Cons in Detroit or Buffalo?

Discussion of the Megaversal Ambassador program.

Moderators: Reelman, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Cons in Detroit or Buffalo?

Unread post by auyl »

Hey all, was wondering what kind of gaming related cons happen in Detroit and Buffalo area. I'm a Canadian sitting pretty much between the two cities, which makes travel to either pretty easy. What kind of MA support do these cons receive? Just curious and wondering if I could meet up with other MA's at these cons, not trying to step on any toes.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Cons in Detroit or Buffalo?

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

They mention a Detroit con in the latest weekly update.

YoumaCon – November 1-4 – Detroit, Michigan
www.youmacon.com

This a rapidly exploding anime convention the could have 15,000+ people this year. It includes a wide range of amazing costumes, guests, events, cosplay, gaming and multi-media fun.

Palladium Books will be exhibiting in the dealers’ room and we’ll have members of the Palladium staff and other maniacs at the booth, including me (Kevin Siembieda), Wayne Smith, Alex Marciniszyn, Julius Rosenstein, Chuck Walton and maybe a few other Palladium madmen. Artist Ben Rodriguez will be there too, but he’ll have his own booth. It all happens at Cobo Hall, downtown Detroit, near the waterfront. Join the fun.

Also next year they are coming to Canada.

Anime North – May 24-26, 2013 – Toronto, Canada

Speaking of which, have I mentioned that I will be one of the guests at Anime North in Toronto next year? Well, I will. The event takes place Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26, 2013. This will be my first time back at a convention in Canada in something like 15 years. Too long. www.animenorth.com

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
auyl
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by auyl »

Yeah I remember those cons mentioned, but I was looking more for a con devoted to gaming rather than an anime con which is devoted to everything anime (including gaming I realize, but it's only a part of a larger hole).

Are there any others that I should keep my open for?
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

There was a convention 30 minutes West of Detroit this past weekend. Someone was running Dead Reign there but no other Palladium titles were ran. I couldn't make it but I wanted to.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree

Return to “Megaversal Ambassadors”