Oct 5th Robotech RPG Tactics (preliminary rules)

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Oct 5th Robotech RPG Tactics (preliminary rules)

Unread post by Phaze »

Running Robotech RPG Tactics Demos at Galacticon:

Game Day at Galactic Gregs
1407 E Lincolnway
Valparaiso, IN 46383
(219) 464-0119

October 5th, all day.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Phaze

Re: Oct 5th Robotech RPG Tactics (preliminary rules)

Unread post by Phaze »

Rappanui wrote:you recieved your box set?

No, Going to use various other Robotech minis as standins for the new minis. We happened to have 3 Myrias (GENCON Specials) so we have a full unit of FPA. We have old Btech minis to use for Glaugs and tomahawks. Probably going to use paper stand ins for the pods. We will use 1:200 VTs from kits from Japan. Got terrain...I played the demo (mini hall demo) several times at GENCON and have a good grasp on the rules (at least demo rules we were using).

I have asked (a couple of times) for the demo cards (just the files so I could print off) used at GENCON but there seems to be an issue with that, as I have yet to recieve them. So I will most likely be creating generic ones with Excel based off of the cell phone images of the ones at gencon.

If nothing else, it will be a blast going head to head with my buddy, but based on the interest we had last weekend (we met just to disuss how we were setting up this game and had several people in the game store playing Heroclicks who showed interest in Robotech), we will be busy playing all day.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Galacticon went well. We set up a table and started a match between myself and a friend:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Galacticon.jpg

A few people were interested and jumped in on each side to continue the battle.

Sides:

UEDF - 1 VT squad, 1 Tomahawk Squad, 1 Monster
Zentradi - 2 attrition Regult squads and an attack squad.

The Zens got some great hits right off the bat, inflicting heavy losses to the VT squad. Somewhere in the middle of the game, they started to loose ground. They failed to wrap up the Tomahawks and the Monster had some good hits to eliminate the attrition squads. It was close though as only 2 Tomahawks remained on the board at the end of the game. UEDF Win!

The middle of the day was spend in conversation with interested parties. We talked about the Kickstarter, history, possible release dates, game tactics, etc...

The afternoon was taken with another game in which again several people jumped in on.

Zentradi - 1 Attack Regult squad with Glaug, a regult artillery squad, and a unit of Female Power Armor.

Things again were evenly matched. This time the Tomahawks got hit hard by the FPA and the Artilery squad was decimated by the VTs and fire from the Monster. The FPA got destroyed by the VTs and fire from the Monster, but the Attack squad retaliated by eliminating the remaining VTs. So we had left a Monster and a untouched attack squad. The Zents used cover to inch forward into range of the monster and was able to inflict great hits to take it out. Zents Win.

Fun day.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Phaze wrote:Galacticon went well. We set up a table and started a match between myself and a friend:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/Galacticon.jpg

A few people were interested and jumped in on each side to continue the battle.

Sides:

Zentradi - 2 attrition Regult squads and an attack squad.

The Zens got some great hits right off the bat, inflicting heavy losses to the VT squad. Somewhere in the middle of the game, they started to loose ground. They failed to wrap up the Tomahawks and the Monster had some good hits to eliminate the attrition squads. It was close though as only 2 Tomahawks remained on the board at the end of the game. UEDF Win!

The middle of the day was spend in conversation with interested parties. We talked about the Kickstarter, history, possible release dates, game tactics, etc...

The afternoon was taken with another game in which again several people jumped in on.

Zentradi - 1 Attack Regult squad with Glaug, a regult artillery squad, and a unit of Female Power Armor.

Things again were evenly matched. This time the Tomahawks got hit hard by the FPA and the Artilery squad was decimated by the VTs and fire from the Monster. The FPA got destroyed by the VTs and fire from the Monster, but the Attack squad retaliated by eliminating the remaining VTs. So we had left a Monster and a untouched attack squad. The Zents used cover to inch forward into range of the monster and was able to inflict great hits to take it out. Zents Win.

Fun day.

Awesome look! Nice job!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Is there any place where you can get a copy of the mecha unit cards?
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”