Vampires in the Nightlands

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Vampires in the Nightlands

Unread post by Warshield73 »

On page 12 of WB 2: Nightlands it says that Vampires in the Nightlands can operate "around the clock" due to the lack of true sunlight. Two questions:
1. Does this mean they never have to sleep? They can go for years or even centuries without sleep?
2. Does this mean that in the Nightlands a Vampire does not need home soil?

If there is anything in another book that answers this, I would love the reference otherwise best guess would be great.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: Vampires in the Nightlands

Unread post by The Beast »

IMO if they can operate around the clock then yes, they don't need sleep, and since they don't need sleep they wouldn't need to worry about their home soil.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Vampires in the Nightlands

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Candy wrote:This is making me wonder now what happens if you open a rift / nightlands portal when it's day on earth - can daylight shine through it to hurt a vampire directly on the other side, or is it only if they step through they burn?

If you look at the art representations, like to color piece of the Xiticix flying through, it is a door where everything comes through, including light.

Now I don't think it would have any of the metaphysical effects like making the tired or needing to sleep but if the sun is at the correct angle to the rift then light would shine through for whatever distance the angle allowed withing a sort of cone as if the Rift was lens of a weird flashlight. At least that is how I run it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Nightbane®”