Where can I find 'Dual Morphus'?

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ardashir
Wanderer

Where can I find 'Dual Morphus'?

Unread post by ardashir »

I've read about this talent several times. But just what book/magazine has it?

And if it's not breaking any rules, can we get a brief lowdown here on what it involves?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Where can I find 'Dual Morphus'?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

They are in a Rifter.

Some GMs I have talked to would require the NB/NS to have multiple personalities for the dual morphus to be used.

Off the top of my head R9.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ardashir
Wanderer

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:They are in a Rifter.

Some GMs I have talked to would require the NB/NS to have multiple personalities for the dual morphus to be used.

Off the top of my head R9.

Thank you.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Dual Morphus is found on pg 65 of Rifter 20, as an entry under the Multiple Body Table. It is described as incredibly rare, and states to roll as if creating two different Nightbane, with either Morphus available provided as the Nightbane switches back to their Facade inbetween.

Another potent entry in that article is Chained Together, which is similar to Dual Morphus in that it involves rolling for two Morphus save that both are manifest simultaneously. This gets downright goofy when one has a pseudo cyborg riding a dinosaur or the like. The Megalomaniac Table is explicit about being for power gaming, and has entries with abilities like +5 spell strength/+3magic save/X10PPE and +20 to 3 attributes/+10 to all others/+1d6x100 SDC. There are also less over the top tables dealing with effects during transformation between Facade and Morphus, mental attitude, and clothing. As the "optional" series of tables for Nightbane in Rifter go that article has the most bang for the buck.
ardashir
Wanderer

Curbludgeon wrote:Dual Morphus is found on pg 65 of Rifter 20, as an entry under the Multiple Body Table. It is described as incredibly rare, and states to roll as if creating two different Nightbane, with either Morphus available provided as the Nightbane switches back to their Facade inbetween.

Another potent entry in that article is Chained Together, which is similar to Dual Morphus in that it involves rolling for two Morphus save that both are manifest simultaneously. This gets downright goofy when one has a pseudo cyborg riding a dinosaur or the like. The Megalomaniac Table is explicit about being for power gaming, and has entries with abilities like +5 spell strength/+3magic save/X10PPE and +20 to 3 attributes/+10 to all others/+1d6x100 SDC. There are also less over the top tables dealing with effects during transformation between Facade and Morphus, mental attitude, and clothing. As the "optional" series of tables for Nightbane in Rifter go that article has the most bang for the buck.

Thanks for the information.

Return to “Nightbane®”