any news about the project?

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

any news about the project?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the murmurs and weekly updates have stopped mentioning Rifter 0.1, and last i knew it was undergoing review and editing. but that was months ago.

so is there any word as to where the project stands at the moment?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Prysus
Champion

Re: any news about the project?

Unread post by Prysus »

glitterboy2098 wrote:the murmurs and weekly updates have stopped mentioning Rifter 0.1, and last i knew it was undergoing review and editing. but that was months ago.

so is there any word as to where the project stands at the moment?

Greetings and Salutations. They're still mentioned in almost every Weekly Update (may have missed one or two), but it's more or less the same copy and paste line. This is latest one.

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – December 13, 2012 wrote:DriveThruRPG.com is also your place to get PDFs of older products and sneak previews of upcoming books. Many back issues of The Rifter® are available on DriveThruRPG.com (issues #1-52), as are more than 90 out of print titles such as Rifts®, BTS™ and Palladium Fantasy® first edition rule books and sourcebooks. A sneak preview of Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook should also be coming soon. We have not forgotten about the PDF only editions of The Rifter® #0.1 and The Rifter® #0.2 – both are big, juicy digital editions of new, fan created material for the Palladium Megaverse® of games.

Note the last line/sentence. My guess is that with all the books the books they're working on (such as Northern Gun 1 & 2), it's taken a bit of a backseat. Though that's the only official word on it so far.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

So any recent news? I've noticed the project no longer even get mentioned in murmurs.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

glitterboy2098 wrote:So any recent news? I've noticed the project no longer even get mentioned in murmurs.

Greetings and Salutations. Nothing new, but it does still get mentioned in Weekly Updates (the same copy/paste job as always). It's not every week (typically when they're busy and Kevin keeps his updates short, it gets cut), but every time they mention DriveThruRPG (in the update section, not the catalog section at the bottom). For example ...

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183

In the Sneak Preview topic, second paragraph, last sentence.

Same as above.

Same as above (though the section is further down this time, right below the update on Rifter #62).

With the recent Vampire Sourcebook Preview up on DriveThruRPG, it's been mentioned the last few weeks. But it does disappear for a few weeks, then comes back, then disappears for a few weeks, then returns. I'm not trying to say this is great news and it's going to happen soon, honest this time! I'm just saying it is still mentioned.

If anyone has new updates (not just the same copy/paste) ... I'd love to hear it! While I appreciate it's still mentioned, the same copy/paste job just kind of makes me nod along like something I've heard before but don't honestly expect to happen (at least not any time soon). Don't get me wrong, I know they're busy so I'm not mad, just not holding my breath either.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Any new developments anyone has heard of?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

13eowulf wrote:Any new developments anyone has heard of?

Greetings and Salutations. This was addressed in a (relatively) recent Gateway to the Megaverse podcast.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/ta ... 867&cmd=tc

Episode: Kickstarter Kevin (the newest one).

Basically it's a big project. Some of the work is really good, and some of the work he feels is a little questionable. The question arose whether they'd edit it themselves, kick it back to the Rifter 0.1 editors/authors, just pass it as is (since it's only a fan project anyways), or what. In the end it's a big project and it'll take time for them to deal with, and the sad truth is that it's just not a top priority for them right now. That's fairly understandable considering everything they have on their plate right now. While I'm not happy about the news, I definitely understand it and can't complain.

For note: I'm going off memory from 2 months ago. If I misquoted anything or worded it in negative light, consider that it may be MY fault as a result of misremembering or just wording it poorly. Please, don't blame Kevin throat or Palladium. Feel free to listen to it if you'd like to hear it from the man himself. However it's an hour and thirty-nine minutes, the Rifter 0.1 talk is probably less than 5 minutes, and I can't remember when they discuss it.

Anyways, hope some of that helps. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

I thank you for keeping us informed, Prysus. Your diligence is admirable.

For anyone who doesn't know, Doublenix and I have a podcast now. We haven't addressed any Palladium subjects directly yet, partly because we wanted to establish our show's identity before being compared to the Palladium-centric gaming shows. We just uploaded our 7th episode tonight. We are gearing up for recording another round of interviews soon. If anyone would like to jam on the show about their Rifter contributions, let me know.

Save vs Nerd Rage
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Does no one want to talk about their submissions on the show?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Lord Z wrote:Does no one want to talk about their submissions on the show?

Greetings and Salutations. Well, I'm still willing if we can work something out (communication wise, as my computer doesn't have a microphone that works). We discussed that once before (a long time ago), I just figured you knew the option still stood. Anyways, that's all for now. Shoot me an e-mail and maybe we can still figure something out. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”