Question regarding: Enchanted Weapons

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kamina
D-Bee

Question regarding: Enchanted Weapons

Unread post by Kamina »

Hey All
Super quick question; is there an option to select a couple of super powers instead of the abilities that are listed for enchanted weapons?
Thanks!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Question regarding: Enchanted Weapons

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

There are no rules options for an enchanted weapon to grant super powers.

However....
The easiest way to modify the rules....

You could just have a weapon shaped Enchanted Object. I would limit the weapon's damage to that of a normal sword, spear,...;whatever' to that of a mundane weapon. And..with at most ONLY +1 die to damage or JUST a static +3 to +6 to damage.

Any way you choose to modify the char creation rules takes an 'Act of GM' to make it okay for that GM's game.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are no rules options for an enchanted weapon to grant super powers.

However....

You could just have a weapon shaped Enchanted Object. I would limit the weapon's damage to that of a normal sword, spear,...;whatever' to that of a mundane weapon. And..with at most ONLY +1 die to damage or JUST a static +3 to +6 to damage.

Any way you choose to modify the char creation rules takes an 'Act of GM' to make it okay for that GM's game.

Thanks for the confirmation! My player really only wants to create a suite of "armor" when he uses the weapon. It already creates an outfit so I will just create a simple power that summons a suit of armor (nothing to crazy, similar to a lesser version of bio-armor power found in Rifter Magazine).

Cheers & thanks!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Kamina wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There are no rules options for an enchanted weapon to grant super powers.

However....

Thanks for the confirmation! My player really only wants to create a suite of "armor" when he uses the weapon. It already creates an outfit so I will just create a simple power that summons a suit of armor (nothing to crazy, similar to a lesser version of bio-armor power found in Rifter Magazine).

Cheers & thanks!

If that is what was wanted.....Look at the transformation text in the Enchanted weapon within the "Battle Dress" text. It is written loosely enough that GMs can allow the char's 'battle dress' to be a set of armor.

This aspect of the Power Class was discussed here a few years ago. ....really I sould of said argued about. But it should still be fairly close to the front, if you want to go searching for it.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

Kamina wrote:

However....

Cheers & thanks!

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Kamina wrote:

However....

Cheers & thanks!

If that is what was wanted.....Look at the transformation text in the Enchanted weapon within the "Battle Dress" text. It is written loosely enough that GMs can allow the char's 'battle dress' to be a set of armor.

This aspect of the Power Class was discussed here a few years ago. ....really I sould of said argued about. But it should still be fairly close to the front, if you want to go searching for it.

Whelp, that's definitely food for thought. :) Never even thought of that and I am the GM.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Kamina wrote:Hey All
Super quick question; is there an option to select a couple of super powers instead of the abilities that are listed for enchanted weapons?
Thanks!

Uh, about Enchanted Weapons granting Super Abilities, both Weapons of Order and Weapons of Chaos have an option to grant 1 major or 2 minor powers, in the HU2 Main Book....
And those are in addition to the 6 Powers held by the weapon itself.
Directly under the Battle Dress text referenced.
HU2 pg 146 wrote:Super or Magic Abilities: In addition to the powers that the weapon's champion can call upon through it, and the magical transformation of body and clothing, the Enchanted Weapon also instills the character with power that he alone commands. Pick one of the following or make a random roll.
01-33 Choice of two Minor Super Abilities.
34-66 Choice of one Major Super Ability, excluding Immortal­ity or any of the Alter Physical Structure powers.
67-00 Magic. The hero can cast spells!
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Well since I hardly ever make a EW char I don't have that text Brian'ed into my brain.

Yes, now with closer inspection..Yes, both the weapons of Order and the weapons of Chaos have super abilites texts in them. However, the text in the WoO text haven't a Bolded text header...as was done to the WoC text. So I guess it was missed when I skimmed the text of the WoO section.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

13eowulf wrote:Uh, about Enchanted Weapons granting Super Abilities, both Weapons of Order and Weapons of Chaos have an option to grant 1 major or 2 minor powers, in the HU2 Main Book....

Thanks! This exactly what I was looking for. :) However, does HU2 mean Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition or Heroes Unlimited 2? I think I don't have the correct version of the book in question. :(
Cheers
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Kamina wrote:
13eowulf wrote:Uh, about Enchanted Weapons granting Super Abilities, both Weapons of Order and Weapons of Chaos have an option to grant 1 major or 2 minor powers, in the HU2 Main Book....

Thanks! This exactly what I was looking for. :) However, does HU2 mean Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition or Heroes Unlimited 2? I think I don't have the correct version of the book in question. :(
Cheers

It means Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition (or the "current" Heroes Unlimited main book).
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unless a person actually asks about the HU 1st ed, the answers will (...should..) be answered as per the current Canon texts. Which is Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed. Abbreviated HU2.

Note: the word 'revised' is also a part of HU1 and HU2....but is normally ignored because ...well no-one really has the org. HU1...But some do have HU1r.
Kamina
D-Bee

Unread post by Kamina »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Unless a person actually asks about the HU 1st ed, the answers will (...should..) be answered as per the current Canon texts. Which is Heroes Unlimited 2nd ed. Abbreviated HU2.

Note: the word 'revised' is also a part of HU1 and HU2....but is normally ignored because ...well no-one really has the org. HU1...But some do have HU1r.

Thanks for the help everyone!! I see that I was looking at the older version of the main book. :(

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”