would mortal Soulmancers also forget Soulmancy on death?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: would mortal Soulmancers also forget Soulmancy on death?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Humans are not demons. The process of reincarnation specifically affects a demons memory.

e.g. it is not death that makes demons forget soulmancy. It's the process of demon-specific reincarnation. Humans don't go through that process and so are unaffected by it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: would mortal Soulmancers also forget Soulmancy on death?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Candy wrote:Makes me wonder if there's any small window to resurrect a demon via magic the way you would a human prior to them getting caught in that amnesiac reincarnation spiral.

Well, maybe if they had a spell that would let them put a soul into a gem instead of passing on into reincarnation. Then you could use magic to put it in a new body

Oh wait. Soulmancers can totally do that. :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “Rifts®”