Splugorth Slavers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

I've never placed other minions with the Slaver's/Slave Barge, but I've had Kittani patrols in the nearby area. Likewise I've used single barges working a area and large groups working as a pack. Just depends on how much fear of God I wanted to put into the players.

I've never worked out dimensions for the barge, but I thought this was mentioned somewhere. I'll have to check my books tonight unless someone else posts it.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

The Splugorth Slavers are brought to the shore by the Kittani Slaver Hydrofoil, a hydrofoil/hovercraft landing vehicle, that can hold a number of slavers, as well as many Kittani Power armour types. It's stats are in one of the two South America books, I forget which one.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I still don't see why they spend the time and money to use slave barges to gather up weak SDC / HP beings with no armor and only SDC weapons. They could have a freaking Kydian Overlord with a taser powered by a energy backpack gather them up. :lol:
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I don't think there's ever been anything official on how Splugorth Slavers actually transport their victims. The barge doesn't seem big enough, or appear to have cells in any of the illustrations of it. I mean, you could tie a number of slaves up & just lie them down on top of the barge, but that seems fairly makeshift.

The floating eyes & the barge itself are equipped with SDC jolt guns, as if to herd captured slaves along, but herding them back on foot, when slavers are penetrating as far as the middle of North America, seems terribly impractical, and would reduce the floating slave barge to a virtual crawl, and an easy target.
Crazy Lou
Hero

Unread post by Crazy Lou »

sawg138 wrote:
Talavar wrote:I don't think there's ever been anything official on how Splugorth Slavers actually transport their victims. The barge doesn't seem big enough, or appear to have cells in any of the illustrations of it. I mean, you could tie a number of slaves up & just lie them down on top of the barge, but that seems fairly makeshift.

The floating eyes & the barge itself are equipped with SDC jolt guns, as if to herd captured slaves along, but herding them back on foot, when slavers are penetrating as far as the middle of North America, seems terribly impractical, and would reduce the floating slave barge to a virtual crawl, and an easy target.

Which is why I figured they have other floating/wheeled cages to put the slaves in.

Definately floating cages. Wheels are a thing of the past to these guys :D
"If it's dangerous, do it. If it's suicidal, do it NOW!" -- Graffiti painted outside a Juicer Bar

nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -- Seneca The Younger
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Talavar wrote:I don't think there's ever been anything official on how Splugorth Slavers actually transport their victims. The barge doesn't seem big enough, or appear to have cells in any of the illustrations of it. I mean, you could tie a number of slaves up & just lie them down on top of the barge, but that seems fairly makeshift.

When penetrating far into the mainland, I've always pictured them teleporting into a main rally point and spreading out from there. When they have captured their limit, they head back to the rally point and the slave are dropped off. When the rally point reachs full capacity the slaves are sent through a portal to either a larger holding/processing center, Atlantis, or another dimension all together. Only using the hydrofoil for coastal and sea borne raids.

But thats just how I imagined it worked.
hup7
Wanderer

Re: Splugorth Slavers

Unread post by hup7 »

The art work on the original RMB would indicate the barge is about 10 ft to 15 ft, however newer artwork (savage) makes it look quite a bit larger 20 ft to 30 ft. Personally, I play with them around 15' diameter, this allows room for 4 altara to surround the slaver nicely on a grid.
https://imgur.com/CRO6GiW

On South America 1:
Splugorth Slave Raider is 55 ft high, 65 ft wide and 200 ft long and contains:
"It typically carries a company of 64 armored troops, usually Kittani Serpent or Equestrian power armor, plus 12 Splugorth Slavers on flying barges and 60 Blind Warrior Women (see Rifts Atlantis for descriptions). Additionally, its cargo holds have room for 800 humanoid captives, in 100 special cells, complete with shackles and armored walls and doors." You could try to reengineer how they fit, 64 equestrian power amour would take up a fair amount of space, and we have no idea how much space engines and crew spaces take up.

Personally, I assume they carry some sort of collapsible / magic cages and call for pickup. Alternately they "tow" the cages underneath the barge so they can be easily dropped off in an emergency. Note, if you imagine a cage the size of an elevator (roughly 5 ft by 6ft) that can hold 20 people (uncomfortably) they could easily "tow" 4 cages beneath the barge.
psiandco
Explorer

Unread post by psiandco »

where did the first post go?
and... why?

what was the question?
psiandco
Explorer

Unread post by psiandco »

where do the captured go on the barge? easy, a bag of holding. or something akin to one.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Artwork can be misleading.
The issue is we do not have size of the slaver barge.

Not all targets to be enslaved lack mdc defenders.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re:

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I always went with storage lockers in the deck of the barge, each big enough for one slave.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic locked as there was 15 years between posts.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”