotaur themselves, despite its strengths; they cannot risk anybody making connections between the RSN and Titan Robotics. The N’R’Mar have evinced an interest in the type, but cannot use scavenged or ordered ‘bots/parts until the Khalkotauroi have been around long enough and in large enough numbers to suffer losses in the field.
It is possible, though, that the directly Shemarrian-controlled TR franchises could be selling this robot already offworld(as in the Three Galaxies).

Type: TR-07Q1 Khalkotaur
Class: Carrier Robot
Crew: 4(pilot+ optional 1-3 gunners)+ passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 500
Head 100
Reinforced Crew Compartment 100
Dorsal Turret 180
Sensor Dome 80
Chimera Pods(2) 125 each
Bow Turrets(2) 50 each
Arms(2) 150 each
Cargo Hatches(2) 140 each
Legs(4) 260 each
Height: 32 ft
Width: 17 ft(arms can reach out an additional 10 ft to each side)
Length: 33 ft(arms can reach out an additional 10 ft)
Weight: 50 tons
Cargo: 8 tons or 16 passengers
The cargo hold is roughly 10 ft wide x 13 ft long x 9 ft high.
Robotic Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 36
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 15 year energy life
Speed:(Running) 55 MPH
(Leaping) 10 ft up/15 ft across, increase height/distance by 50% with a running start.
(Flying) Not possible
(Underwater) Can run along the bottom of bodies of water at 15 MPH, maximum depth of 800 ft.
Market Cost: 33 million credits, rarely available(just introduced)
Proprieatry Engineering: The robot’s major systems come with/under the Titan Robotocs’ exclusive access agreement; even New Cedarville hasn’t dared to go poking into anything not allowed by the accompanying service manuals, just in case ‘up the line’ management really is on the up and up...and is using this to test their employees in the aftermath of what might have been a MAJOR security shakeup.
Systems of Note:
Standard Titan Robot Systems, plus:
*Thermo-Imager Optics. IR/UV Optics. Nightvision Optics.
*Headlights----Dual-beam normal/IR-light. 500 ft range.
*Sensor Dome----The dorsal turret mounts a sensor dome w/ enhanced radar(100 mile range), laser targeting(+2 to strike), telescopic magnificiation optics, plus its position on the highest point of the ‘bot gives it excellent all-around scanning sweep.
*360-degree Waist Rotation----The upper hull can rotate fully atop its four legs.
Weapons Systems:
1) Dorsal Turret---On the back behind the cargo bay is a dorsal turret with two hardpoints for Chimera weapons pods, giving the ‘bot a serious heavy firepower punch. The turret has its own 360-degree arc of fire and sensor dome for accurate fire.
a) Vulcan Heavy Rail Cannon
b) Heracles Laser Pulse Cannon
c) Ember Plasma Cannon
d) Thunderbolt Ion Cannon
e) Keres Particle Beam Cannon
f) Harpe 25mm Autocannon
g) Medusa Electro-Magnetic Overload Cannon

2) Bow Turrets(2)---These two turrets flanking the head are recognizable as stock waist turrets from designs like the TR-02D1 Helios and TR-01C1 Atlas, Either lasers or ion blasters can be mounted, though supposedly material has arrived suggesting future upgradeability to the triple-ion turrets of the TR-03R1 Argus.
a) Laser
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single blast, 6d6 MD double blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

b)Ion
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD double blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

3) Plasma Flamethrower---Mounted under the bow and head is a nozzle for a short-range plasma flamethrower used for antipersonnel work and brush clearance. It is clearly stock weaponry from the TR-01U6 Minotaur, in keeping with the bull theme and the legend of the fire breathing Colchis Bulls.
Range: 100 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD to a 15 ft-wide area

4) Retractable Vibro-Blades(2)--- Each arm sports a large extendable vibroblade.
Range:Melee
Damage: 4d6 MD, 2d6 MD base damage+ 2d6 MD from the blade itself.

5) Smoke Dischargers(2)---Two tank-style flare/chaff/smoke grenade dischargers.
Range: 500 ft, creates a 30 ft cloud, +10 ft per each additional chaff/flare launched in the volley. Cloud lasts 2 melees before dissipating(or less in a very strong wind).
Damage: None
(Triax Style)
(Northern Gun Style)
10% chance per chaff cloud deployed of decoying missiles, up to maximum of 60%
Aircraft, power armor, and beings flying through the chaff will be -6 on perception, -3 on initiative, -5 to strike, -2 to parry, -2 dodge, and lose 1 melee attack that round(or the next). Sensory and Piloting rolls are at -20% for as long as the characters are caught in the cloud, and the next as they recover.
Payload: 12 per launcher

Hand to Hand Combat
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d4 MD
Body Block/Tackle 2d4 MD
Stomp 4d4 MD(greater mass)
Kick 3d6 MD

Options:
None yet; the Shemarrians are still priming the market. Likely option offerings would include upgraded wapons, sensors, communications and defenses.
Variants:
None have yet appeared; the Khalkotaur is so new.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”