HU2 Ancient Master crit

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritInterface
Hero

HU2 Ancient Master crit

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

Can anyone tell me why the HU2 Ancient Master doesn't get a better crit chance by level. They start with a crit of 20 and it never gets better. Almost every other hand to hand at 6th level get a crit on a 18-20.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
green.nova343
Adventurer

Re: HU2 Ancient Master crit

Unread post by green.nova343 »

SpiritInterface wrote:Can anyone tell me why the HU2 Ancient Master doesn't get a better crit chance by level. They start with a crit of 20 and it never gets better. Almost every other hand to hand at 6th level get a crit on a 18-20.

That is an...excellent question. And after looking back at the rules, I also question why HTH: Expert gains not only a "Critical Strike on natural X" but also the "Critical Strike from Behind", or why HTH: Commando gets "Death Blow on natural X" before "Critical Strike on natural X".

I would recommend that the character get it at 6th level (just like HTH: Martial Arts and HTH: Expert), natural 18-20.
VirusDancer
D-Bee
Comment: "Pain is life - the sharper, the more evidence of life." - Charles Lamb.

Unread post by VirusDancer »

SpiritInterface wrote:Can anyone tell me why the HU2 Ancient Master doesn't get a better crit chance by level. They start with a crit of 20 and it never gets better. Almost every other hand to hand at 6th level get a crit on a 18-20.

Yeah, even HtH: Basic gets 19-20 at level 6.

Still surprised this didn't come up in the old FAQ.

I agree with Green Nova though about going with the 18-20 that the HtH: Martial Arts Master would have obviously gotten with HtH: Martial Arts.

edit: You know, looking at it more, I'm kind of a different opinion on this now. A Death Blow of 17-20 that's better than the Crit and KO? Meh, can be infuriating at times trying to make heads or tales of things.

edit2: It's even more bothersome, because in checking the Ancient Masters in both Century Station and Grammercy Island it's the same thing, they only list the Crit from Behind along with the DB/KO - no additional Crit.
matt.reed
Wanderer
Comment: wrote several power cat updates for the Rifter, and Cascade
guidesmegaverse.podbean.com

Unread post by matt.reed »

I'd make the crit chance 2 pts better than the deathblow

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”