The family of Prosek

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zenviscaype
D-Bee

The family of Prosek

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

I am doing a PbP game and I recalled that Prosek had a wife and daughter (?) Could anyone have that source?
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: The family of Prosek

Unread post by Warshield73 »

WB 11: Coalition War Campaign, page 214-217 has information on the Prosek family. He had a younger son who died but no daughter. His wife was presumed dead but she was revealed to be alive in WB 16: Federation of Magic Revised, page 29 describes how she was held by Alistair for years and rescued by Cyber-Knights.

He does have nieces and nephews listed in the first book. Hope this is what you were looking for.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

There is a theory that Erin Tarn & Lady Prosek are the same person
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Aermas wrote:There is a theory that Erin Tarn & Lady Prosek are the same person

Ok, that's hilarious. It would explain why she knows so much about Young Karl, able to quote his papers and the like.

**** it. This is canon. *bangs gavel*
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Aermas
Explorer
Comment: There are two kinds of people in this world, those who quote people, & those who people quote

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

Mark Hall wrote:
Aermas wrote:There is a theory that Erin Tarn & Lady Prosek are the same person

Ok, that's hilarious. It would explain why she knows so much about Young Karl, able to quote his papers and the like.

**** it. This is canon. *bangs gavel*

Yep, I found it in an old forum post. Basically Jo-Anna Prosek lost two fingers on her left hand,& had them replaced with Biosystem cybernetics. Erin Tarn also has two biosystem fingers on her left hand. A bunch of other stuff, like having spent time with Plato & the library in Chi-Town & stuff. Her & Karl friends with the Cyber Knight which just happened to rescue Lady Prosek...
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

It's a silly and implausible connection (so naturally it's probably true given Kevin's storytelling abilities), as there's no way it would be able to be kept a secret for long. Too many people have seen or heard descriptions of Erin Tarn, and way too many people have undoubtedly seen pictures of their emperor's main squeeze plastered all over every Coalition city and TV screen.
Aermas
Explorer

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

Crimson Dynamo wrote:It's a silly and implausible connection (so naturally it's probably true given Kevin's storytelling abilities), as there's no way it would be able to be kept a secret for long. Too many people have seen or heard descriptions of Erin Tarn, and way too many people have undoubtedly seen pictures of their emperor's main squeeze plastered all over every Coalition city and TV screen.

Magic, cosmetic surgery ,a disguise kit, wearing glasses & acting like a klutz, there are many ways to be two people at once.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Crimson Dynamo wrote:It's a silly and implausible connection (so naturally it's probably true given Kevin's storytelling abilities), as there's no way it would be able to be kept a secret for long. Too many people have seen or heard descriptions of Erin Tarn, and way too many people have undoubtedly seen pictures of their emperor's main squeeze plastered all over every Coalition city and TV screen.

Unless you're ruthless enough to alter the historical record and murder anyone who says otherwise, it might not be common knowledge in the Coalition. Outside the Coalition, it might be a rumor, but it's not like you've got the weekly Enquirer to plaster the images everywhere.

Besides, with Rifts-level surgery, it might even be that the butts don't match. :mrgreen:
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I would think that coalition soldiers who encounter her might feel compelled to "rescue" her from the cyber knight she is traveling with and not let her go. Also given that they have a picture of young her on the wanted posters I would think a Prosek would have noticed who she is.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Aermas wrote:Magic, cosmetic surgery ,a disguise kit, wearing glasses & acting like a klutz, there are many ways to be two people at once.

Mark Hall wrote:Unless you're ruthless enough to alter the historical record and murder anyone who says otherwise, it might not be common knowledge in the Coalition. Outside the Coalition, it might be a rumor, but it's not like you've got the weekly Enquirer to plaster the images everywhere.

Besides, with Rifts-level surgery, it might even be that the butts don't match. :mrgreen:

All of which is covered by the "so naturally it's probably true given Kevin's storytelling abilities" clause of my previous post. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, it's a fun idea. But it's a really awful, schlocky one that only works in an over-the-top game like Rifts where any semblance of believability gets thrown out the door.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I'd say it's quite the out there idea....not, shall we say, completely impossible but pretty implausible.

Just like an alternate Rifts I had thought about where Karl, Alistair, and Hagan were all half brothers with different mothers (Since daddy Joseph the first was a bit of a man***re in that reality) and they were plotting to take over of North America and potentially the World. Thus the real reason Alistair screwed Tolkeen, why Hagan has his Titan front via Archie 3 (and why the CS seems to manage the production they do thanks to Hagan's influence over Archie), and why Karl launched the war in the first place.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I've occasionally pondered rolling up a Prosek "black sheep" or "long-lost _____" character and playing with it as a PC or NPC. CWC mentions some rumor that Karl's dad had a fling with a magic user back in the day, and there are other Proseks out there.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Aermas
Explorer

-Aermas

Unread post by Aermas »

Hotrod wrote:I've occasionally pondered rolling up a Prosek "black sheep" or "long-lost _____" character and playing with it as a PC or NPC. CWC mentions some rumor that Karl's dad had a fling with a magic user back in the day, and there are other Proseks out there.

Could be old granddaddy Prosek got with Nostrous Dunscon's wife & thats what started all the bad blood between Chi-Town & the Federation. Turns out Alistair is actually a Prosek!
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Go one step further. Be the real Prosek who was replaced by a doppleganger, but his face/prints/DNA/whole body was altered by said doppleganger. Unable to convince anyone, he's had to join forces with the very people he hates in order to try to find some way to bring his replacement down and reassume his position as Emperor.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Crimson Dynamo wrote:Go one step further. Be the real Prosek who was replaced by a doppleganger, but his face/prints/DNA/whole body was altered by said doppleganger. Unable to convince anyone, he's had to join forces with the very people he hates in order to try to find some way to bring his replacement down and reassume his position as Emperor.

I took it one step beyond that, the emporer is a AI, the CS is a big lie. Every one living in the fortified cities are cultist to the AI
People who enter the city because they got citizen ship are sacrificed to the AI. The CS military is mostly people from the burbs but the command are all cultist of the AI.
The war on magic is because he is immune to non-magic damage.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Zenviscaype
D-Bee

Unread post by Zenviscaype »

Warshield73 wrote:WB 11: Coalition War Campaign, page 214-217 has information on the Prosek family. He had a younger son who died but no daughter. His wife was presumed dead but she was revealed to be alive in WB 16: Federation of Magic Revised, page 29 describes how she was held by Alistair for years and rescued by Cyber-Knights.

He does have nieces and nephews listed in the first book. Hope this is what you were looking for.

Thank you do much. I'm running a PvP game where there is a daughter wants revenge.

Return to “Rifts®”