New Power Ideas: Cups, Buckets and Boiling Mud

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

89er
Adventurer

New Power Ideas: Cups, Buckets and Boiling Mud

Unread post by 89er »

Had some recent ideas for new Superpowers but I want your feedback in order to refine them.

+Plenty of Cups: Allows the user to create bio polymer cups for holding liquids or small items. Safe for drinking out of, at higher levels the sizes can grow from minikeg (1.75 gallons) to 3 or 5 gallon bucket amounts. The containers can also become more durable, even minor mega damage for holding hazardous substances.
Good for gatherings or siphoning super solider serum form your local blacksite.

+Hot Mud Blood: The user has a secondary cardiovascular system filled with scalding hot mud that sprays out when cut and can clot quickly. The user has natural earth tone splotches across their body as part of this power, could aid in hiding in dirt or mud.

Comments are welcome.
taalismn
Priest

Re: New Power Ideas: Cups, Buckets and Boiling Mud

Unread post by taalismn »

Ouch...A lot of work needs to go into these...

*Plenty of Cups:
-Work on a better name for this.
-Determine just how many cups and what size the super being can produce at a time
-How long do the cups last? Are they biodegradable, or are we looking as a plastic pollution problem here?
-What sorts of substances can they hold? Corrosives/Alkaloids? This might go to how much damage they can take?
-Can the power produce lidded(like travel mugs) cups or tupperware/buckets?
-Is it a Minor or a Major power?(Because it has no other ability other than producing cups, I'd consider its. Minor, and save the Major category for something more versatile, like Matter Explusion(Major) Extrude Plastics which would give you the ability to produce various plastics in volume, like enough to form a polyurethane house or enclosure).

*Hot Mud Blood
-Hot Mud Blood's a lot like my Flame Blood power and some other folks' powers that turn the person's biology into a poison factory. Alone that's not impressive in itself. If you're going to try adding other mud aspects to it, changing it into a Major power might be a better idea; Alter Physical Structure: Mud, or another version like it(There's already APS: Sand and APS: Tar) that turns the person into the equivalent of a hot mud pot. That way you can add damage resistance from being made of soft mud, can spray mud, throw mud balls, camouflage yourself as muddy ground and the like. Might be vulnerable to water-based attacks like a good strong firehose or a desiccation attack(would turn you to dust)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

You could have posed this question in the New Powers thread.

Plenty of Cups: What are the cups made of? Are they force field partial spheres? Extensions of your bio-armor? I can think of a dozen variants based on this idea. But then again, there are powers already existing that would allow you to shape them into cup form as a stunt.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:You could have posed this question in the New Powers thread..

I imagine because at this point it's less ' formatted powers wanting peer review', and more of a more honest 'I've got a notion that may not be entirely workable'.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:You could have posed this question in the New Powers thread..

I imagine because at this point it's less ' formatted powers wanting peer review', and more of a more honest 'I've got a notion that may not be entirely workable'.

I think both of these ideas are workable. It's just a matter of figuring out if they have already been done or can be done using existing powers, or if they merit actual writeups.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”