Animal Metamorphosis & Supernatural Strength together?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Janos2001
D-Bee

Animal Metamorphosis & Supernatural Strength together?

Unread post by Janos2001 »

Hello all,

Sorry to bother, but I can not seem to locate an answer to this question, despite searching forums and Googleing (and I admit, I might just be blind lol). The crux of my question is, has three been any kind of official answer somewhere that might answer the question of if you take the Supernatural Strength and Animal Metamorphosis powers, will your strength remain Supernatural in animal form? I know that when in animal form you take on all the physical characteristics of the animal while keeping your own HP/SDC or MD, mentals and ability to speak and your strength moves to match the form's numerically, but would it still remain Supernatural, or actually change to normal or whatever the animal has?

I would think the answer is yes since according to the rules on pg 74 says that powers that alter your physical structure can not be used together (while also saying that some things that don't make sense either, like APS: Fire and being underwater), and then goes on to list powers in the book that can not be used together, of which SNS is not listed.

Also, in the vice versa of this (and of somewhat less important lol), if you do not have SNS and take the form of something that does, does yours change to SNS, or remain normal and just change numbers to match?

Thank you all for your time.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Animal Metamorphosis & Supernatural Strength together?

Unread post by taalismn »

Building a werewolf?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Janos2001
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:Building a werewolf?

Not with this, no. I will be in a RIFTS game, and since Most things we are likely to encounter are going to be MDC related (Naturally or Artificially), I would like to think that my Tiger, bear, or whatever else is actually able to be of use in such a situation where I either don't have other weapons with me due to whatever., or if I choose to play him as someone who prefers to rely on his natural (well, superhuman) abilities. It is actually a bigger issue than it might seem at first since if you change forms, you have to leave everything you are wearing and carrying behind, which means caught away from your gear, you have no way to even engage anything really. I do not mind the numbers themselves changing. I mean, a Supernaturally strong tiger should not hit as hard as a Supernaturally strong Bear, or bite as hard as a Supernaturally Strong Croc/Gator (don't get me started on the fact that they still have not released an update to bring the Crocodilian Family's bite force up to be stronger than a Tiger as yet.. it will make me cry again lol).
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

If you're going to be playing in Rifts, why not use one of the Rifts lycanthropic races instead? They're ridiculously powerful in and of themselves, and are already tailored to the setting's rules.

You also don't have to ditch all your gear when you transform (especially since there's less of a need to transform back to human unless you're heading into a Coalition area). Weapons and armor in particular come in all shapes and sizes for the myriad different d-bees in Rifts, which include Dog-Boys and other anthropormorphic races. And with the existence of Spandex and memory materials, they can even transform with you unless the two forms have grossly different shapes and sizes.
Janos2001
D-Bee

Crimson Dynamo wrote:If you're going to be playing in Rifts, why not use one of the Rifts lycanthropic races instead? They're ridiculously powerful in and of themselves, and are already tailored to the setting's rules.

You also don't have to ditch all your gear when you transform (especially since there's less of a need to transform back to human unless you're heading into a Coalition area). Weapons and armor in particular come in all shapes and sizes for the myriad different d-bees in Rifts, which include Dog-Boys and other anthropormorphic races. And with the existence of Spandex and memory materials, they can even transform with you unless the two forms have grossly different shapes and sizes.

No Coalition, this campaign is in Europe.. specifically in Germany at the moment. Main reason is because he is not going to be an Anthropormorphic, he will either be human or animal forms only, but also because I do not want him limited to just one Animal form. This allows him to spy as a Mouse or Bird, escape quickly by taking to the air and flying or turning into a fast moving quadruped. Also, I do not want him to be practically invulnerable (need there to be some sort of reason to be careful).

Plus, if memory serves me, Lycanthropic races are supernatural, which means they should be detectable by anything and anyone who can pick up on that, where a Mutant who can change forms without magic isn't. Not to mention, the GM does not want anything that is 100% Supernatural/overpowered, and I think a true Lycanthrope would be (or at least should be if they are not). The other reason I was wanting supernatural Strength was because I planned on him being a Wilderness Scout and relying on a Bow for his ranged attacks (using the Bow that needed an 18 SNS or 35 Regular) and using Manipulate Kinetic Energy to get double damage (4d6) from it. Yeah, I know.. a Wilderness Scout with a bow and can turn into animals, very cliche lol.

However, having said all of that, if needs be, I am also considering using the Lycanthrope Superpower instead of the Animal Metamorphosis and ditching the spy concept and instead going more with a more predatory concept (Lycanthropy Super power, and a few others, and MAYBE keeping The Archer concept for when not able to shift). This will still give me some shapeshifting power, but not the huge invulnerabilities that it had. Lastly, barring all of that, I have one last Thing I am considering, but that is a pure RIFTS R.C.C. and not HU, so no point in listing it lol.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”