Random thoughts about Dog Boys

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Random thoughts about Dog Boys

Unread post by slade the sniper »

In the reading of source materials for my project, there is an absolutely humongous number of Dog Boys in the CS military. They are used in the ISS, they are used as front line combatants, as recon troops, as specialized anti-psi and anti-magic troops... While the leaders of the CS might consider Dog Bous to be disposable and not as valuable as humans... the fact that Dog Boys automatically start their life as more "important" than anything else on Earth (except for humans, of course), they have to be beloved by CS citizens as they are almost inescapable within the CS and so many of them give their lives for the state, and for humans in general, plus Dog Boys are almost all thought of very highly by veterans and those who served with them and there are many vets and soldiers and ISS agents who consider them to be friends and allies.
Plus, IRL many people would say that dogs are better friends than people, I can easily see that Dog Boys in the CS are beloved by the populace. The heroic part is that Dog Boys are created and trained to be self sacrificing and heroic for humans. Hundreds of thousands of Dog Boys were employed in the wars against Tolkeen, some units almost completely composed of just Dog Boys, that I can guess that just as there are memorials for units and specific soldiers, there would be memorials for Dog Boy units and specific Dog Boys.
I suspect that if the Coalition could easily make some Dog Boys specifically as interrogators by picking for cuteness, warm eyes and psionics. The pack animal mentality that the Dog Boys have also helps in that most of them have a good-ish alignment so that they would be seen as more trustworthy than a lot of the senior leaders of the Coalition.

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”