do Bands of Mortis break Enchanted Object rules?

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Plane
D-Bee

do Bands of Mortis break Enchanted Object rules?

Unread post by Plane »

Armageddon Unlimited pg 72 says this "Deevil Object" casts spells at 9th level, but pg 149 of HU2's "power level of the enchanted object" only has levels 4/5/6/7 as options.

Also wondering if this would also mean that Energy Expulsion: Dimensional Energy is used at 9th level too?

If so that's pretty powerful and makes me wonder how many there are and if Sahtalus or his avatars might be using them.

Might explain how Dyval is able to hold off stuff like Demon Knights.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re: do Bands of Mortis break Enchanted Object rules?

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

If it is, it's fine with me. It's probably meant to be a Mega-Enchanted Object. But they were very grey-ish about what were and weren't "Mega" heroes/villians stuff.
EDIT:I mean in Armigeddon(SP?) Unlimited.
Last edited by Sir_Spirit on Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I'm a lot late, but I'll send what Sir Spirit said.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Just consider it an item for the Rifts Game and ignore it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

But that would be boring, just use it instead.
I'd make a home ruling that if they used the bands to get to the Tower, then the Band's can also take them to exactly the spot the left from{though with the same amount of time having passed}.
But, even if you don't it's still a fun item.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

I would allow it and as another said consider it a form of mega item , for example in Fantasy they give the rules for magic weapons by alchemist . Yet in the northern hinter lands is a magic sword called viper strike which break the rules . Created by an alchemist called the griming sinister sounds like a happy chap , think of these mega items as the pin cal of enchanted items were the next step is runic .

Sigh probably did not help .
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Just consider it an item for the Rifts Game and ignore it.

But this is not Rifts. This is Heroes Unlimited
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

NMI wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Just consider it an item for the Rifts Game and ignore it.

But this is not Rifts. This is Heroes Unlimited

hummm...it felt like a crossover book the way it was written when I read it. Then again I only play heroes, not villeins so it was useless to me. And because of that mine seams to have been sold off.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would just assume that the basic rules are the way that "normal items work".
There are always going to be edge cases and unique items that break the rules.
Goldenrod in VU has a unique petrefication power that doesn't exactly fit the rules, but it fits the *mood* so its all fine.
Example NPCs are constantly breaking the rules so why not have example items do it as well?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Plane
D-Bee

Unread post by Plane »

so would EEDE work at level nine?
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Maybe? If it did, it would only work at level 9, meaning if you got to level 10+ it wouldn't increase. OTOH, if they player were willing to have it work at their level, it would go up in level, but again that's a GM rulling. I think RAW (Rules As Written) it would work at level 9 maybe?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Plane wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:35 am Armageddon Unlimited pg 72 says this "Deevil Object" casts spells at 9th level, but pg 149 of HU2's "power level of the enchanted object" only has levels 4/5/6/7 as options.

Also wondering if this would also mean that Energy Expulsion: Dimensional Energy is used at 9th level too?

If so that's pretty powerful and makes me wonder how many there are and if Sahtalus or his avatars might be using them.

Might explain how Dyval is able to hold off stuff like Demon Knights.
I would say
1) its a unique item and thus can have unique abilites or powers like many of the other items written up in the books

2) it says "casts spells" so it casts spells. It does not say "uses super powers at" so I would say... it doesn't. This of course doesn't tell us at what level it does do that at but whatever
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”