Board index » Traversing the Megaverse® » Megaversal Ambassadors

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:05 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Long Live The Defilers!
Made my reservations last night! Can't wait--I've always wanted to attend an open house, and I think 2015 will be that opportunity.

I was thinking of events I could run, and I'm cooking up a fun "race against the clock/last character standing" sort of Palladium Fantasy game, but I'm also thinking the Open House might be a really good place to do a couple of seminars for Game Masters. Besides a general MA meeting, I was thinking perhaps a couple of seminars where we share GM tips to help become better game masters might be really nice. The two I had in mind were:

-Rifts Game Mastery: Join a group of dedicated Rifts Game Masters to discuss topics concerning running the Rifts RPG. NPCs, pacing, rules, creating tension, handling problem players--everything is on the table for discussion. Leave with some new ideas, or come up with a few of your own!

-NPC Workshop: Learn new ways to bring Non-Player Characters to life as never before, as a group of experienced Palladium GMs host a give-and-take on techniques, aids, and ideas to help bring your NPCs to life and make them truly memorable.

Thoughts? I run the GM's Jam at Gen Con every year, and have found these types of events have been great not just for learning new GM techniques and ideas, but also for just venting and realizing a lot of Game Masters run into the same issues.

I know Kev and the gang are looking for people to run events. Along with my PFRPG game, I'd be happy to head these up, to chip in my 3 or 4 events. I know it's a long way off, but I figure I'd start planning now.

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.”
-Tennyson

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:03 pm

Champion

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
I am in- whatever you need-
I think these are too good seminars.

Image Image

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator

Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.
I will never forget the first Open House in the old warehouse had a GM panel with Kevin, Eric, Carmen, Jason Marker, and a host of others, for some reason Wayne drug me away from the game I was about to run and sat me down with these legendary GMs as part of the panel. It was a wild Q&A type session with all the different panel members giving different takes on the questions from the audience. Anyway, I would be glad to take part in either of these GM panels should you need an additional body.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:25 pm

Megaversal® Ambassador

Comment: Long Live The Defilers!
Reelman wrote:
I will never forget the first Open House in the old warehouse had a GM panel with Kevin, Eric, Carmen, Jason Marker, and a host of others, for some reason Wayne drug me away from the game I was about to run and sat me down with these legendary GMs as part of the panel. It was a wild Q&A type session with all the different panel members giving different takes on the questions from the audience. Anyway, I would be glad to take part in either of these GM panels should you need an additional body.

Totally, James. You were one of the first folks I thought of.

'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.”
-Tennyson

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 am

D-Bee

I know I may no longer be an official Megaversal Ambassador but just wanted to let you guys know I will be running two Robotech Sessions at my local Spring Con: Phantasm, Gamer's Equinox the weekend of March 29th. I'll also be doing a Battletech game as well. As is typically the case, I am the only person running anything Palladium.