Titan Robotics KS Review Errata

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Titan Robotics KS Review Errata

Unread post by NMI »

Post all errors [misspellings, grammar errors, etcc] here. Please include the following:

Page
Paragraph #
Sentence
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Titan Robotics KS Review Errata

Unread post by NMI »

Spoiler:
NMI wrote:Credits Page: Roon Root should be spelled "Ron Root" - One "o" in Ron.
Page 3, Sub-title - Should the subtitle "Secrets of Machine God ARCHIE Three[sup]TM[/sup] read as Secrets of the Machine God ARCHIE Three[sup]TM[/sup]

Spoiler:
ghost2020 wrote:First things... Index! Nice!

Linked Table of Contents! SUPER NICE!!

Error or Correction:

Page 56 Weapon Systems
1. Pauldron Tool System - states that it is over the LEFT shoulder. Image shows right.
Probably easier to change text than flip image.

Spoiler:
blackaeon wrote:This is what I picked up on thus far; one or two seem more balance-related than anything else, but overall everything was pretty minor

P. 33 - MP10 Caseless Pistol has a range of 1000? A pistol? Ditto with 1600’ range on the SMG, feels like these might have gone up by a factor of x10?
P. 34 - WI-MG15B “Viper” 15mm Anti-Infantry Machine Gun has an effective firing range of over a mile?
P. 82 - First half of last paragraph on left column in page has excessive bolding on text.
P. 100 - Have free actions been integrated into the Palladium Megaversal system? If not, the Rate of Fire section of the Kronos’s 30mm Scythe cannon might need touching up.
P. 120 - First paragraph under The Industrial District, fifth line, has two semicolons inbetween the D and i of 'District'.

Spoiler:
Page 10 last paragraph: Caitlin changed spelling to Caitlyn
“Nathan!” Caitlin tried to pull on his free arm but shrieked as she was given a sharp shock herself.
Nathaniel fell still, surprise still on his wide, dead eyes. Smoke rose from his arm, curling up out of the robot’s interior. Caitlyn looked into the eyes of the ‘dead’ machine staring back at her – and could have sworn she saw a glimmer of light in them.

Page 12 left column, 3rd paragraph ends in a / instead of .
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Lime2K
D-Bee

Unread post by Lime2K »

Page 12
Second paragraph
"when they are needed most/"; should be "when they are needed most."
TurnStyle
Newb

Unread post by TurnStyle »

Minor font issues with graphic placement:

- Page 27 - PCR-1A Combat Rifle - Rifle picture whitespace is cutting off the top of the rifle name font.
- Page 34 - WI-SR15 "Poacher" 15mm Sniper Rifle - Rifle picture whitespace is cutting off the top of the rifle name font.
- Page 37 - WI-GL80 "Predator" Super Grenade Launcher - Picture whitespace is cutting off the top of the name font.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Archimedes
The left shoulder pauldron features a mounted
Page 55
shoulder pauldron what it M.D.C?

Minotaur
Paragraph two text are bold page 83
This is the tall robot Height: 28 feet should Main Body be 410.
Anything over 20 feet is a giant robot could the Main Body – be from 400 to 600 M.D.C
IMHO

Pallas
M.D.C. by Location:
** Main Body – 300
Statistical Data:
Height: 20 feet (6.1 m).
Anything over 20 feet is a giant robot could the Main Body – be from 400 to 600 M.D.C
IMHO

Atlas
Statistical Data:
Height: 28 feet (8.5 m).
** Main Body – 425
IMHO

Enigma Stealth Submarine

Instead of having picture at the button of helmet forgot power armored
You can have a picture of Enigma Stealth Submarine side view I know I know still EPIC !!!!
in page 191
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
LastFrontiersman
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by LastFrontiersman »

Page 133, Paragraph3 "synthetic brain's hot-wired connections", hard-wired? Same error page 16 paragraph 5

Page 13 Paragraph 2 "initiatives proposed by our own exemplary staff, just like you. "

"Just like you" is redundant with "our own exemplary staff" because the email is addressed to the staff.

Spoiler:
A stylistic concern. One of the prevailing themes in Post-apocalyptic settings is the struggle against scarcity. On page 15 it states "Anywhere there’s a city in the Domain of Man, there’s a Gunny’s Depot. " and then explains how the Gunny's Depot is a one stop shop for every needed good. This breaks with the feel of a post-apocalyptic setting, might i suggest the Wells Fargo Wagon approach?

I would write, ,"Every major city in the domain of man has a Gunny's Depot. Even minor cities or small towns will have a trade representative or kiosk where courier teams can be summoned, adventurers can place orders and request services. Within 3 days at max (7 in the Colorado Baronies) a new robot, weapons package, or cybernetic limb, complete with Cyber-doc to attach it will show up at no extra charge.

I like the feel of eve community having a Gunny with a Depot, just don't make it a Wal-Mart. Also scaling it to the community. Convenience on that scale strains the setting. A small town of 10,000 isn't going to have the same stuff for sale as a city of a quarter million.

Spoiler:
It mentions repair rates on pages 22, 23, and other places. The only place I've found these so far is in Rifts: Mercenaries, could we get a table of repair rates?

Same issue under general scrap column 2 paragraph 2 page 25, what is "standard salvage value price"
LastFrontiersman
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by LastFrontiersman »

Page 34, WI-R12 Multi-Purpose Rifle states that it is a bull-pup... the image does not show a bull-pup.

"a bullpup is a rifle that places the main working action (and thus, the magazine) well behind the trigger."

I'm a big fan as they have a smaller profile, and more stability. I don't own one, but I got to shoot a friend's once and it was sure fun. Things like calling a short barrel rifle a bull-pup will set some gun owners off. Including a link to one of my favorite Bull-Pups, the Tavor.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/iwi-tavor-x95-bullpup-sbr-223-rem-5-56-semi-automatic-ar-15-rifle-xb13sbr.html
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

Now maybe, its because I've been playing Palladium Games since forever, but I always liked the earlier rule set (Original Rifts Main Book pg. 34) for burst damage. It felt like I could actually kill something with concentrated fire... now I know some of the more modern stuff has dumbed down the damage (I personally don't like it), but at least you can do some significant damage from a burst at the cost of a lower hit chance.

The weapon damage for the Wellington Firearms doesn't seem to add up? Was this a conscious decision (if so please change it back) if it was an error, please fix it.

Specifically:
page 33:
MP-23A Casemess SMG Damage: 10mm Caseless Rounds: 4D6 S.D.C. for a single, 1D4x10 S.D.C. for a three-round burst, 2D6x10 S.D.C. for a long burst of 10 rounds. The damage on the three-round burst should be higher, 2x a single round so 8D6 S.D.C. or simplified to 1D4x10+8 . The 10 round burst works out correctly.

page 34:
WI-R12 Multi-Purpose Rifle: 12 mm traditional rounds: 1D4x10 S.D.C. for a singe shot, or 1D6x10+10 for a three round burst. The damage falls short on this one. It should be 2D4x10 S.D.C., or you could just boost it to 1D6x10+20 S.D.C.

WI-SR15 "Poacher" 15mm Sniper Rifle: 15mm traditional rounds: A single shot deals 1D6x10+10 S.D.C., a three-round burst deals 2D4x10+20 S.D.C. (1 M.D.). and a short burst of 10 rounds deals 6D6x10 S.D.C. (1D4 M.D.).
First a sniper rifle would never be designed for burst fire, they are precision, single shot weapons.
Second the three-round burst should deal 2D6x10+20 S.D.C. and a 10 round bust should do 5D6x10+50 or 6D6x10+40 or 1D4x100.
Third, harkening back to the old M.D. rules, a weapon can't do M.D. no matter how much burst damage it does, so the weapon should be doing at least 2D6x10 or 2D4x10+20 to do 1 M.D. I know this was in the rules for the original write up for the Caseless weapons in Rifts Mercenaries but I didn't have a chance to comment on that one :)

page 34 & 35:
WI-MG15B "Viper 15 mm Anti-Infantry Machine Gun: 15mm traditional rounds: A Short burst of 10 rounds deals 6D6x10 (1D4 M.D.) and a long burst does 2D4x100 S.D.C. (2D4 M.D.).
First this should be doing the burst damage from the WI-SR15 (and the WI-SR15 should not be doing burst damage).
Second the 10 round bust should do 1D4x100 S.D.C.
Third, in the hopes of this actually hurting an M.D.C. target the rounds needs to do at least 1 M.D. (2D4x10+20 or 2D6x10, etc.) again harkening back to the old M.D. rules, a weapon can't do M.D. no matter how much burst damage it does.

So if this was done correctly the 15mm Caseless Round should probably look like this:
Single Shot: 2D4x10+20 S.D.C. (1 M.D.)
Three-Round Burst: 4D4x10+40 S.D.C. (1-2 M.D.)
Ten-Round Burst: 1D4x100+100 S.D.C. (1D4+1 M.D.)
20 Round Burst: 2D4x100+200 S.D.C. (2D4+2 M.D.)
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Greg Diaczyk wrote:Now maybe, its because I've been playing Palladium Games since forever, but I always liked the earlier rule set (Original Rifts Main Book pg. 34) for burst damage. It felt like I could actually kill something with concentrated fire... now I know some of the more modern stuff has dumbed down the damage (I personally don't like it), but at least you can do some significant damage from a burst at the cost of a lower hit chance.

The weapon damage for the Wellington Firearms doesn't seem to add up? Was this a conscious decision (if so please change it back) if it was an error, please fix it.

Specifically:
page 33:
MP-23A Casemess SMG Damage: 10mm Caseless Rounds: 4D6 S.D.C. for a single, 1D4x10 S.D.C. for a three-round burst, 2D6x10 S.D.C. for a long burst of 10 rounds. The damage on the three-round burst should be higher, 2x a single round so 8D6 S.D.C. or simplified to 1D4x10+8 . The 10 round burst works out correctly.

page 34:
WI-R12 Multi-Purpose Rifle: 12 mm traditional rounds: 1D4x10 S.D.C. for a singe shot, or 1D6x10+10 for a three round burst. The damage falls short on this one. It should be 2D4x10 S.D.C., or you could just boost it to 1D6x10+20 S.D.C.

WI-SR15 "Poacher" 15mm Sniper Rifle: 15mm traditional rounds: A single shot deals 1D6x10+10 S.D.C., a three-round burst deals 2D4x10+20 S.D.C. (1 M.D.). and a short burst of 10 rounds deals 6D6x10 S.D.C. (1D4 M.D.).
First a sniper rifle would never be designed for burst fire, they are precision, single shot weapons.
Second the three-round burst should deal 2D6x10+20 S.D.C. and a 10 round bust should do 5D6x10+50 or 6D6x10+40 or 1D4x100.
Third, harkening back to the old M.D. rules, a weapon can't do M.D. no matter how much burst damage it does, so the weapon should be doing at least 2D6x10 or 2D4x10+20 to do 1 M.D. I know this was in the rules for the original write up for the Caseless weapons in Rifts Mercenaries but I didn't have a chance to comment on that one :)

page 34 & 35:
WI-MG15B "Viper 15 mm Anti-Infantry Machine Gun: 15mm traditional rounds: A Short burst of 10 rounds deals 6D6x10 (1D4 M.D.) and a long burst does 2D4x100 S.D.C. (2D4 M.D.).
First this should be doing the burst damage from the WI-SR15 (and the WI-SR15 should not be doing burst damage).
Second the 10 round bust should do 1D4x100 S.D.C.
Third, in the hopes of this actually hurting an M.D.C. target the rounds needs to do at least 1 M.D. (2D4x10+20 or 2D6x10, etc.) again harkening back to the old M.D. rules, a weapon can't do M.D. no matter how much burst damage it does.

So if this was done correctly the 15mm Caseless Round should probably look like this:
Single Shot: 2D4x10+20 S.D.C. (1 M.D.)
Three-Round Burst: 4D4x10+40 S.D.C. (1-2 M.D.)
Ten-Round Burst: 1D4x100+100 S.D.C. (1D4+1 M.D.)
20 Round Burst: 2D4x100+200 S.D.C. (2D4+2 M.D.)

The way I see it is that if ONE single round cannot potentially do at least 100 SDC than 10 of them are not going to do MDC either.
Greg Diaczyk

Exactly!
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"

ejheckathorn
Newb

Unread post by ejheckathorn »

P. 134, paragraph 5 - under “The Pennsylvania Route”:

“From Manufacturing Center #2 in Pennsylvania and Archie’s
other underground factories in Maryland, shipments are moved
through the Pennsylvania wilderness to a departure point on
the coast of Lake Eerie.”

and

“Far more direct
than the old submarine route, the Pennsylvania route is being
used more and more often, and Archie is considering extending
Shemarrian territory right to the edge of Lake Eerie in order to
secure the entire landbound portion of this supply channel.”

In both instances, “Lake Eerie” should be “Lake Erie”… unless the name has changed in-universe, but if so, that’s not reflected in SB4: Coalition Navy.
Greg Diaczyk

Found a couple more:

pg. 54 Myrmidon. Opening paragraph talks about an electric torch for cutting locks, fences, etc. but the description of weapons/tools on pg. 55 has a #4. Laser Torch. Should the description not read "Laser Torch?"

pg 56. Archimedes. 1. Pauldron Tool System is said to be on the left side, but the image has it on the right.

Next couple of errors seem to be extra spaces in the middle of words?
pg 59. Power Jumping Travel: 3rd sentence, "With a run ning start," should read With a running start,"
4th sentence, "By leaping, landing, and contun ing to run a few steps" should read "By leaping, landing and continuing to run a few steps"
Flying (Limited): 2nd sentence, "Maximum fly ing speed is" should be maximum flying speed is"
pg. 60. 1. Bident Variable Frequency Laser Cannon: 3rd sentence: "The cannon can modulate its frequency to overcome laser-resistant armor - the weapon' computer automatically analyzes an opponent's ar mor and" should read "The cannon can modulate its frequency to overcome laser-resistant armor - the weapon' computer automatically analyzes an opponent's armor and"

pg. 72 P.S. is listed as Robotic 32, but according to the Robotic Strength Charts in the Rifts Ultimate Edition (pg. 285) , the damage from a full strength punch should be 2D4 M.D. (not 1D6 M.D.), there is no base Hand to Hand combat damage and the claws damage should be adjusted accordingly. Assuming 1D4 per finger +2D4 base 6D4 M.D. (or 4D6 M.D. sounds better?)

pg. 90 is blank in my pdf. But the beginning of 91 suggests that there is a missing robot or power armor?
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"

Lime2K
D-Bee

Unread post by Lime2K »

One from the new Foreword:
Page 8, second column, first paragraph:
Second mention of Titan Robotics is misspelled “Titan Robtoics”
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Page 7, bottom of the first/leftmost column of names.

'Robert "Bob" Jaques' should be 'Robert "Bob" Jacques'
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Greg Diaczyk

Some more:
pg. 94, Helios Destroyer Robot, #4. Forearm Vibro-Blades. 4D6 M.D; base melee damage (from Robotic P.S. of 32) is listed as 2D6 M.D. and should be 2D4 M.D. (as per Rifts Ultimate Edition Robot P.S. Damage, pg. 285). Bump the P.S. to 36 or decrease the Vibro-blade damage to 2D6+2D4 or simplify to 3D6+2 M.D.

pg. 120. The Industrial District, second sentence "Titan doesn't have much call for secondary, supporting businesses, apart from entertainment, food and accommodations, so the Industrial D;;istrict hasn't" should read "Titan doesn't have much call for secondary, supporting businesses, apart from entertainment, food and accommodations, so the Industrial District hasn't"
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"

Greg Diaczyk

Last ones:

pg. 180 Android Infiltrator - Android Agent Stats - This feels like it should be a stat block? but has O.C.C. Related skill and Secondary skills like its an O.C.C.? I think this should be fixed to just being a stat block?

pg. 190 Gyges Stealth VTOL - 4. Sensors & Features of Note:, C. Hardened Circuits & Avionics: uses "with stand" instead of "withstand".

pg. 191 Enigma Stealth Submarine - 5. Sensors & Features of Note:, B. Hardened Circuits & Avionics: uses "with stand" instead of "withstand".
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"

asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Page 7
First, Top, Left column of names, the bottom of that group.

'Robert "Bob" Jaques' should be 'Robert "Bob" Jacques'

Please.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)

Return to “Rifts®”