Status of the project

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Status of the project

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

Well, I'm a little busy right now but I hope to be going back to school in the fall which should allow for a little more open time to deal with it, so that being said the final deadline for submission and submission forms will be the end of september. After that, if the book needs more material I'll fill it up myself. Any artists that want to submit to it should let me know and preferably send in a form. General art can be fine but if you're able to do some stuff on request (nothing crazy or too detailed) that would be great too.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Status of the project

Unread post by Prysus »

Prince Artemis wrote:Well, I'm a little busy right now but I hope to be going back to school in the fall which should allow for a little more open time to deal with it, so that being said the final deadline for submission and submission forms will be the end of september. After that, if the book needs more material I'll fill it up myself.

Greetings and Salutations. I've already submitted something to the Rifter 0.1 (you may recall), but if more material is required let me know. I already submitted a lot of my non-book ideas to the Rifter, but if more material is needed I can see if I can come up with more (if necessary/desired).
Prince Artemis wrote:Any artists that want to submit to it should let me know and preferably send in a form. General art can be fine but if you're able to do some stuff on request (nothing crazy or too detailed) that would be great too.

I do know an artist. He doesn't really play Palladium (or any RPG), but is willing to do some art (or at least was in the past, but I made this offer months ago). I have all the books if references are required, and he can take some requests if needed (the more time you give him the more likely the work will get done though). He doesn't do digital art, so it would be done on paper and scanned into the computer for a digital copy. I could show some samples of his work if desired. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

lets see, i've got small article in the BTS stuff that got sent in (i think), but i'm working on finishing up an article i'd already had mostly done. the SkyKnight Indiustries stuff. i had a few more ideas for Vehicles. :) Arzno just got a whole lot more interesting..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I'm not officially an organizer of the Rifter 0.1 so take what I say with that in mind, but I believe I can help save Prince Artemis some trouble and answer a few questions and give a bit of information on the Rifter 0.1 (or that is my hope).

What is the Rifter 0.1?
The Rifter 0 was the first electronic Rifter (I believe first electronic book in general) done by Palladium Books. It was organized by Prince Artemis. Rifter 0.1 is the second attempt/issue of the electronic Rifter. All of the material is submitted by fans like the traditional Rifter, following the same guidelines.

Do we get paid?
I believe this is all volunteer work, so no payment. However it is your chance to see your work published in an official Palladium Books project. Being published in the Rifter 0.1 is similar to being published in the traditional Rifter, but without the pay. This is available for download online, and can make it easy for people to gain a copy of your work.

I submitted something to the traditional Rifter, can I resubmit it here?
No. This must be original work. The project is meant as an aid to Palladium Books. Resubmitting something would cause Palladium to go through their files and try to remove it (as they may still have it to save it in the future), which would take time and effort. Since this is meant to help Palladium, causing them extra work is being avoided. Also, the Rifter 0.1 must meet a certain quality of work. If Palladium rejected the work the first time, then it's not going to be accepted this time.

I have an idea for an article, should I run it passed you first?
Just write it. Several people have approached Prince Artemis with an idea and he's said to go with it. Then they don't follow through with the idea, don't respond to e-mails, etc. This ends up being a waste of time for all involved. The Rifter 0.1 is looking for all sorts of material. So if you have an idea, simply write it and submit it. If it's good, it'll get printed. Simple as that!

What do I need to do to submit?
1) First thing you need to do is write the article. Rifts, PF, HU, BtS, N&S, Splicers, and others are welcome. Standard Rifter policy applies. A copy of that policy can be found here: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/submissio ... guide.html
2) Next, you can submit it by sending the article to: rifter0@gmail.com
3) You'll receive information after that of where to send your Unsolicited Manuscript Form (UMF).
4) Mail your UMF using the information provided.
5) That's it! You're done.

What if I don't want to sign a UMF?
Sorry, without a UMF the article can't be published. It won't even be read. Even without pay this is still an official Palladium Books project and requires the UMF for legal purposes. While several articles were submitted, only about 5 UMF were actually mailed. All those submitted without a UMF can't even be considered for publication.

Can I photocopy the UMF instead of mailing it?
It needs to be a physical copy. I'm not sure why, but guess it's one of those legal reasons.

Okay, that's all for now. If I'm wrong on anything Prince Artemis can feel free to correct me. If I'm somehow come off rude and turned you off of the project, remember I'm not officially associated with the project and don't let me affect your judgement. I'm only trying to provide information and help things stay moving. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Edit:: When will we see Rifter 0.2?
Before Rifter 0.2 is even thought about, we'll wait until Rifter 0.1 is finished. Rifter 0.2 would be the next in the series, and not even started until Rifter 0.1 is finished, if even started at all. So far it has taken over a year for Rifter 0.1 to get off the ground, so Rifter 0.2 is probably futher down the road if ever.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Again, I am not officially a part of the Rifter 0.1 project beyond following the information. With that said, I'll try to answer a few of the questions.

First, for the Rifter 0.2, I believe that was either a typo or mental mistake (since Rifter 0.1 is the second Rifter 0 project, he may have called it Rifter 0.2 by mistake but it's really Rifter 0.1). I can't say for sure what he means, but that's just my best guess.

Second, I had thought about submitting stuff to the NPC book, but just don't have enough material ready. I'd have to make all new material (which I've debated about) but have been busy with various other projects. Since you seem to have plenty of submissions as it is, I haven't felt the need to really push myself either (if you were short I'd try to make the time out of necessity).

Third, for the UMF aspect. Again, I'm not officially with Palladium, but I'm pretty sure it has to be a signed form. For example, with Prince Artemis, I e-mailed him my submission, then had to get the information where to mail my UMF. With Palladium, I'll provide a couple quotes for you.

Rifter Submission Guidelines page wrote:Submit stuff to the Rifter via eMail. Then you must sign & mail in the Unsolicited Manuscript, Idea, and Artwork Agreement, -- we will not look at a submission without a signed agreement.

Note, it does say to mail the form after it mentions submitting via e-mail.
Unsolicited Manuscript Form page wrote:Special Note: This form will be mailed to you if you are submitting to the Rifter® via email.

Note how it mentions it being mailed (physically) for e-mail submissions.

Now I could be wrong. Again, I am no way affiliated with Palladium Books beyond submitting various work. If Prince Artemis (for this project) or anyone else at Palladium Books says otherwise then I'll happily admit I'm wrong. Hopefully some of that helps though. Thank you for your time and patience, please have a nice day. Farewell and safe journeys for now.

Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

The Submission Guidelines on the main page have several inaccuracies. I've been pointing to them for a year now. Trying to get anyone with authority to notice the problem is worse than pulling teeth. Actually fixing the problem -- well, that's just crazy talk.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I have started a discussion about what to do with these materials. The thread is at Tank Nine. If you don't have a Tank account but would still want to make your voice heard, send me a PM. I will pass it along. http://forums.nexusnine.net/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=7;t=121;st=120;r=1;&#entry127
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I spoke with Wayne yesterday, just to find out what he would like done. Wayne said he wanted to discuss it with Kevin.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I spoke with Wayne again on Friday. He still had not reached a decision.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I spoke with Wayne again this afternoon. No decisions have been reached, but he did give me some specific information about what not to do.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I called Palladium again today. I was asked to call again next week.

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

I spoke with Wayne moments ago. He said, 'I am going to get back to you on this. We haven't had time to discuss it and decide what we want to do yet. Please ask them to be patient.'

Lord Z
Hero

Unread post by Lord Z »

Sorry folks, I have nothing to report. I still haven't heard from Wayne.

I understand that many are all feeling frustrated from the situation. I feel frustarted too. Matthew held up the project for a year while we waited for him to make a simple decision. Now, we have been waiting for Wayne to give us an answer for nearly half a year. I myself am not looking forward to changing all of those 2010 references in the material to 2011 (as I already did when changing for 2009 to 2010).

I ask as a favor to me to please not do anything yet. The year is almost over anyway, so it won't hurt any to wait for the end of the year. I also suggest continuing our moratorium on development of 0.1 materials. Some of us have invested a huge number of man hours in these articles already (especially one certain guy, not me), and my top priority is insuring that no further efforts are wasted on a project that is increasingly unlikely to ever develop into a real product.

Return to “The Rifter® Zero.x.x Project”