Question Regarding Rifts Magic OCCs in HU

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

EliBenedict
Wanderer

Question Regarding Rifts Magic OCCs in HU

Unread post by EliBenedict »

HU suggests the option of using Rifts magic OCCs (with HU education levels instead of OCC skills) as an alternative to the HU mage power category.

I'm curious, given that RCB has HU mages getting a power boost when they go to Rifts earth, should Rifts Magic OCCs get de-powered when imported to HU?
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: Question Regarding Rifts Magic OCCs in HU

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Outside of making everything SDC I don't think I'd depower them at all for my games.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

The Revised Rifts Conversion Book didn't include a PPE/ISP bonus for converted Heroes Unlimited characters, although it does still do so for 1st edition Beyond the Supernatural characters. Rifts Dimension Book 7 pp 14-5 has a chart entry for differences in magic level between dimensions, which while also not involving changes in those attributes listed other specifics which would apply. The book Splicers effectively extends this chart past No Magic down to Anti-Magic.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Skills: If using a Magic OCC from one of the other games I would replace the skills program inherent in the magic: mystic study power cat with the OCC skills, after omitting the h2h and non-magic related skills and the OCCR & secondary skills of the OCC.

I agree with Daniel.

But since the HU game does have rules for different planets having different levels of magic, there would be adjustments to all magic users' magic str. (spell str & level of effects [area/range/damage/durations]) when/if they travel from planet to planet (if the GM get's it in his/her head that they should do that.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”