Robotic repair systems?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Robotic repair systems?

Unread post by PapaMambo »

I'm just getting back into HU (after rebuying ALL the books I got rid of a few years back - stupid me!)

I was just wondering if there were rules for automatic repair systems for robotic/cybernetic systems (either official or fan made/Rifter article)

What would a system like this cost $ wise if integrated into an exoskeleton? How much do you think it should cost for a cyborg?

I'm trying to stat out some fluff. We all know HU is somewhat... dated, so I'm looking to bring it up to date with current(ish) tech. Maybe some nanotech or something (a la our favorite billionaire playboy genius philanthropist)
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous
taalismn
Priest

Re: Robotic repair systems?

Unread post by taalismn »

The Rifts Bionics sourcebook has a nanite-based repair system that can be easily used as a model for an SDC system.

There might be an alien system in the Megaversal Builder as an option for the Machine's minion-bots.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide, Page 140 has self repair micro-robotics system. I believe it is what you want. I think there may be bionic self repair in either that book or the original Aliens Unlimited.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

PapaMambo wrote:I was just wondering if there were rules for automatic repair systems for robotic/cybernetic systems (either official or fan made/Rifter article)

In the HU2 game, these are found in the Aliens Unlimited: Galaxy Guide gamebook.

What would a system like this cost $ wise if integrated into an exoskeleton? How much do you think it should cost for a cyborg?

Personally as a GM I wouldn't have any problem with an alien having a repair system incorporated into a Power Armor. See the robotics power cat for a budjet and the HU:Aliens Unlimited game book and the AU:GG for features that are outside the earth avalible robotic features.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”