Minor Power - Energy Expulsion: Time

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Minor Power - Energy Expulsion: Time

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

So been watching to much Doctor Who and other cheezy sci-fi and I was thinking of a minor power of Energy Expulsion but have the energy be time.

The basic damage is easy enough, I was assuming 1D6 + 1d6 per level ... but I was thinking since it's temporal energy why not allow it to work either way, so you could do damage by going one way, but then allowing it to heal damage if you went the other. But still not sure about the mechanics and if that's going to be do crazy or not. Or if someone already did it and better.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Minor Power - Energy Expulsion: Time

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I read in on book that had a magic spell that sped up time on a wound to heal it. But the healed person would have to get the magic un-done after the normal amount of time for the wound to heal. Otherwise they would get a necrotic wound in that spot the same amount of time that was use to heal said wound. As a precursor to the person expiring.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

My thought was you could use the time powers on the wounded body part to take it back in time to before it was wounded. Or that's the techno-babbly justification at least. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

If it were just a damaging effect one could pare down the major power EE:Dimensional Energy(Armageddon Unlimited), or lift something from the spell Temporal Blast(Rifts DB13). With the potential for healing it's suggestive of the major powers Life Leech(PU3) and Energy Drain & Expulsion: Life Source(AU), both of which require physical contact and an external source of energy.

As a minor power, I'd probably start with Healing Power(PU1) or the Healing Touch of the Priest OCC, and decide how much needs to be dialed back in order to 1)make it ranged, 2)have a damaging option, and 3)not simultaneously cause harm to the user. If there isn't a daily cap on receiving healing from this power, and it's able to heal MDC where applicable, then it probably shouldn't offer more than a point or two a round. If there's some sort of negative side effect from receiving repeated temporal healing like localized telomere shortening or whatever then there's more wiggle room.

If it's instead about reversing recently inflicted injury that could be cool, but I'm not sure just how restricted a No He Didn't ray should be to stay a minor power.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Palladium doesn't like free, unlimited healing. I think the concept is cool though - I would see it as a major power, and the healing can only be used on a person once per melee, and only like twice per day, +1 additional time per every 3 or 4 levels. If used more than once in a melee on the same person, or used more times per day on that person, there should be a table of effects that gets rolled on, like temporary and permanent aging effects, mutations from temporal energy fluctuations, and the like. Following the example of later powers, this would probably take 2 or 3 actions to use (see powers like mental stun and EE: Plasma for precedent).
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Iczer did an Energy Expulsion: Time power for the New Powers thread. I'm not sure it is what you are looking for, but here it is:

Energy Expulsion: Time [Minor] by Iczer
"Time for you to go to Jail, Monstersaurus!"
The character projects waves of temporal particles that affect and afflict the target.
Range: 75 feet Plus 5 feet per level.
Duration: Instant. each use of EE Time counts as a single melee attack.
Damage: 1D6 per level of experience.
Bonus to Strike: +4 with an aimed shot, +1 wild.
Other Effects: Each time the target is struck, he must make a saving throw or suffer additional damage equal to the character's ME. The saving throw is 14 and the target may add any ME bonuses to resist. The target takes his initial damage from raw chronal forces (energy) but his saving throw is to resist having cells physically age and die (and as such while energy resistance protects Vs initial damage, it doesn't help vs the secondary effect).
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Daniel Stoker
Knight

It's close-ish, but obviously doesn't have the 'reverse' part I was considering as well. Thank you for adding this though Stone Gargoyle as I do like the other effects idea.

Daniel Stoker
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Well, Iczer did a bunch of temporal powers like that one. If the Black Vault Wiki were up and running, I could post links to them. The only suggestion I can make now is to search the New Powers thread for them.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

You might have the deficit/penilty that the target of the EE:T loose an APM or multiple APM.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”