Help: Missing Experience Tables (Shadows of Light)

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Help: Missing Experience Tables (Shadows of Light)

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So I'm working on a project and I've run into a bit of a problem. I wanted to check here to make sure there isn't something I may have missed.

Experience Point tables for World Book 4: Shadows of Light.

I found the Official missing tables for World Book 2: Nightlands in Rifter #48. However, Rifter #48 came out in 2009, and I think Palladium was still trying to pretend that Shadows of Light didn't exist. Were any official Experience Tables for this book ever released? I'm hoping I missed a Rifter issue, or that maybe the newer printings of Shadows of Light might have been printed with the tables.

Note: Yes, I know I can make my own. I'm not looking for recommendations to use, but only official material at this time (due to the nature of the project).

Thank you for your time. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Help: Missing Experience Tables (Shadows of Light)

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In Rifter 16, where the Athanatos where origanly presented the text says on page 69 that the Athanatos use the MightBane/Guardian EXP table.

The Shadows and Light says the same thing on page 34.

Reaper uses the NB mage exp table. page 46 SoL

The MK-ULTRA-II PCCs are listed as Master Psi's in their intro. So I would go with the Mind Master's EXP table for them.

Templar Dark Slayers...In power #2 ISP they are listed as Master Psi's.

Fallen Guardian is same as Guardian's.

Nocturne Collector....*shrugs* .... is described as an 'Agent'. So maybe mirror over some other agent class' exp table for them.

Vaash....doppleganger exp table

It looks like the writer was use to putting the EXP text in the class stats, but ether got rushed with the non-Athanatos classes, they got left out. Or the editor didn't realize that there were no tables and edited out the text for space reasons.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Help: Missing Experience Tables (Shadows of Light)

Unread post by Prysus »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:In Rifter 16, where the Athanatos where origanly presented the text says on page 69 that the Athanatos use the MightBane/Guardian EXP table.

The Shadows and Light says the same thing on page 34.

Reaper uses the NB mage exp table. page 46 SoL

The MK-ULTRA-II PCCs are listed as Master Psi's in their intro. So I would go with the Mind Master's EXP table for them.

Templar Dark Slayers...In power #2 ISP they are listed as Master Psi's.

Fallen Guardian is same as Guardian's.

Nocturne Collector....*shrugs* .... is described as an 'Agent'. So maybe mirror over some other agent class' exp table for them.

Vaash....doppleganger exp table

It looks like the writer was use to putting the EXP text in the class stats, but ether got rushed with the non-Athanatos classes, they got left out. Or the editor didn't realize that there were no tables and edited out the text for space reasons.

Greetings and Salutations. I had missed the Athanatos mention, thanks! That one will definitely help.

I had found Reaper, Fallen Guardian, and Vaash on my own, but I definitely appreciate the reference all the same (this book's layout is sporadic, so always better to be safe).

Looks like the various P.C.C. and Nocturne Collector remain unaccounted for. Thanks for the help. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.

Return to “Nightbane®”