Yet Another New Setting

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Eric42
Wanderer

Yet Another New Setting

Unread post by Eric42 »

Years ago, I had this idea and since I am trying to spur on conversation here in the Dead Reign forum, I thought I'd share the basics of that idea.

So, the game would begin as a variant of a Beyond the Supernatural game in a sense. Something weird is going on and the PCs are engaged into finding out what it is. As the PCs investigate, they uncover a plot that could plunge the world into the zombie apocalypse, though what it is they uncover could differ from game to game. Possibilities include a madman using science to either unwittingly or even knowingly create zombies (PCs could end up doing battle with "patient zero", who is not only a zombie but also very strong and fast and retains their intelligence and knowledge!), a company that is doing drug trials that has a huge side-effect of killing people and turning them into the undead, or... well, the possibilities are limitless. From there, the PCs must act, giving them a chance to bring it to an end before the unthinkable happens. However, they can fail and still play, turning the game into a game of Dead Reign.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Re: Yet Another New Setting

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

I was working on this exact same thing years ago. It seemed like a good progression for the concept.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Hmm, I did a Dead Reign game where a group gathers, finds their way to an island connected by bridges to the mainland after a few games and a bunch of paranoia the team manages to secure the island and then set out to gather supplies. On one of their trips they see these creatures that look like they're made of black metal. Whenever they work up to trying to approach they pass through a reflection of themselves and as their boat is assaulted they pass out they awaken, already fighting but it isn't their hands... or bodies and they're surrounded by weird creatures all fighting the metal creatures. Once they win they again pass out and awaken on their boat the tide and current has taken them back near the island they cam from. They're then contacted and invited to join a group where they are shown they're nightspawn. They come to realize that the zombies they've been fighting was hysteria the group concocted because they found zombies easier to cope with than hunters. As part of the new group they eventually start using the Astral plane to go into Rifts. So the game is a Dead Reign/Nightspawn/Rifts game. But I use all the PB books in my Rifts.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I will point out that DR is a separate game from the rest of the PB games. NNtR
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

?what do you mean?

Rt is its own
AtB is its own... wait easier this way
AFAIK the only ones really linked are BtS/CE/Rifts
It can be argued that N&S and HU are also parts of that but the rest are seperat from those timeliness and worlds.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Dead Reign™”