Rifter 40: Where are the Barbarian Experience Tables?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

PalladiumBrony
Explorer

Rifter 40: Where are the Barbarian Experience Tables?

Unread post by PalladiumBrony »

I'm looking through the Rifter #40, and it has some really awesome "Barbaric" character classes; the Berserker, Native Tribesman, Savage Warrior, and Wild Man (Also Amazons are mentioned, but they're mainly a way to add fun flavour to other OCCs like the Longbow (Wo)man). But I cannot find anywhere an Experience point table for any of these classes, nor mention of what table to use, does anyone have a solution they've found works? Even if it's "use the same exp. table as [other class]".
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Rifter 40: Where are the Barbarian Experience Tables?

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Experience tables, in general, have been one of the more egregious buttpulls Palladium inflicts so as to fill up page space. They are in no way formulaic, particularly with respect to run of the mill humanocentric classes. Using one of the previously printed tables, such as that for Mercenary Fighter, is fine, but switching to another standard such as event or storyline-based advancement also works.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Tend to agree with Curbludgeon... Palladium Experience tables are very wonky, and sometimes even thematic (was it just in 1st edition that the Witch table always ended a level at 666?)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Curbludgeon wrote:Experience tables, in general, have been one of the more egregious buttpulls Palladium inflicts so as to fill up page space. They are in no way formulaic, particularly with respect to run of the mill humanocentric classes. Using one of the previously printed tables, such as that for Mercenary Fighter, is fine, but switching to another standard such as event or storyline-based advancement also works.

I use milestone levelling for my D&D games but I dont for Palladium as I think the XP system is so good. It rewards the exact game play I want at my table.

I would suggest playing around with the numbers and coming up with you own XP table that you can use for your players. Post it!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, I'd just go with the Barbarian EXP table on page 179 of the Northern Hinterlands book.

-Vek
"Seems obvious."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Veknironth wrote:Well, I'd just go with the Barbarian EXP table on page 179 of the Northern Hinterlands book.
Made me laugh - it' so yoi.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, it is the correct answer is it not? Brony was looking for the Experience tables for Barbarian subclasses. Makes sense to me to just use the main class EXP table.

-Vek
"I just beat Prysus to it."
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

Veknironth wrote:Well, it is the correct answer is it not? Brony was looking for the Experience tables for Barbarian subclasses. Makes sense to me to just use the main class EXP table.

-Vek
"I just beat Prysus to it."

:ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”