2010: Status of the Project

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

2010: Status of the Project

Unread post by Lord Z »

This is a new year, and we have an unresolved situation. It is time to discuss our plans again. We currently have about 250 pages of material donated to the Rifter 0.1 Project, but we do not have authorization from Palladium to continue.

Sooooooooo, discuss.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero

Re: 2010: Status of the Project

Unread post by Lord Z »

Thank you for the input. Releasing the materials as a free document in line with the Palladium internet policy has been suggested, and the concensus is leaning in that direction. Each contributor, of course, owns his or her materials until given to Palladium, so a free release would be a up to the individual contributor. With over 250 pages of materials, we should have a nice sized ebook even if only some of the contributors decide to go forward with a free release. I might take you up on that offer. First, however, I want to tell Wayne personally what is happening.

I sent this e-mail to Wayne today...
Hello Wayne,

It is that time again. It's time to discuss the next Rifter Zero. We had another meeting amongst the contributors, and we have reached a new consensus. Expect a phone call from me later today or this evening.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I tried yesterday evening and again this afternoon, but I have been unable to get Wayne on the phone yet. I would like to try, a little more foreforcefully, again tomorrow. After that, we'll just have to cut our loses (lost time that is) and cut Wayne out of the decision making process.

Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Too bad. I just noticed this. It would have been cool and useful. Maybe it is too much info for them right now.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Actually, I just minutes ago received an e-mail response from Wayne. He wants me to call him next week.

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Well if you go ahead with the net publication angle and not an officially sanctioned "book"per se (and just to remind people the Rifter material is not actually "official" material for the most part) why not call it The Gifter as someone had suggested before since it is a Rifter but free?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

darkanx wrote:I would be all for helping out with the net publishing. I totally got some time to help put towards building a website or compiling everything into pdfs should someone need a hand.

I actually wonder, however... if palladium would be opposed to fan-publications? Probably a much bigger task than anyone here is prepared to take, but I am flashing back to those good ol days in gaming stores when you could find those little fan publications for DnD adventures, dungeons, and materials. Bah, I can dream. Those kind of stores are too rare these days.

I think a solidly built website for collecting submissions and publishing them into nice 100ish page pdf netbooks would be a nice way to go (or use this forum - I recommend both). Release a new one every time you get a 100 pages of material or once every quarter, or so, like the real rifter.

As for the name, The Gifter sounds... a little too...not right somehow... Like it is a book about Christmas.
Maybe something like "The dRifter". You could write the editorial blurbs from the point of view of a vagabond called "the drifter" recalling the things he has seen in his travels. I dunno...maybe a poll, contest, or something. heh

The dRifter....I liek that. Make him a multidimensional drifter to boot :D
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

darkanx wrote:I actually wonder, however... if palladium would be opposed to fan-publications? Probably a much bigger task than anyone here is prepared to take, but I am flashing back to those good ol days in gaming stores when you could find those little fan publications for DnD adventures, dungeons, and materials. Bah, I can dream. Those kind of stores are too rare these days.

They would not go for that.

darkanx wrote:I think a solidly built website for collecting submissions and publishing them into nice 100ish page pdf netbooks would be a nice way to go (or use this forum - I recommend both). Release a new one every time you get a 100 pages of material or once every quarter, or so, like the real rifter.

This would work and sounds like a nice idea.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

There is already a fan publication entitled Gifter. I was leaning towards Grifter, but there seems to already be a Canadian publication entitled Grifter Magazine. Drifter appeals to me. I will have to check to see if that name is bbeing used already.

As for a website, we would likely just hand out files by request and give copies to Tenchuu for hosting permannetly at NexusNine.net. He has been very generous about hosting articles like that in the past, most recently my Court of Tarot Errata.

As for the work involved, it would mostly be editing out stuff that would not pass the Palladium Internet Policy. For example, I recycled some artwork from Boxed Nightmares 1 when editing the BN2 sourcebook for Rifter 0.1.
Wayne has expressed opostition in the past to simply giving away the material, but if he flat out doesn't have time to deal with it, we feel right now that giving these materials away beats doing nothing at all.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I was asked to call back Wednesday morning.

Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Let us know how that turns out.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”